Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530309 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #5610 on: March 10, 2023, 10:42:40 PM »
This is true and has always been my opinion.

I believe that it is irrefutable that Amaral viewed and used Madeleine McCann as a cash cow after botching the inquiry into her disappearance which ultimately ensured the abandonment of even a pretence of looking for her with the archiving of the process.

Upholding the finding that this anonymous couple whose media exposure was as a direct result of what is described in law as "the incident" resulted in them becoming "public figures" whose "notoriety" made them and their family fair game as "they had inevitably and knowingly laid themselves open to close scrutiny of their every word and deed." https://hudoc.echr.coe.int/eng#{%22itemid%22:[%22002-13798%22]}

To me that is illogical ~ unless someone can explain alternatives to how one is supposed to publicise the search for a missing person (that is inclusive of the fact a person is missing) without recourse to the media.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline misty

« Reply #5611 on: March 11, 2023, 03:05:19 AM »
I believe that it is irrefutable that Amaral viewed and used Madeleine McCann as a cash cow after botching the inquiry into her disappearance which ultimately ensured the abandonment of even a pretence of looking for her with the archiving of the process.

Upholding the finding that this anonymous couple whose media exposure was as a direct result of what is described in law as "the incident" resulted in them becoming "public figures" whose "notoriety" made them and their family fair game as "they had inevitably and knowingly laid themselves open to close scrutiny of their every word and deed." https://hudoc.echr.coe.int/eng#{%22itemid%22:[%22002-13798%22]}

To me that is illogical ~ unless someone can explain alternatives to how one is supposed to publicise the search for a missing person (that is inclusive of the fact a person is missing) without recourse to the media.

Sadly, imo, I think the McCanns were seen, not least in the eyes of Amaral & PJ, to be using the media to promote  Madeleine's disappearance only as abduction almost from the beginning. Rightly or wrongly, I think the courts considered Amaral's opinion of events, via his book based on PJ files, carried equal weight in the absence of proven truth.
The McCanns had little choice other than to use the media if they were to stand any chance of finding Madeleine. We are fully aware of the legal restrictions placed on PJ in relation to media and secrecy but many people, including the McCanns, found ways to circumvent both this and libel laws irrespective of the nature of their opinions.
Having followed Nicola Bulley's case it's apparent what harm publicity and free speech can be done to a victim, their family and the police personnel who have the unenviable task of investigating someone's disappearance. Words shouldn't be more important than actions but we seem to be moving towards a society in which there are ever-increasing repercussions for expressing our viewpoint.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5612 on: March 11, 2023, 08:11:09 AM »
The claim that the dog  alerted to cadaver odour is alie.
according to the PJ this was the main evidence against the mcCanns

so..
The case against the mccanns was based on a lie
Amarals book was based on a lie
the ECHR verdict was based on a lie

and gunit calls me  a liar...but as its based on her ignorance its of no importance...and makes her a liar

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5613 on: March 11, 2023, 08:23:09 AM »

The ECHR judges, just like the Portuguese ones, understood why the McCanns opted to become public figures. Whatever their motives were, it was still a fact that they did so and that had consequences.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5614 on: March 11, 2023, 08:33:14 AM »

so..

and gunit calls me  a liar...but as its based on her ignorance its of no importance...and makes her a liar

The above 'lies' are a matter of your personal opinion. I said you lied about the content of the first judgement and that was true, as my cites showed.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5615 on: March 11, 2023, 08:49:15 AM »

Oh Happy Days.  And it's only Saturday.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5616 on: March 11, 2023, 08:50:45 AM »

so..

You say the dog alerts were the main evidence against the McCanns. So according to you, there was other lesser evidence against the McCanns. Right?

Why is it then that you can get away with saying this, yet whenever I correct Eleanor & Brietta, when they claim there was no evidence at all against the McCanns, I get warning points?  It doesn't make sense to me.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5617 on: March 11, 2023, 09:19:08 AM »
The above 'lies' are a matter of your personal opinion. I said you lied about the content of the first judgement and that was true, as my cites showed.

The above lies are proven..as are your lies. I told no lies..the truth is you don't understand the meaning of the word liar. You do understand how to ruin a forum by acting like a spoilt child.lol

Offline barrier

« Reply #5618 on: March 11, 2023, 09:30:13 AM »
Oh Happy Days.  And it's only Saturday.

Should start on a Sunday really.

https://youtu.be/slvGKU7HF6M
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #5619 on: March 11, 2023, 09:35:50 AM »

so..

Bolded bit,its not, its not proven they alerted to cadaver, boy wouldn't it be a surprise if Wolters comes back and says Madeleine was killed in 5a, he's yet to reveal where he thinks Madeleine was killed.
But back to the ECHR what was it the McCanns took the case to them over, you maintained article 10, this was never mentioned.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5620 on: March 11, 2023, 09:37:03 AM »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5621 on: March 11, 2023, 09:40:12 AM »
Bolded bit,its not, its not proven they alerted to cadaver, boy wouldn't it be a surprise if Wolters comes back and says Madeleine was killed in 5a, he's yet to reveal where he thinks Madeleine was killed.
But back to the ECHR what was it the McCanns took the case to them over, you maintained article 10, this was never mentioned.

your a liar....I said article 8...stop lying

Offline barrier

« Reply #5622 on: March 11, 2023, 09:44:48 AM »
your a liar....I said article 8...stop lying
Watcha Billy, now article 8 was a right to private and family life, how was this judgement based on a lie ?

Conclusion(s)
No violation of Article 8 - Right to respect for private and family life (Article 8 - Positive obligations
Article 8-1 - Respect for private life)

Offline barrier

« Reply #5623 on: March 11, 2023, 09:46:12 AM »
If only.

Walk away from which does not make you happy, simples.

Offline barrier

« Reply #5624 on: March 11, 2023, 09:48:00 AM »
I see its fully updated now.