Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530287 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #5490 on: March 03, 2023, 07:44:39 PM »
What an ungracious response...I won't rub your nose in it you must be feeling very inferior. I note you cannot contradict one statement I have made. The difference between us is I got the result wrong but I understand why..others were right but haven't got a clue why .I place you in that gr iup. Id much rather be the one who actually understands the principles involved. You've offered nothing but a cut and paste whereas I've provided a perfectly logical reasoned argument that no one else has come up with.
The facts proposed by the PJ became proven as regards that particular trial as soon as the verdict in the McCann's favour was made in the first trial.

Whatever....just as long as you finally shut up and accept that you did indeed get the result wrong.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5491 on: March 03, 2023, 07:57:23 PM »
Whatever....just as long as you finally shut up and accept that you did indeed get the result wrong.

How very rude.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5492 on: March 03, 2023, 08:09:57 PM »
How very rude.

It must be catching.  @)(++(*
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5493 on: March 03, 2023, 08:17:20 PM »

Youve really got the hump because Ive shown you up and shown how ignorant of the facts and how little understanding of the process you have. Is that what you would like ..for me to shut up and leave the forum...is telling posters who post polite posts to finally shut up what John had in mind when he made you a mod. Your wounded responses are hilarious...will your pride ever recover...I doubt it...LOL ..

« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 08:27:31 PM by Mr Gray »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5494 on: March 03, 2023, 10:02:29 PM »
I wrote my idea off the cuff without checking anything..is it's right then the alerts should not be listed as proven facts in the first trial...,just checked and they're not

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5495 on: March 03, 2023, 10:52:05 PM »

I think over the years of litigation it is worth remembering that the McCanns consistently won the argument only to have it all just as consistently overturned in appeal courts.
Resulting from that, is it just me, or does anyone else think about the alleged Ace up his sleeve.

Anyway it's all water under the bridge now.

Snip
Mr Amaral was ordered to pay the McCanns €500,000 in libel damages by a Lisbon court in 2015, but the decision was overturned and then thrown out by the Portuguese Supreme Court in 2017.

In a statement after the ruling, the McCanns expressed their disappointment but added: "Much has changed since we started legal proceedings 13 years ago against Mr Amaral, his publisher and broadcaster.

"We took action for one and only one reason: Mr Amaral's unfounded claims were having a detrimental impact on the search for Madeleine.

"If the public believed that we were involved in her disappearance, then people would not be alert for possible clues and may not report relevant information to the relevant law enforcement agencies.

"The focus is now rightly on the search for Madeleine and her abductor(s)."

https://news.sky.com/story/madeleine-mccanns-parents-lose-case-against-portuguese-ex-detective-goncalo-amaral-12701770
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5496 on: March 04, 2023, 06:56:18 AM »
I think over the years of litigation it is worth remembering that the McCanns consistently won the argument only to have it all just as consistently overturned in appeal courts.
Resulting from that, is it just me, or does anyone else think about the alleged Ace up his sleeve.

Snip
Mr Amaral was ordered to pay the McCanns €500,000 in libel damages by a Lisbon court in 2015, but the decision was overturned and then thrown out by the Portuguese Supreme Court in 2017.

In a statement after the ruling, the McCanns expressed their disappointment but added: "Much has changed since we started legal proceedings 13 years ago against Mr Amaral, his publisher and broadcaster.

"We took action for one and only one reason: Mr Amaral's unfounded claims were having a detrimental impact on the search for Madeleine.

"If the public believed that we were involved in her disappearance, then people would not be alert for possible clues and may not report relevant information to the relevant law enforcement agencies.

https://news.sky.com/story/madeleine-mccanns-parents-lose-case-against-portuguese-ex-detective-goncalo-amaral-12701770

Couldn't agree more

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5497 on: March 04, 2023, 07:29:56 AM »
Youve really got the hump because Ive shown you up and shown how ignorant of the facts and how little understanding of the process you have. Is that what you would like ..for me to shut up and leave the forum...is telling posters who post polite posts to finally shut up what John had in mind when he made you a mod. Your wounded responses are hilarious...will your pride ever recover...I doubt it...LOL ..

I don't think it's me who's desperately trying to erase my misunderstanding of the issues from people's minds. I think  it's someone else who's pride is wounded, not mine. My self-esteem is fine, because it doesn't depend upon being admired on here.

I never told you to leave the forum, by the way, just to stop flogging the dead horse of the thread title. The McCanns appealed to the ECHR and lost. No-one breached their human rights.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5498 on: March 04, 2023, 08:03:02 AM »
I don't think it's me who's desperately trying to erase my misunderstanding of the issues from people's minds. I think  it's someone else who's pride is wounded, not mine. My self-esteem is fine, because it doesn't depend upon being admired on here.

I never told you to leave the forum, by the way, just to stop flogging the dead horse of the thread title. The McCanns appealed to the ECHR and lost. No-one breached their human rights.

Again there is so much wrong with your post and its clear your ego is incredibly bruised...its plain for all to see . i offerred a well resourced logical argument as opposed to you who could only manage insults.

Youre wrong about me trying to erase anything from peoples mind....Im simply trying to understand how the decision was reached. You constantly dissect the minutia of the case against the McCanns  even though there is no admissible evidence against them......they  can never be charged yet accuse me of flogging a dead horse. its laughable. You need to stop thinking its your place to tell posters what they should and shouldnt discuss...its not your place...do you understand.

Intelligent people dont just want to know what hapened ....they want to know why it happened. i may have got the result wrong but my knowledge and understanding of the principles involved is way ahead of anything you could hope to acheive...you prove that yesterday when all you could manage was insults and cut and pastes..

My analysis yesterday might not be 100% correct but it show a level of understanding you just could not match...and thats what irks you

I intended to be humble and kind to you after your humiliation...but you had to try and insult me...you shouldnt bothered.......you cannot insult me...water off a a ducks back

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5499 on: March 04, 2023, 08:13:16 AM »
Couldn't agree more

I agree. We should be focusing on the abductor, & the case against him, & how incredibly well that's going....
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5500 on: March 04, 2023, 08:24:53 AM »

Snip

They convinced one judge that they were right. I don't think they won any other arguments.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5501 on: March 04, 2023, 08:32:43 AM »
They convinced one judge that they were right. I don't think they won any other arguments.

Theyve won the argumnet that Amaral was wrong and his thesis based on lies not facts. You need to shut up and stop flogging the dead horse claiming otherwise

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5502 on: March 04, 2023, 08:38:39 AM »
Theyve won the argumnet that Amaral was wrong and his thesis based on lies not facts. You need to shut up and stop flogging the dead horse claiming otherwise

Where & when was that supposed to have happened?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5503 on: March 04, 2023, 08:40:12 AM »

Seems a strange way of winning an argument, losing a court case.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5504 on: March 04, 2023, 10:10:11 AM »

His thesis wasn't based on figments of his imagination, it was based on facts which were recorded in the investigation files.
Result = happy posting.