Author Topic: Abduction  (Read 17583 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Abduction
« Reply #165 on: January 09, 2018, 09:50:40 PM »
You are sure he is saying? how do you figure that out?
According to the comics one can pull the door shut so unless you have incontrovertible evidence that the locks were modified such that they cannot be pulled into the latch I'll go by what I can see in the comics thank you.
The comics, as you call them, are stationary drawings and don't show you how the parts work in practice.

I'm not an expert on locks, but I would not say it is impossible to modify  a lock so that it "cannot be pulled into the latch". 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 09:57:27 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #166 on: January 09, 2018, 11:13:05 PM »
The comics, as you call them, are stationary drawings and don't show you how the parts work in practice.

1)I'm not an expert on locks, 2)but I would not say it is impossible to modify  a lock so that it "cannot be pulled into the latch".
Taking (1) at face value of what value does that make (2)?
You need to demonstrate it can be be done then show it was done.
Otherwise it is guessing.
The drawings show how the thing works.....

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline sadie

« Reply #167 on: January 09, 2018, 11:59:32 PM »
If they had a key they could close the front door behind them.  And you theorise that they did close the front door rather just leave the door unlocked.
Yep, I do.

It took the eye of the Police off what actually happened IMO

With the open window and shutters it gave two alternative scenarios which I believe were both red herrings
i)  That Madeleine had climbed out of the window and gone under her own steam, so it appeared that there was no abductor to search for!
ii)  That the abductor had enterd via the window nd probably left that way too.

These two scenarios stopped the proper search and gave the abductor plenty of time to get well away IMO.  The Golden Hours vanished.   They also hid who had stolen / borrowed the key from OC, cos the ready thought was that the front door wasn't used, when almost certainly it was IMO

These are only theories but they fit and may be correct.