Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530367 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #5580 on: March 09, 2023, 02:08:06 PM »
Only if they lie, I would think;

the first judgements list of proven facts did not contain the statement of facts re the dogs
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=8465.msg701492#msg701492

From the 1st judgement.Proven facts.

https://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6307.0

6. The British police dogs “Eddie” and “Keela” detected human blood and cadaver in the apartment 5A, Ocean Club [alínea AR) of the undisputed facts].

7. The British police dogs “Eddie” and “Keela” detected human blood and cadaver in a vehicle rented by the claimants after the disappearance of MMC [alínea AS) of the undisputed facts].
There's no such thing as lies any more, remember?  Just facts and true facts.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5581 on: March 09, 2023, 02:37:24 PM »

Is there any possibility that we could all be a teensy bit nicer to each other?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5582 on: March 09, 2023, 03:05:48 PM »
I don't regularly call people stupid, nasty or fools, but I would welcome a change of attitude from those who do.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5583 on: March 09, 2023, 03:45:33 PM »
I don't regularly call people stupid, nasty or fools, but I would welcome a change of attitude from those who do.

I included you in my heart felt message.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5584 on: March 09, 2023, 03:49:17 PM »
Is there any possibility that we could all be a teensy bit nicer to each other?
In order for that to happen everyone would need to behave civilly, which includes not making snide comments about each other or any of the individuals under discussion (eg the McCanns or Amaral) and answering questions put to each other honestly and openly, with all views respected and not mocked or pooh-poohed, and moderation handled fairly without favour.  There would need to be empathy and understanding of each others' points of view and an acceptance that we may have got things wrong in the past, that we don't know everything now, and that we still have stuff to learn about this case and others.   Let's be honest, none of that is ever likely to happen on here but happy to give it a try (even though it would make this place a dull read).  You would have to permanently ban the troll first though as he isn't ever likely to change.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline barrier

« Reply #5585 on: March 09, 2023, 06:33:05 PM »
Yes, that's what John called it in the Thread Title - is he the last word on the subject then?

What else could be deduced from ID opening statement ?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5586 on: March 09, 2023, 06:58:20 PM »
What else could be deduced from ID opening statement ?
That they were suing for damage caused to them and the search for their daughter caused by the book and the video.  I take it you believe it was a libel trial? If so why were none of the allegations in Amaral’s book examined to ascertain their truthfulness or otherwise? 

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5587 on: March 09, 2023, 07:04:35 PM »
I included you in my heart felt message.

Let's start with wiping out the personal insults.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5588 on: March 10, 2023, 07:59:50 AM »
Let's start with wiping out the personal insults.

You wouldn't have wanted to be left out would you?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5589 on: March 10, 2023, 11:44:26 AM »
So John has confirmed it's ok to accuse other posters of lying..I like to understand the rules.
First thing I would say is gunit once again shows her ignorance and continues to make a fool of herself. I suggests she looks in the dictionary to educate herself as to what the word actually means mmand she'll see once more she's wrong

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5590 on: March 10, 2023, 11:50:58 AM »
You think you can continue to tell lies, when the truth is written down for all to see?

PROVED FACTS

Taking into account the matter considered undisputed in the selection of facts and the decision handed down in due course after producing the matter of evidence and discussing the case, the following facts are demonstrated :

1.  The claimants KM and GM are married to each other

2.  The claimant Madeleine Beth McCann was born on the 12.05.2003 and is the daughter of the claimants Kate and Gerry McCann

3.  The claimant Sean McCann was born on the 01.02.2005 and is the son of the claimants Kate and Gerry McCann

4.  The claimant Amelie McCann was born on the 01.02.2005 and is the daughter of the claimants Kate and Gerry McCann

5.  The claimant Madeleine Beth McCann has been missing since the 3rd of May of 2007, and the criminal investigation n. 201/07.0GALGS was open by the Public Prosecutor of the Republic for the Portimao District.

6. The British police dogs “Eddie” and “Keela” detected human blood and cadaver in the apartment 5A, Ocean Club [alínea AR) of the undisputed facts].

7. The British police dogs “Eddie” and “Keela” detected human blood and cadaver in a vehicle rented by the claimants after the disappearance of MMC [alínea AS) of the undisputed facts].

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6307.0

Seems like they misunderstood too; or just believed what the McCanns told them....

Lawyers for Kate and Gerry McCann argued that the Portuguese authorities had breached their right to respect for a private and family life in the way the courts there dealt with their libel claims against Goncalo Amaral.
https://news.sky.com/story/madeleine-mccanns-parents-lose-case-against-portuguese-ex-detective-goncalo-amaral-12701770

Kate and Gerry McCann appealed to the European Court of Human Rights over a Portuguese decision in their libel challenge over Goncalo Amaral's claims.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62967119

Kate and Gerry McCann lost latest round of legal battle with Goncalo Amaral
 Pair had sued Portuguese ex-cop for libel after he published a book suggesting they were involved in the disappearance of daughter Madeleine in 2007
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11230233/European-Court-Human-Rights-rules-against-parents-Madeleine-McCann-case-against-Portugal.html
You will notice I said Jan 15. The proven facts listed in the trial in Jan 15 did not reference the dogs whatsoever...they were mentioned in the proven facts in April 15 ...at the end of the trial. You shouldn't try and teach a crocodile to swim. Your descent into calling me a list only shows how rattled you are...it's funny to see how far you have fallen

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5591 on: March 10, 2023, 12:00:35 PM »
If anyone refers to me by any of those words I'm not bothered because I'm not....but as you say ...it bothers you

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5592 on: March 10, 2023, 12:58:00 PM »
You will notice I said Jan 15. The proven facts listed in the trial in Jan 15 did not reference the dogs whatsoever...they were mentioned in the proven facts in April 15 ...at the end of the trial. You shouldn't try and teach a crocodile to swim. Your descent into calling me a list only shows how rattled you are...it's funny to see how far you have fallen

Do you have a link to the list of proven and unproven facts presented to the lawyers by Judge Maria Emília Melo e Castro on 21st January 2015?
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5593 on: March 10, 2023, 01:05:41 PM »
If anyone refers to me by any of those words I'm not bothered because I'm not....but as you say ...it bothers you

I find it strange that people who do use those words can appeal for us all to be nice to each other.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5594 on: March 10, 2023, 01:06:06 PM »
Do you have a link to the list of proven and unproven facts presented to the lawyers by Judge Maria Emília Melo e Castro on 21st January 2015?
There's a whole subforum devoted to the so called Libel Trial on this very website, were you unaware of it?  I believe you will find what you're looking for in there...