Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530260 times)

Offline John

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #5325 on: February 25, 2023, 03:16:52 PM »
What do you think of the concept of judging that the blood in the fridge was Joana's without bothering to conduct a DNA test?

Rather bizarre
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5326 on: February 25, 2023, 03:32:33 PM »
She never appealed because she was guilty as hell by her own mouth.

Never mind the beating, eh what.  And Amaral getting done for lying in Court.  Just minor details.

Offline Carana

« Reply #5327 on: February 25, 2023, 03:58:19 PM »
Now we know why Leonor Cipriano didn't appeal to The ECHR.

IMO, her last lawyer made a total hash in advising her at the Supreme Court.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5328 on: February 25, 2023, 04:12:44 PM »
Rather bizarre
But despite this, the complete absence of forensic evidence of a bloody murder and dismemberment and despite the fact that she was tortured and police investigating the case were found to have lied you have no doubts whatsoever about the safety of the conviction, which I personally find a bit baffling.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline John

« Reply #5329 on: February 25, 2023, 05:19:03 PM »
But despite this, the complete absence of forensic evidence of a bloody murder and dismemberment and despite the fact that she was tortured and police investigating the case were found to have lied you have no doubts whatsoever about the safety of the conviction, which I personally find a bit baffling.

Two independent confessions is enough in this case. Leonora Cipriano might not have killed the girl but she was complicit in the attempted coverup after the fact. She deserved all she got in the end as did her murdering brother.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5330 on: February 25, 2023, 05:43:14 PM »
Two independent confessions is enough in this case. Leonora Cipriano might not have killed the girl but she was complicit in the attempted coverup after the fact. She deserved all she got in the end as did her murdering brother.
Two independent confessions is certainly not enough in a properly tried case if the defendants then go on to plead not guilty. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Carana

« Reply #5331 on: February 25, 2023, 06:20:20 PM »

I have yet to wade through the ECtHR judgement in the McCann case.

IMO, the Cipriano case should have been thrown out of court in the first instance. To be fair, the PT Supreme Court (exceptionally) invited her to give them her account. Any "normal" lawyer would have advised her to do just that. IMO, the lawyer may well have encouraged her to "confess" to being complicit in selling / giving her away as she'd already served the time that that would have incurred.

IMO, if she'd had a different lawyer and had just kept to her own recollection of events, the SC should have cancelled her imprisonment. If they hadn't, she would have had every right to take her case to the ECtHR. IMO.

As it stands, I still find it a strange coincidence that Brückner's other abode was less than 10 km from where little Joana disappeared. However, I haven't been able to establish if he was there at the time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5332 on: February 25, 2023, 07:54:41 PM »

As I understand and there has never been a reliable cite to dispute it,  is that there was only one confession...the one the portuguese court ruled was beaten out of her by the PJ....which Amaral was convicted of trying to cover up.
the only claim of another was by the lawyers of the thugs who beat her during their trial.

Any justice system which relies on torturing its suspects into confession has no right to call itself a justice system...more an injustice system 

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5333 on: February 25, 2023, 09:29:05 PM »
I have yet to wade through the ECtHR judgement in the McCann case.

IMO, the Cipriano case should have been thrown out of court in the first instance. To be fair, the PT Supreme Court (exceptionally) invited her to give them her account. Any "normal" lawyer would have advised her to do just that. IMO, the lawyer may well have encouraged her to "confess" to being complicit in selling / giving her away as she'd already served the time that that would have incurred.

IMO, if she'd had a different lawyer and had just kept to her own recollection of events, the SC should have cancelled her imprisonment. If they hadn't, she would have had every right to take her case to the ECtHR. IMO.

As it stands, I still find it a strange coincidence that Brückner's other abode was less than 10 km from where little Joana disappeared. However, I haven't been able to establish if he was there at the time.

Nothing to wade through. I posted several years ago the decision would be based on whether amarals book had  a factual basis....and thats how the decision was reached. Unfortunately for the McCannns the court accepted the facts supplied by the portuguese courts that the cadaver dogs alert was confirmed as  cadaver odour....of course it never was

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5334 on: February 25, 2023, 09:59:37 PM »
Nothing to wade through. I posted several years ago the decision would be based on whether amarals book had  a factual basis....and thats how the decision was reached. Unfortunately for the McCannns the court accepted the facts supplied by the portuguese courts that the cadaver dogs alert was confirmed as  cadaver odour....of course it never was

It's really quite simple;

That question would have been explored and answered by a criminal court if the McCanns were ever charged. The question the civil court was exploring was whether Amaral used facts from the files to base his hypothesis on. He did; the files were his factual basis.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5335 on: February 25, 2023, 10:41:19 PM »

That question would have been explored and answered by a criminal court if the McCanns were ever charged. The question the civil court was exploring was whether Amaral used facts from the files to base his hypothesis on. He did; the files were his factual basis.

I think it's about time you were stopped posting your opinion as fact.
That's your opinion..you have no experience or expertise in the area.
 It's the same in the cipriano criminal trial....no factual basis for the blood being accepted as a proven fact.
The ECHR guidance talks about veracity.

The book is based on lies..now that's a fact

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5336 on: February 25, 2023, 10:44:35 PM »

Seeing as it's simple..why is it considered a proven fact that the dog alerted to cadaver when the pj files report the exact opposite.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5337 on: February 25, 2023, 11:04:33 PM »

This is exactly what I have said.the ECHR see that Amarals book is based on facts in the files..proven facts...but they aren't proven and they aren't facts

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5338 on: February 26, 2023, 10:34:21 AM »
This is exactly what I have said.the ECHR see that Amarals book is based on facts in the files..proven facts...but they aren't proven and they aren't facts

You still don't get it, do you? The question to be answered was whether Amaral's book used the information in the files to form his hypothesis. He did.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5339 on: February 26, 2023, 11:00:20 AM »
You still don't get it, do you? The question to be answered was whether Amaral's book used the information in the files to form his hypothesis. He did.

Golly Gosh.  Any old hypothesis will do.  Make it up as you go along.

I am past caring about the Judicial System in Portugal.  The McCanns will never be charged and nothing that you say will alter that.

We all get it, believe me.  And only too well.  The Portuguese Justice System is corrupt.