Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530285 times)

Offline jassi

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #5100 on: February 08, 2023, 09:20:03 AM »
Isn't that part of the reason we contribute to the miscarriage of justice forum?
What lessons do you think Portugal will learn from Madeleine's case if there are no repercussions and ex-officers are allowed to continue, with impunity,  to visibly profit from their failures whilst in public service?

Portugal's legal system is not really any of our concern - or that of any other country for that matter.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5101 on: February 08, 2023, 09:24:06 AM »
Portugal's legal system is not really any of our concern - or that of any other country for that matter.
It is if you get caught up in it, which many UK citizens have to their great cost over the years.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5102 on: February 08, 2023, 09:25:41 AM »
I'm not obliged to explain anything to you. The Portuguese Courts ruled that Amaral didn't libel the McCanns and the ECHR ruled that Portugal didn't breach their human rights. You can accept that or you can continue to throw your toys out of your pram because you got it wrong. Your superior (?) attributes seem to have let you down, my friend.
Where specifically did the court say no libel had been committed? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5103 on: February 08, 2023, 10:29:37 AM »

Until a British Child goes missing.  A British Child who is supposedly protected by her British Passport.

Portugal's long term abuse of Human Rights is legendary.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5104 on: February 08, 2023, 10:49:27 AM »
Until a British Child goes missing.  A British Child who is supposedly protected by her British Passport.

It wasn't up to either Britain or the state of Portugal to protect Maddie.
That responsibility belonged to her parents.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5105 on: February 08, 2023, 11:36:32 AM »

There are advantages to having a British Passport, but I don't think they include protection.

Please provide a cite for the legendary nature of Portugal's long term abuse of Human Rights.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5106 on: February 08, 2023, 11:40:01 AM »
There are advantages to having a British Passport, but I don't think they include protection.

Please provide a cite for the legendary nature of Portugal's long term abuse of Human Rights.

Legend has it, Portugal is worse than North Korea.

At least, that appears to be the belief among some.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5107 on: February 08, 2023, 11:46:29 AM »

Try Google.  Or not.  I really don't care.

Offline jassi

« Reply #5108 on: February 08, 2023, 11:47:29 AM »
Until a British Child goes missing. A British Child who is supposedly protected by her British Passport.

That 'protection' extends only to assistance by the British Consular service.  McCann got that.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5109 on: February 08, 2023, 11:48:21 AM »
Try Google.  Or not.  I really don't care.

But you do care.  Your main concern most days is complaining about Portugal.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5110 on: February 08, 2023, 12:01:26 PM »
But you do care.  Your main concern most days is complaining about Portugal.

Thanks for the compliment.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5111 on: February 08, 2023, 01:02:28 PM »

please provide a cite for the definition of of "proven facts" comes from in portuguese courts

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5112 on: February 08, 2023, 01:19:31 PM »
please provide a cite for the definition of of "proven facts" comes from in portuguese courts

Research it yourself. Or you can re-read this post, which you seemed to accept as you replied ; "Thanks Carana that makes perfect sense";

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=12011.msg655070#msg655070
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5113 on: February 08, 2023, 01:39:06 PM »
Research it yourself. Or you can re-read this post, which you seemed to accept as you replied ; "Thanks Carana that makes perfect sense";

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=12011.msg655070#msg655070
you obviously dont understand what Carana posted.

She confirms that they are not proven nor facts and in the portuguese system could not be disputed.

So the ECHR based their decision on facts that were not facts  and the McCanns were not able to dispute the lies in the files..Thats an injustice system not a justice system

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5114 on: February 08, 2023, 03:38:17 PM »
Where specifically did the court say no libel had been committed?
@G-Unit