Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530243 times)

Offline jassi

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #4545 on: April 17, 2022, 10:03:25 AM »
The Sun is once again reporting that;

"MADELEINE McCann’s parents risk losing a large chunk of funds set aside to continue the search for her — to a former cop...

A source close to the family said: “If Gerry and Kate lose their appeal, there will be damages to pay and a big legal costs bill."
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/18286694/madeleine-mccann-search-fund-former-cop/

There's been no report of Amaral being awarded damages by any court.

One does have to wonder why the Editor allows such rubbish to be printed.
There must be better ways of boosting sales.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4546 on: April 17, 2022, 10:12:28 AM »
Have the Fund accounts just been filed?  That would possibly explain the media stories.  I’m sure our resident Fund correspondent will fill us in shortly….
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline barrier

« Reply #4547 on: April 17, 2022, 10:48:08 AM »

Not sure of sales, but with it on line now is it advertising revenue.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #4548 on: April 17, 2022, 10:53:19 AM »

From the article, its a bit like gambling, only bet with which you can afford to lose .

A source close to the family said: “If Gerry and Kate lose their appeal, there will be damages to pay and a big legal costs bill.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline jassi

« Reply #4549 on: April 17, 2022, 11:18:14 AM »
From the article, its a bit like gambling, only bet with which you can afford to lose .

A source close to the family said: “If Gerry and Kate lose their appeal, there will be damages to pay and a big legal costs bill.

Shame that there isn't a word of truth in that.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4550 on: April 17, 2022, 11:19:13 AM »
What do you know about it?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4551 on: April 17, 2022, 11:52:16 AM »

It's something that keeps being said, so where does it originate? From the McCanns, their friends or journalists misunderstanding the processes?

We know that journalists haven't been very good at understanding what was going on. They have given people the impression that the application to the ECHR involved Amaral when it didn't. Maybe they think that the ECHR can order the McCanns to pay him damages, which, of course it can't. Any legal fees will be negotiated between the McCanns and their lawyers, although the ECHR can, I think, order the McCanns to pay the state of Portugal's legal costs if they lose the case.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline jassi

« Reply #4552 on: April 17, 2022, 12:46:36 PM »
It's something that keeps being said, so where does it originate? From the McCanns, their friends or journalists misunderstanding the processes?

We know that journalists haven't been very good at understanding what was going on. They have given people the impression that the application to the ECHR involved Amaral when it didn't. Maybe they think that the ECHR can order the McCanns to pay him damages, which, of course it can't. Any legal fees will be negotiated between the McCanns and their lawyers, although the ECHR can, I think, order the McCanns to pay the state of Portugal's legal costs if they lose the case.

If the 'source close to the family' has been quoted correctly, then it's not a case journalists not understanding, but of not checking the accuracy and validity of the statements used.

Or maybe not -

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4553 on: April 17, 2022, 04:54:31 PM »

How much have the McCanns hadto pay Amaral to date, to cover his legal fees and loss of earnings from his book, tv programme etc?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4554 on: April 17, 2022, 05:58:04 PM »
How much have the McCanns hadto pay Amaral to date, to cover his legal fees and loss of earnings from his book, tv programme etc?

The Supreme Court ordered them to pay the costs of Amaral, the publisher Guerra & Paz, Editores SA, the audiovisual production company Valentim de Carvalho-Filmes e Audiovisuais SA and the TV Channel TVI-Televisão Independente. The amounts have been kept secret. Loss of earnings wasn't mentioned.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4555 on: April 17, 2022, 06:00:56 PM »
The Supreme Court ordered them to pay the costs of Amaral, the publisher Guerra & Paz, Editores SA, the audiovisual production company Valentim de Carvalho-Filmes e Audiovisuais SA and the TV Channel TVI-Televisão Independente. The amounts have been kept secret. Loss of earnings wasn't mentioned.
So these amounts weren’t paid out of the fund then?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4556 on: April 17, 2022, 06:58:27 PM »
So these amounts weren’t paid out of the fund then?

I have no idea what's been paid out of the Fund.
Result = happy posting.

Offline jassi

« Reply #4557 on: April 17, 2022, 07:42:30 PM »

Quite, the accounts are not very forthcoming when it comes to detail.

Or maybe not -

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4558 on: April 17, 2022, 08:02:48 PM »
Are there no debits in the accounts?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4559 on: April 17, 2022, 08:39:25 PM »
Are there no debits in the accounts?

Just Assets and Liabilities.
Result = happy posting.