Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530301 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #5265 on: February 11, 2023, 05:00:36 PM »
Are you one of the promotors of the myth that amaral is an office boy?  Whatever - such an incompetent anywhere I have worked would have got his marching orders before he could do too much damage.

Oh - wait a minute - he DID get his marching orders! didn't he.

Isn't that why he claimed he had to write a lying book in his defence.

His replacement as office boy did a far better job though.  He did his best to curtail the leaks to the Correio da Manhã et al.  Brought in experts and concluded that the three arguidos had no case to answer

The British authorities and the British press both hampered the first investigation;

The investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann was hampered because British police forces competed against one another, according to the author of a secret Home Office report.https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/sep/01/british-police-competition-harmed-madeleine-mccann-investigation-home-office-report

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5266 on: February 11, 2023, 05:07:33 PM »
The British authorities and the British press both hampered the first investigation;

The investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann was hampered because British police forces competed against one another, according to the author of a secret Home Office report.https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/sep/01/british-police-competition-harmed-madeleine-mccann-investigation-home-office-report
Is that the report authored by the much maligned Jim Gamble who is fully supportive of the McCanns and is of the opinion Madeleine was abducted?  Surely on the basis of both those things his opinion is worthless in your view?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5267 on: February 11, 2023, 06:07:03 PM »
Is that the report authored by the much maligned Jim Gamble who is fully supportive of the McCanns and is of the opinion Madeleine was abducted?  Surely on the basis of both those things his opinion is worthless in your view?

I don't dismiss information because I don't agree with some of the opinions of the person who provides it. That's very short-sighted imo. In this case he was correct in his assessment.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5268 on: February 11, 2023, 06:18:20 PM »

Well, he says he is. But there's no way to be sure he really is.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5269 on: February 11, 2023, 06:25:08 PM »
I don't dismiss information because I don't agree with some of the opinions of the person who provides it. That's very short-sighted imo. In this case he was correct in his assessment.
so  you agree with him that the Portuguese investigation was initially pretty poor

“Gamble explained that the Portuguese police's initial response to the case was chaotic and haphazard. He said this was "alien to the more structured police you would expect here in the UK. There was not a sense of order".

"In the first instance, the parents should be your number one suspects," he told Sky.

"In most cases, in the first few golden hours, as you collect evidence, you can then rule them in or out.

"And that was one of the huge flaws in this – people didn't focus on clearing the ground beneath their feet in those chaotic first few hours that led into the haphazard first few weeks.

"When I carried out the scoping review there was no evidence that some of the critical information and the analysis of which could have led to intelligence and to leads had been followed up."
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5270 on: February 11, 2023, 07:50:52 PM »
so  you agree with him that the Portuguese investigation was initially pretty poor

“Gamble explained that the Portuguese police's initial response to the case was chaotic and haphazard. He said this was "alien to the more structured police you would expect here in the UK. There was not a sense of order".

"In the first instance, the parents should be your number one suspects," he told Sky.

"In most cases, in the first few golden hours, as you collect evidence, you can then rule them in or out.

"And that was one of the huge flaws in this – people didn't focus on clearing the ground beneath their feet in those chaotic first few hours that led into the haphazard first few weeks.

"When I carried out the scoping review there was no evidence that some of the critical information and the analysis of which could have led to intelligence and to leads had been followed up."

So now you're going to question me about everything he ever said? He said the UK authorities hampered the investigation and I agree with him.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5271 on: February 11, 2023, 08:41:37 PM »
So now you're going to question me about everything he ever said? He said the UK authorities hampered the investigation and I agree with him.
It wasn’t a question.  You said he was correct in his assertion wrt to the way the investigation was handled from the start.   You can’t claim to know he was correct about the British police but incorrect about the Portuguese police, not without giving evidence to support your beliefs.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5272 on: February 11, 2023, 09:41:59 PM »
It wasn’t a question.  You said he was correct in his assertion wrt to the way the investigation was handled from the start.   You can’t claim to know he was correct about the British police but incorrect about the Portuguese police, not without giving evidence to support your beliefs.

I made a statement saying I agreed with Gamble about the mistakes made by the UK authorities. It doesn't mean I have to respond to questions about any of his other opinions and I won't.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5273 on: February 11, 2023, 09:59:46 PM »
I made a statement saying I agreed with Gamble about the mistakes made by the UK authorities. It doesn't mean I have to respond to questions about any of his other opinions and I won't.
You're sounding very touchy.. Probably because you are starting to realise you've been wrong for 15 yrs

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5274 on: February 11, 2023, 10:01:00 PM »
you are too funny!  Once again, I wasn’t asking a question, merely observing.  I love how you cherry pick to suit your arguments, very skillful ;-)

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5275 on: February 11, 2023, 10:49:39 PM »
you are too funny!  Once again, I wasn’t asking a question, merely observing.  I love how you cherry pick to suit your arguments, very skillful ;-)

A claim was made that Amaral hampered the investigation. I responded with Gamble's claim that the UK authorities did so too. That's all.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5276 on: February 11, 2023, 10:53:46 PM »
A claim was made that Amaral hampered the investigation. I responded with Gamble's claim that the UK authorities did so too. That's all.
Whataboutery.  The UK authorities may have done so unwittingly by being over eager to help, but that doesn’t let Amaral et al off the hook for their incompetence and lack of eagerness to follow up the invesigative opportunities as highlighted by Jim Gamble.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5277 on: February 12, 2023, 07:45:32 AM »
Whataboutery.  The UK authorities may have done so unwittingly by being over eager to help, but that doesn’t let Amaral et al off the hook for their incompetence and lack of eagerness to follow up the invesigative opportunities as highlighted by Jim Gamble.

The investigative opportunities which OG have spent years exploring with no results?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5278 on: February 12, 2023, 08:13:19 AM »
The investigative opportunities which OG have spent years exploring with no results?

DM rape case solved. CB convicted
3 other rape cases and two child sex offences potentially solved.... And a suspect considered 100 % guilty in the MM case... All because the McCanns pushed to continue the investigation and as as   a direct result of SY action.. You can't argue with the facts but you'll probably try.
All because of a public appeal on German TV organised by SY.
4 of these of these cases where the victims were let down by the PJ....
That's a very good result

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5279 on: February 12, 2023, 08:41:10 AM »
DM rape case solved. CB convicted
3 other rape cases and two child sex offences potentially solved.... And a suspect considered 100 % guilty in the MM case... All because the McCanns pushed to continue the investigation and as as   a direct result of SY action.. You can't argue with the facts but you'll probably try.
All because of a public appeal on German TV organised by SY.
4 of these of these cases where the victims were let down by the PJ....
That's a very good result

I think you're getting over optimistic. At the moment no trials are upcoming for this offender.
Result = happy posting.