Author Topic: Operation Grange methodology.  (Read 29394 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Operation Grange methodology.
« Reply #255 on: December 03, 2017, 02:29:06 PM »
March; Decisions of the Supreme Court in the news.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline John

« Reply #256 on: December 03, 2017, 02:33:41 PM »
Some flights still being made out to Portugal it seems,no mention of Belgium.
https://www.met.police.uk/globalassets/foi-media/disclosure_2017/august_2017/information-rights-unit---return-flights-to-portugal-made-by-mps-officers-working-on-operation-grange-in-2017

I fail to see why any more than one officer should travel to Portugal given that they have no police powers the moment they leave British airspace?  Two is unjustified IMO, three is taking the piss.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #257 on: December 03, 2017, 03:20:16 PM »
Some flights still being made out to Portugal it seems,no mention of Belgium.
https://www.met.police.uk/globalassets/foi-media/disclosure_2017/august_2017/information-rights-unit---return-flights-to-portugal-made-by-mps-officers-working-on-operation-grange-in-2017
There are 4 locations in Portugal that might explain this.  I don't think the SC decision has any connection, as they could have waited in Blighty for that.  My 4 potential locations do not include Luz, because as John has pointed out, once in Portugal, OG are restricted to being ordinary citizens.

Here's the 4.
Porto - for the Porto investigation.
Coimbra - for the forensics
Lisbon - for Pedro do Carmo
Faro - for the final countdown.

Pure speculation on my part, but I'm going for Lisbon in March and Faro in May.

Pedro do Carmo appeared on more than one 10th anniversary special.  It makes sense that he was briefed on OG progress (and Porto progress) and lines of enquiry before appearing on these TV specials.  So I am speculating on a March meeting in Lisbon with 3 officers, 2 from the OG team, and 1 at Pedro's rank.

The May journey does not link well with the 10th anniversary.  So I am speculating on a trip to Faro, to meet the PJ, for a discussion about the alleged last line of enquiry.
What's up, old man?

Offline jassi

« Reply #258 on: December 03, 2017, 03:20:20 PM »
I fail to see why any more than one officer should travel to Portugal given that they have no police powers the moment they leave British airspace?  Two is unjustified IMO, three is taking the piss.

Of course we don't know who these officers were, they could have been high ranking ones, rather than 3 plods  having a jolly.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #259 on: December 03, 2017, 05:29:03 PM »
There are 4 locations in Portugal that might explain this.  I don't think the SC decision has any connection, as they could have waited in Blighty for that.  My 4 potential locations do not include Luz, because as John has pointed out, once in Portugal, OG are restricted to being ordinary citizens.

Here's the 4.

Pedro do Carmo appeared on more than one 10th anniversary special.  It makes sense that he was briefed on OG progress (and Porto progress) and lines of enquiry before appearing on these TV specials.  So I am speculating on a March meeting in Lisbon with 3 officers, 2 from the OG team, and 1 at Pedro's rank.

The May journey does not link well with the 10th anniversary.  So I am speculating on a trip to Faro, to meet the PJ, for a discussion about the alleged last line of enquiry.

The Supreme Court judgement changed everything in my opinion. It destroyed the McCann's claim that they were cleared when the first investigation was archived. It was so important that A C Rowley had to try to justify Operation Grange's stance. His efforts would have been wasted if Pedro hadn't said what he said. I think that's what the March visit was for.
Result = happy posting.

Offline barrier

« Reply #260 on: December 03, 2017, 05:39:23 PM »

Here's the 4.

Coimbra for the forensics imo, one of the visits,its the only thing that can keep the investigation alive,again imo.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #261 on: December 11, 2017, 01:46:11 PM »
Operation Grange is overseen by a Gold Group. Such groups can include representatives from various other agencies. Operation Task, for example, was led by the ACC of LC and included representatives from the CPS, FCO and  the Home Office. Policing representatives were from ACPO, CEOP, MPS, MPIA and the SIO.

The debrief of Operation Task, carried out in 2009, says the group developed a strategy. One of their aims was to "secure and preserve evidence which may assist in the investigation of her abduction"
http://library.college.police.uk/docs/npia/Strategic-debrief-operation-task-2009.pdf     (Page 9)

So Operation Task appear to have decided what crime had been committed. I'm not sure what 'securing' evidence means, but it seems they were interested in a specific type of evidence. That which "may assist in the investigation of her abduction"

Given the above, it's hardly surprising that Operation Grange appear to have restricted their investigation to abduction; that opinion was formed as long ago as 2007 in the UK, it seems.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 04:34:29 PM by John »
Result = happy posting.

Offline barrier

« Reply #262 on: December 28, 2017, 10:28:35 AM »
Just found an interesting question and answer in parliament,it regards the investigation of murder of british nationals,but it surely equally applies in this case with Op Task stating there is no jurisdiction for brit police abroad,it also begs the question when did PJ ask for assistance,is it the reason for their reopening after I believe OG was set up.

It is important to recognise that UK police officers can assist in a foreign state’s investigation of crimes committed overseas only with the express invitation of the host Government,

https://hansard.parliament.uk/Commons/2017-01-17/debates/5656F638-DB1A-4510-8706-40C0878B47DB/MurderOfUKNationalsAbroad
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #263 on: December 28, 2017, 08:15:39 PM »
How does the Home office separate OG wages from ordinary policing,DCI Wall is busy doing other things.
Obviously OG is on the back burner for DCI Wall.

Detective Chief Inspector Nicola Wall, from the Homicide and Major Crime Command, is leading the investigation.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5218079/Woman-feared-murdered-Christmas-Eve.html#ixzz52aYn5Yfh

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #264 on: December 28, 2017, 08:19:21 PM »
How does the Home office separate OG wages from ordinary policing,DCI Wall is busy doing other things.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5218079/Woman-feared-murdered-Christmas-Eve.html#ixzz52aYn5Yfh

She may well be involved in several investigations....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #265 on: December 28, 2017, 09:19:07 PM »

It's quite common for professionals such as accountants and solicitors to carry out work for more than one client in a day. In order to bill the clients fairly a diary of time spent is kept. It is then charged to the clients at the rate agreed for that particular person.

In a firms internal accounts wages are often split in a similar manner between projects. DCI Wall's time will be recorded then allocated to whatever cases she's worked on during that period of time. 
Result = happy posting.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #266 on: December 28, 2017, 09:36:59 PM »
It's quite common for professionals such as accountants and solicitors to carry out work for more than one client in a day. In order to bill the clients fairly a diary of time spent is kept. It is then charged to the clients at the rate agreed for that particular person.

In a firms internal accounts wages are often split in a similar manner between projects. DCI Wall's time will be recorded then allocated to whatever cases she's worked on during that period of time.

Always looking for a booking code...
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #267 on: December 28, 2017, 10:27:22 PM »
Always looking for a booking code...

Exactly.  8((()*/  Staff were brought in as required during the life of Operation Grange so a record of time spent must have been kept. The actual costs should then have been compared with the projected costs and necessary adjustments carried forward.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #268 on: December 28, 2017, 10:29:24 PM »

we agree.. I just couldnt be bothered to post something that was so obvious

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #269 on: December 28, 2017, 10:50:23 PM »
we agree.. I just couldnt be bothered to post something that was so obvious

I have given an example of the correct way to track actual costs. Whether Operation Grange use that we don't know. We do know, from the debrief, that Operation Task didn't keep track of it's costs.
Result = happy posting.