Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 530325 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #5700 on: March 13, 2023, 11:36:39 AM »
Amaral had the same right to speculate on the crime as the McCanns did, so long as he based his theory upon the contents of the investigation files.
Amarars theory was based on lies..that's fact not opinion

Offline misty

« Reply #5701 on: March 13, 2023, 12:01:25 PM »

Had the McCanns gone down the criminal defamation route against Amaral in 2008 I believe the lies would have been scrutinised in court and the outcome rather different. However, the cost of that course of action could not have been borne by Madeleine's fund.

Offline jassi

« Reply #5702 on: March 13, 2023, 12:21:57 PM »
Had the McCanns gone down the criminal defamation route against Amaral in 2008 I believe the lies would have been scrutinised in court and the outcome rather different. However, the cost of that course of action could not have been borne by Madeleine's fund.
'
Do you mean they would have had to spend their own money, rather than someone else's?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5703 on: March 13, 2023, 12:22:53 PM »

Yes, Amarar was quite wrong. No inference can be drawn from the cadaver dog alerts in the apartment where the child disappeared from. Not even when taken in conjunction with the evidence from the witness who saw the father carrying the inert child away from scene. Or with the child's mother having clammed up under scrutiny. All of that must be disregarded. This was an abduction, so it was. Really, it was, Wolters can prove it.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5704 on: March 13, 2023, 12:30:06 PM »

In the cipriano case the proven facts included joannas blood being found in the fridge even though it wasn't tested.
The judge commented that as the fridge had been cleaned with bleach it couldn't be tested and as there was nothing to contradict it. ...the blood evidence could be included in proven facts. I see no reason to think the logic was any different in the mccann case

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5705 on: March 13, 2023, 12:40:54 PM »

Ricardo Afonso spent almost two hours talking about numbers, comparing the Gonçalo Amaral book with selected bits of the case files and trying to discredit the author, the PJ and the dogs, while insisting that the British police didn't agree with the PJ's conclusions that led to the McCanns being made arguidos.

He also attacked the Smiths' credibility and questioned why they were seen as credible by the investigation while Jane Tanner was discredited.

https://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=5786.0

I wonder how much input the McCanns gave their lawyers in that matter?

Offline misty

« Reply #5706 on: March 13, 2023, 12:44:25 PM »
'
Do you mean they would have had to spend their own money, rather than someone else's?
Yes. The lawsuit would have been a personal issue rather than one which involved finding Madeleine.
The only silver lining in the ECHR verdict imo is that Amaral has been legally allowed to profit from Madeleine's disappearance by Portugal and a higher court. Should it ever come to light that he had guilty knowledge of Brueckner's involvement whilst he was co-ordinator of PJ investigation and Bruckner is subsequently convicted of murder, there can be no ambiguity in the State's role or responsibility for police corruption in public office.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5707 on: March 13, 2023, 12:49:12 PM »
Yes. The lawsuit would have been a personal issue rather than one which involved finding Madeleine.
The only silver lining in the ECHR verdict imo is that Amaral has been legally allowed to profit from Madeleine's disappearance by Portugal and a higher court. Should it ever come to light that he had guilty knowledge of Brueckner's involvement whilst he was co-ordinator of PJ investigation and Bruckner is subsequently convicted of murder, there can be no ambiguity in the State's role or responsibility for police corruption in public office.

I wouldn't recommend holding your breath whilst waiting for that to happen.

Offline barrier

« Reply #5708 on: March 13, 2023, 12:58:17 PM »

Amaral saw the dogs alert as evidence, how was this a lie.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline misty

« Reply #5709 on: March 13, 2023, 01:05:09 PM »

The dogs did not attribute their own alerts to a specific victim or offender but Amaral did.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5710 on: March 13, 2023, 01:09:56 PM »
I think Amaral knows what happened in both cases.  But I doubt that Portugal will pursue this and I can't see any means by which this can be investigated outside of Portugal.

I think it has become increasingly obvious that there was and still is a particular attitude in Portugal pertaining to crimes perpetrated against women and children.  I think Leonor, Joana, Kate, Madeleine and Jacinta are cases in point.

