Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530225 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #4455 on: January 02, 2022, 03:50:58 PM »
I don't need to know details - it's not me that taking guidelines into consideration when determining a verdict.
Nor is it you.

It's me that's making an informed opinion.. Others are uninformed. If you understood how things work you would realise what a strong case the McCanns have

Offline jassi

« Reply #4456 on: January 02, 2022, 03:55:12 PM »
It's me that's making an informed opinion.. Others are uninformed. If you understood how things work you would realise what a strong case the McCanns have

If it's that strong, I would have expected a result long before now.

I think I'll wait for a proper judgement instead of trying second guessing.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4457 on: January 02, 2022, 03:58:21 PM »

Is it your view then that the weaker the case the longer it takes to get heard?  That’s a novel approach.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4458 on: January 02, 2022, 04:20:25 PM »

It would be guessing in your case as you have no knowledge of how the ECHR reach their decisions.  If you've read this thread there's been second guessing from many posters for the past five years.
Seems like sceptics have decided that discussing how something might turn out is a waste if time.. Despite them doing it for the past 14 years... What a laugh they are

Offline jassi

« Reply #4459 on: January 02, 2022, 04:57:24 PM »
It would be guessing in your case as you have no knowledge of how the ECHR reach their decisions.  If you've read this thread there's been second guessing from many posters for the past five years.
Seems like sceptics have decided that discussing how something might turn out is a waste if time.. Despite them doing it for the past 14 years... What a laugh they are

Frankly I'm not interested in how a decision is made, only what the decision is.

Obviously I will be delighted if McCann faces humiliation again, but I have no real problem whatever the result - after all, i't not as I have any personal involvement.

I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4460 on: January 02, 2022, 06:05:10 PM »
Frankly I'm not interested in how a decision is made, only what the decision is.

Obviously I will be delighted if McCann faces humiliation again, but I have no real problem whatever the result - after all, i't not as I have any personal involvement.
Clearly you do have some personal investment in the result otherwise it wouldn’t be likely to provoke such an emotional response.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4461 on: January 02, 2022, 06:13:30 PM »

I think it's a sign of intelligence to want to understand how things work

Offline sadie

« Reply #4462 on: January 04, 2022, 01:18:12 PM »
Meanwhile I have been ghosted.  Wha( a very sorry tale..

I am very upset that Eleanor has been treated so shabbily.  She has worked long hours, with total integrity, for 9 years for John.  She has supported him robustly for years in a totally faithful way arguing against me many times when I have questioned Johns approach in phone calls to her.

For a woman in her eighties to suddenly find via forum that she has been dropped/sacked (call it what you like) without any explanation, discussion or warning sickens me.

Complaints about her were not made by the usual means where she could have defended herself, or if necessary adjusted her approach, but were made by a backdoor route.  Shame on all involved.

Sorry, but I am so angered that I had to say it

Please do not remove this.   Freedom of Speech etc.

Offline barrier

« Reply #4463 on: January 04, 2022, 02:05:58 PM »
I am very upset that Eleanor has been treated so shabbily.  She has worked long hours, with total integrity, for 9 years for John.  She has supported him robustly for years in a totally faithful way arguing against me many times when I have questioned Johns approach in phone calls to her.

For a woman in her eighties to suddenly find via forum that she has been dropped/sacked (call it what you like) without any explanation, discussion or warning sickens me.

Complaints about her were not made by the usual means where she could have defended herself, or if necessary adjusted her approach, but were made by a backdoor route.  Shame on all involved.

Why what happened? El is still here as senior mod, I prefer rockers myself.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4464 on: January 04, 2022, 04:03:36 PM »

I would love to know what this so-called backdoor route is. I'm inclined to think it's existence is the product of an over-active imagination.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4465 on: January 04, 2022, 04:57:38 PM »
I would love to know what this so-called backdoor route is. I'm inclined to think it's existence is the product of an over-active imagination.
I expect Sadie means by PM, which enables people to complain about and discuss others’ behind their backs.  Were you unaware of this facility?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4466 on: January 04, 2022, 05:12:31 PM »
I expect Sadie means by PM, which enables people to complain about and discuss others’ behind their backs.  Were you unaware of this facility?

People can do what they like via PM, but I doubt if action will be taken unless any complaint is valid.
Result = happy posting.

Offline sadie

« Reply #4467 on: January 04, 2022, 05:56:21 PM »
People can do what they like via PM, but I doubt if action will be taken unless any complaint is valid.

Bit of a cowardly attack on another moderator, don't you think, Gunit?

No chance for Eleanor to respond and put her side of the case if she doesn't know about it?  If she had erred, no chance to modify things.  And after nine years of faithful service, whilst being backed by John most of the time.

What a shock for an octarian lady who had given of herself so heartily
Eleanor is full of duty, hard work, integrity and honour.   Yet she was dumped like rubbish.

Would you do that rather underhand sort of thing, Gunit?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4468 on: January 04, 2022, 06:11:39 PM »
Bit of a cowardly attack on another moderator, don't you think, Gunit?

No chance for Eleanor to respond and put her side of the case if she doesn't know about it?  If she had erred, no chance to modify things.  And after nine years of faithful service, whilst being backed by John most of the time.

What a shock for an octarian lady who had given of herself so heartily
Eleanor is full of duty, hard work, integrity and honour.   Yet she was dumped like rubbish.

Would you do that rather underhand sort of thing, Gunit?

I am heartily sick of snide comments being directed at me. I was not involved in any way, shape or form in the incident which led to Eleanor's demotion
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4469 on: January 04, 2022, 06:13:33 PM »
You are a master at responding to my posts without actually referencing the point made.  I think this is called “strawman”.  Please stop doing it.