Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530309 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #4845 on: January 16, 2023, 01:33:45 PM »
No, the ECHR weren't wrong. Although I'm sure there are people who think they were, just as there are people who think OG are right. It is those people who get it wrong.
So I've got it wrong when I say that the police who have all the information and evidence in this case are treating it as abduction by a stranger and the parents as victims of crime, is that what you're trying to tell me??!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4846 on: January 16, 2023, 04:48:58 PM »
So I've got it wrong when I say that the police who have all the information and evidence in this case are treating it as abduction by a stranger and the parents as victims of crime, is that what you're trying to tell me??!

Oh no, that's what the police are doing all right. You're just believing them.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4847 on: January 16, 2023, 05:23:58 PM »
That doesn’t make sense.  I said that’s what they are doing, whether I believe them or not is beside the point.  The have all the info, evidence and expertise and they are treating this as a case of stranger abduction, hence to answer your earlier question (again) it is the McCanns who are being treated as victims of a crime.  Now, we can go all around the houses again in another attempt by you to deflect from this very self-evident point or you can just accept it and stop arguing about nothing.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4848 on: January 16, 2023, 06:06:26 PM »
That doesn’t make sense.  I said that’s what they are doing, whether I believe them or not is beside the point.  The have all the info, evidence and expertise and they are treating this as a case of stranger abduction, hence to answer your earlier question (again) it is the McCanns who are being treated as victims of a crime.  Now, we can go all around the houses again in another attempt by you to deflect from this very self-evident point or you can just accept it and stop arguing about nothing.

The police were brought in to investigate stranger abduction, which is why that's what they're doing.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #4849 on: January 16, 2023, 06:41:55 PM »

VS is convinced the Police are convinced. Me, I'm unconvinced, due to the total absence of any objectively verifiable evidence Madeleine was taken in an act by strange criminals.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4850 on: January 16, 2023, 06:52:17 PM »
The police were brought in to investigate stranger abduction, which is why that's what they're doing.
Oh, so you do want to go around the houses again, I guessed as much. 
Who are the victims of crime?
The McCanns.
Who says?
Those authorities in England and Germany who are investigating their daughter’s disappearance.
Like it or lump it.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #4851 on: January 16, 2023, 06:54:21 PM »
Oh, so you do want to go around the houses again, I guessed as much. 
Who are the victims of crime?
The McCanns.
Who says?
Those authorities in England and Germany who are investigating their daughter’s disappearance.

It's a disappearance now is it?
I thought they were supposed to be investigating an abduction?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4852 on: January 16, 2023, 07:26:59 PM »
VS is convinced the Police are convinced. Me, I'm unconvinced, due to the total absence of any objectively verifiable evidence Madeleine was taken in an act by strange criminals.

Apparently we have to believe what some police forces tell us. Not Portuguese ones, obviously.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #4853 on: January 16, 2023, 08:26:36 PM »
Apparently we have to believe what some police forces tell us. Not Portuguese ones, obviously.

Yes, but I fear we have gone off on a tangent here. What we should be discussing is the McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights. But it appears the court didn't find the McCanns very appealing after all.

Offline jassi

« Reply #4854 on: January 16, 2023, 08:34:53 PM »
Yes, but I fear we have gone off on a tangent here. What we should be discussing is the McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights. But it appears the court didn't find the McCanns very appealing after all.

Perfectly understandable.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4855 on: January 16, 2023, 09:18:44 PM »
You’re both incapable of reading and understanding what I wrote, obviously.  Oh well, never mind.  Incidentally you don’t seem to have a problem with the troll being convinced the McCanns murdered Madeleine despite to total absence of any verifiable evidence that they did.  Funny that.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4856 on: January 16, 2023, 09:27:28 PM »
You’re both incapable of reading and understanding what I wrote, obviously.  Oh well, never mind.  Incidentally you don’t seem to have a problem with the troll being convinced the McCanns murdered Madeleine despite to total absence of any verifiable evidence that they did.  Funny that.

Well, if the police can believe in a stranger abduction without any verifiable evidence what's to stop others forming opinions?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4857 on: January 16, 2023, 09:36:09 PM »
Well, if the police can believe in a stranger abduction without any verifiable evidence what's to stop others forming opinions?
The problem with your logic is that you assume that the police only have access to the same limited information that you are privy to.  You seem to believe that there has been no new evidence gathered since 2008.  You seem incapable of understanding that you are not in full possession of all evidence gathered by 3 police forces and private investigators  since the PJ gave up since 2008.  You seem to believe that every last scrap of evidence gathered in the last 10 years has been divulged and that the police have witheld nothing at all of consequence from the public that may actually point to abduction as the reason for Madeleine’s disappearance.    Why is that, out of interest? 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4858 on: January 16, 2023, 09:37:42 PM »
Why is it OK to mock my opinion but not the troll’s, out of interest?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #4859 on: January 16, 2023, 09:49:30 PM »
The problem with your logic is that you assume that the police only have access to the same limited information that you are privy to.  You seem to believe that there has been no new evidence gathered since 2008.  You seem incapable of understanding that you are not in full possession of all evidence gathered by 3 police forces and private investigators  since the PJ gave up since 2008.  You seem to believe that every last scrap of evidence gathered in the last 10 years has been divulged and that the police have witheld nothing at all of consequence from the public that may actually point to abduction as the reason for Madeleine’s disappearance.    Why is that, out of interest?

You can only assume that the three expert investigative forces really have, since 2008, found new evidence that Madeleine was taken in a criminal act by a stranger. Because they haven't presented any (apart from the e-fits of, allegedly, Madeleine's father).

What evidence do you imagine the three expert investigative forces might have uncovered?
Why didn't this evidence lead them straight to the murderer?  Why was it that it took them until Busching got nicked for people trafficking before they found the concrete evidence to add to this evidence Madeleine was taken in a criminal act by a stranger, that you believe exists?