Australian woman’s death in Algarve questioned by family
-28th October 2010
Family members of an Australian woman who was found dead at her home in São Brás de Alportel in March 2008 are claiming that she was murdered despite Portuguese police ruling that she had committed suicide.

The body of Jacinta Rees was found by a teenage neighbour at around 9.30am and, at the time, police told the Algarve Resident: “There were traces of blood found at the house, however there is no suspicion of murder.”

The spokesman for the GNR continued: “The PJ police investigated the property and did not find any evidence of robbery or any other crime.”

At the time of the incident, the police spokesman said that Jacinta Rees could have been “psychologically impaired” due to the fact that she had been in a car accident two days earlier and treated at Beja Hospital.

According to Australian newspaper Herald Sun, a new autopsy by Australian authorities concluded that Jacinta Rees died from a “blunt force injury to the left side of the head.  The injury pattern with trauma to both head and the left arm raises serious concerns.  Further investigations are being undertaken via the Victorian Police Department’s homicide squad.”

https://www.portugalresident.com/australian-womans-death-in-algarve-questioned-by-family/

Of course Portugal won't ever investigate Amaral not even when he throws his weight behind the paedophile and rapist suspect in Madeleine's murder suggesting he's a patsy.

What would be the point anyway.  Even were he to be convicted of something, the appeal courts would iron it all out for him.  Can't help but wonder why his appeal against perjury resulting from the torture trial hit the skids when even Cristivao walked away from that one without blemish to his name.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline barrier

« Reply #5711 on: March 13, 2023, 01:10:48 PM »
The dogs did not attribute their own alerts to a specific victim or offender but Amaral did.

There was only one child/victim reported missing from 5a, what other victim could there have been, once again Amaral saw the dog alerts as evidence, how was this a lie.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5712 on: March 13, 2023, 01:22:05 PM »
There was only one child/victim reported missing from 5a, what other victim could there have been, once again Amaral saw the dog alerts as evidence, how was this a lie.
Look at it this way:  is it a FACT that the dogs alerted to Madeleine's corpse?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5713 on: March 13, 2023, 01:22:46 PM »

Amaral was told the alerts were not evidence..the lie was to say the alert was to cadaver odour

Offline misty

« Reply #5714 on: March 13, 2023, 01:25:57 PM »
I think it has become increasingly obvious that there was and still is a particular attitude in Portugal pertaining to crimes perpetrated against women and children.  I think Leonor, Joana, Kate, Madeleine and Jacinta are cases in point.

Australian woman’s death in Algarve questioned by family
-28th October 2010
Family members of an Australian woman who was found dead at her home in São Brás de Alportel in March 2008 are claiming that she was murdered despite Portuguese police ruling that she had committed suicide.

The body of Jacinta Rees was found by a teenage neighbour at around 9.30am and, at the time, police told the Algarve Resident: “There were traces of blood found at the house, however there is no suspicion of murder.”

The spokesman for the GNR continued: “The PJ police investigated the property and did not find any evidence of robbery or any other crime.”

At the time of the incident, the police spokesman said that Jacinta Rees could have been “psychologically impaired” due to the fact that she had been in a car accident two days earlier and treated at Beja Hospital.

According to Australian newspaper Herald Sun, a new autopsy by Australian authorities concluded that Jacinta Rees died from a “blunt force injury to the left side of the head.  The injury pattern with trauma to both head and the left arm raises serious concerns.  Further investigations are being undertaken via the Victorian Police Department’s homicide squad.”

https://www.portugalresident.com/australian-womans-death-in-algarve-questioned-by-family/

Of course Portugal won't ever investigate Amaral not even when he throws his weight behind the paedophile and rapist suspect in Madeleine's murder suggesting he's a patsy.

What would be the point anyway.  Even were he to be convicted of something, the appeal courts would iron it all out for him.  Can't help but wonder why his appeal against perjury resulting from the torture trial hit the skids when even Cristivao walked away from that one without blemish to his name.

It's far cheaper and easier for the State to throw Amaral to the wolves than be accountable for the systemic failures/corruption within their own justice system which have allowed the likes of Brueckner to commit crimes in Portugal with impunity imo.