Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530325 times)

Offline jassi

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #4410 on: January 01, 2022, 11:47:04 AM »
If one went only on precedent  of past cases, there would be no need for anything to be considered by judges.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline barrier

« Reply #4411 on: January 01, 2022, 11:53:29 AM »
Same as barrier.. A sniping post with nothing to add to thee discussion.  For someone who claims you are not interested in my opinion you ate paying a lot of attention to it.. Lol

Its a new year but same old, you hold your opinion in such high esteem anyone who disagrees is seen to be sniping.

You claim to have read so much about previous cases and how they in your opinion will impact on the McCann/Healey V Portugal case and then have an impact on Amaral should the judges rule against Portugal.

How many of these case's involved an as yet unsolved missing child case and a detective who successfully went through the appeal courts of Portugal ( substitute the country of choice) ?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4412 on: January 01, 2022, 11:55:54 AM »
If one went only on precedent  of past cases, there would be no need for anything to be considered by judges.

Thsts, what the, ECHR has said.. Basically the judgement in thee McCanns case has already been decided based on previous judgements... Level 3
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 12:01:10 PM by Davel »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4413 on: January 01, 2022, 11:57:13 AM »

Its a new year but same old, you hold your opinion in such high esteem anyone who disagrees is seen to be sniping.

You claim to have read so much about previous cases and how they in your opinion will impact on the McCann/Healey V Portugal case and then have an impact on Amaral should the judges rule against Portugal.

How many of these case's involved an as yet unsolved missing child case and a detective who successfully went through the appeal courts of Portugal ( substitute the country of choice) ?

Several

Offline jassi

« Reply #4414 on: January 01, 2022, 12:05:16 PM »
Thsts, what the, ECHR has said.. Basically the judgement in thee McCanns case has already been decided based on previous judgements... Level 3

Have you a cite for that ?
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4415 on: January 01, 2022, 12:06:01 PM »
My reality is what the ECHR clearly state and the results of past cases.  That seems logical to me.. I suspect yours is dogs don't lie

Your opinion is based on your understanding of what the ECHR state and of the issues raised in past cases. Your understanding differs from mine.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4416 on: January 01, 2022, 12:10:56 PM »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4417 on: January 01, 2022, 12:12:32 PM »
Your opinion is based on your understanding of what the ECHR state and of the issues raised in past cases. Your understanding differs from mine.

The ECHR has already designated the case as level 3...covered by existing case law

Offline barrier

« Reply #4418 on: January 01, 2022, 12:12:48 PM »
Several

Give an example of any impact on an  individual after the ECHR ruled against a country ?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #4419 on: January 01, 2022, 12:13:46 PM »
The ECHR has already designated the case as level 3...covered by existing case law

Low importance.

Offline Admin

« Reply #4420 on: January 01, 2022, 01:47:39 PM »
Low importance.

Nothing the ECHR can say will have any consequences on the Madeleine case in my view. The McCanns lost their case very publicly in Portugal and when they attempted to claim that they had been cleared, the Portuguese Supreme Court issued a swift rebuke by way of a clarification to state otherwise.

Offline jassi

« Reply #4421 on: January 01, 2022, 02:13:08 PM »
I get the impression that countries can pretty much ignore rulings that go against them so even if McCann wins it will be of little consequence to Portugal.

Or maybe not -

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4422 on: January 01, 2022, 02:36:21 PM »
Nothing the ECHR can say will have any consequences on the Madeleine case in my view. The McCanns lost their case very publicly in Portugal and when they attempted to claim that they had been cleared, the Portuguese Supreme Court issued a swift rebuke by way of a clarification to state otherwise.

The SC never said they had not been cleared. I think you will find the SC will be heavily criticised in my view.  It has a very poor recirdvat the ECHR.
It obviously won't affect thevcade which imo has been solved by the Germans
The mist interesting point is that it has been shown that a favourable verdict could lead to the libel case being reopened in Portugal

For clarity the SC in 2017 said the mccanns were not clesred by the archiving despatch in 2008. They didn't say they had not been cleared.  I think it's quite obvious the despatch was evidence if innocence which the SC refused to accept
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 02:42:44 PM by Davel »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4423 on: January 01, 2022, 02:43:30 PM »
I get the impression that countries can pretty much ignore rulings that go against them so even if McCann wins it will be of little consequence to Portugal.

That may well not be true... Again based on facts

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4424 on: January 01, 2022, 02:45:51 PM »
It would be a moral victory for the McCanns and that would be enough.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly