Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530287 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #5055 on: February 07, 2023, 01:36:32 PM »
You were quoting OxfordBloo were you not?  That is Debunker.

Can you prove that, I wonder. No matter. Whoever it is they understand 'proven facts' which so many supporters haven't managed to do.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5056 on: February 07, 2023, 01:57:08 PM »
Can you prove that, I wonder. No matter. Whoever it is they understand 'proven facts' which so many supporters haven't managed to do.

No need to prove it.  I know who he was and so does VS.  Debunker came and went with different names because he was getting so much hassle from Sceptics, although not alone in that.  But he was exceptionally good at it.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5057 on: February 07, 2023, 02:34:17 PM »

Incidentally, we all met up on The Mirror Forum, which was a long time ago and then went on from there together.  He was a warrior who often kept us all going.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5058 on: February 07, 2023, 03:18:07 PM »
Of course I can't prove it but I do know if for a fact.  Many here know it too.  I understand "proven facts" btw, doesn't mean I think the verdict was fair. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5059 on: February 07, 2023, 03:51:00 PM »
Of course I can't prove it but I do know if for a fact.  Many here know it too.  I understand "proven facts" btw, doesn't mean I think the verdict was fair.

The Verdict clearly wasn't fair, but it is possible to understand.  However, it has done no real harm to the search for Madeleine.  In fact it has helped to keep Madeleine in The News, so worth every penny.  Presuming that The McCanns have to pay anything from The Fund.  I would like to see Amaral try to enforce that one.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5060 on: February 07, 2023, 04:20:40 PM »

You mean Portuguese proven facts which are neither proven nor facts.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5061 on: February 07, 2023, 04:23:41 PM »
OxfordBloo certainly helped my understanding of the Portuguese legal system.

Could you explain to us in that case what a proven fact is according to the Portuguese courts

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5062 on: February 07, 2023, 04:38:53 PM »
Could you explain to us in that case what a proven fact is according to the Portuguese courts
It's a proven fact that the police wrote in the interim report that the dog alerts were definitely to a cadaver.  The fact is they were wrong to claim that as a fact, but the court didn't care about that, don't ask me why not.  If an interim report into CB concluded that Madeleine died in his camper van based on dog alerts then HCW would be entitled to write a whole book about how he dunnit and that would be perfectly OK as far as the ECHR is concerned. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #5063 on: February 07, 2023, 04:46:29 PM »
The Verdict clearly wasn't fair, but it is possible to understand.  However, it has done no real harm to the search for Madeleine.  In fact it has helped to keep Madeleine in The News, so worth every penny.  Presuming that The McCanns have to pay anything from The Fund.  I would like to see Amaral try to enforce that one.

Your opinion. The judges were quite satisfied with their decision and that's what counts
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5064 on: February 07, 2023, 04:57:39 PM »
Your opinion. The judges were quite satisfied with their decision and that's what counts
Some of us like to understand how things work.. We find it interesting

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5065 on: February 07, 2023, 05:02:42 PM »

I've tried, believe me. Read what OxfordBloo said and forget your supporter myth.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5066 on: February 07, 2023, 05:12:37 PM »
I've tried, believe me. Read what OxfordBloo said and forget your supporter myth.

I don't see you have explained it.. Could you briefly do it again or provide a link..

Offline jassi

« Reply #5067 on: February 07, 2023, 05:23:54 PM »
Some of us like to understand how things work.. We find it interesting

Doesn't matter how it works. Decision made. No amount of pointless discussion will alter that.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5068 on: February 07, 2023, 05:26:46 PM »
Doesn't matter how it works. Decision made. No amount of pointless discussion will alter that.
A decision was made back in 2007 not to charge the McCanns with either child neglect or hiding their child’s body, shame you weren’t around to hand out your helpful advice then, it could have saved us all millions of man and woman hours pointlessly “reasearching” aka arguing.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5069 on: February 07, 2023, 05:26:56 PM »
The German investigation didn't need a great deal of undermining, if we're honest. Wolters doesn't really have anything of substance against CB, that's the problem, & it could well be because the conclusions of the first investigation were correct, couldn't it.

Perhaps "undermining" is the wrong word.

Although I'm not too sure what to call deliberately feeding and publicising the wrong information in response to a police appeal for assistance in a criminal case.  Particularly one focusing on a missing child.

If you wish to comfort yourself that Amaral's investigation got anything right, allow me to direct you towards the private part of the forum which specifically addresses that question.
Maybe you will be able to add something to that thread which has escaped the attention of your fellow sceptics and is perhaps among the most underused on the forum.
Sometimes even sceptics can't bring themselves to defend the indefensible.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....