Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530351 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #5295 on: February 13, 2023, 08:29:06 AM »
Neither court was required to discover what was true, just that the information quoted by Amaral was taken from the investigation files.
Exactly.  So how did the court arrive at the decision that Amaral did not libel the McCanns?  Libel being the publication of untrue and defamatory allegations  about another person.  Please explain.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5296 on: February 13, 2023, 08:37:30 AM »
Exactly.  So how did the court arrive at the decision that Amaral did not libel the McCanns?  Libel being the publication of untrue and defamatory allegations  about another person.  Please explain.

Because the theory was based on evidence? Albeit scant, as you have conceded.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5297 on: February 13, 2023, 09:17:01 AM »
Neither court was required to discover what was true, just that the information quoted by Amaral was taken from the investigation files.

I agree...but what was in the files was pure lies...you have to agree with that. So the ECHRs decision was based on lies...as you have now agreed...

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5298 on: February 13, 2023, 09:29:23 AM »
I agree...but what was in the files was pure lies...you have to agree with that. So the ECHRs decision was based on lies...as you have now agreed...

If the proven facts had said that the cadaver dog alerted to all things McCann, as oppose to saying the alerts confirmed cadaver odour, I really don't believe the outcome would have been any different. I mean, what were the investigative team supposed to have deduced from cadaver alerts combined with dubious claims of open windows, slamming doors & a sighting of Gerry? Abduction I suppose, because it's the only logical & plausible explanation apparently.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5299 on: February 13, 2023, 09:31:09 AM »
If the proven facts had said that the cadaver dog alerted to all things McCann, as oppose to saying the alerts confirmed cadaver odour, I really don't believe the outcome would have been any different. I mean, what were the investigative team supposed to have deduced from cadaver alerts combined with dubious claims of open windows, slamming doors & a sighting of Gerry? Abduction I suppose, because it's the only logical & plausible explanation apparently.

What you think is of no importance.. My post is fact not opinion

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5300 on: February 13, 2023, 09:33:08 AM »

Good for you. Have a biscuit, & remember to get back to me when Brueckner is charged.

Offline barrier

« Reply #5301 on: February 13, 2023, 09:33:25 AM »

Your post is opinion of what you consider to be fact.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5302 on: February 13, 2023, 10:04:27 AM »

It's a proven fact the dog alerted to things McCann & that there's still no sign of the abductor after 16 years, coincidently.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5303 on: February 13, 2023, 10:21:24 AM »

Point out which part of my post is opinion

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5304 on: February 13, 2023, 10:26:21 AM »
Point out which part of my post is opinion

Your opinion that my opinion isn't important. That's just your opinion. I believe my opinion is very important. Indeed it's often important enough to some that they feel compelled to reply.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5305 on: February 13, 2023, 10:51:47 AM »

What makes you think that the files could only contain truths? I expect most police investigation files contain lies, misunderstandings, evasions and opinions. That wasn't the issue. The issue was whether Amaral based his opinions on the information in the files and he did.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5306 on: February 13, 2023, 11:00:55 AM »
What makes you think that the files could only contain truths? I expect most police investigation files contain lies, misunderstandings, evasions and opinions. That wasn't the issue. The issue was whether Amaral based his opinions on the information in the files and he did.
And according to the courts that isn't a problem, so why is it a problem for anyone else to do so on this forum?  The ECHR ruling has made it clear that anyone covered by the ECHR can say whatever they want about the McCanns even if it is grossly defamatory, or hurts them or their family.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5307 on: February 13, 2023, 11:11:06 AM »
And according to the courts that isn't a problem, so why is it a problem for anyone else to do so on this forum?  The ECHR ruling has made it clear that anyone covered by the ECHR can say whatever they want about the McCanns even if it is grossly defamatory, or hurts them or their family.

Only if it's based on evidence. Which Amaral's theory was, as you agreed earlier.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5308 on: February 13, 2023, 11:23:14 AM »

I suggest you ask John to explain. His forum, his rules.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5309 on: February 13, 2023, 11:34:32 AM »
Your opinion that my opinion isn't important. That's just your opinion. I believe my opinion is very important. Indeed it's often important enough to some that they feel compelled to reply.

I don't feel compelled to reply at all.. I'm being courteous