Author Topic: Would the libel case had a different result if pecuniary damages weren't sought?  (Read 21165 times)

Offline Angelo222

then you doubt wrong imo...the ECHR will apply the law as it applies to the case in question

As the case is unsolved and as the SC have cast doubt on the parents involvement I doubt the ECHR will want to involve itself. 
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

its defamation pure and simple....I have posted other cases...

Only if untrue...that has still to be determined.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

As the case is unsolved and as the SC have cast doubt on the parents involvement I doubt the ECHR will want to involve itself.

as the case is unsolved thats exactly why the McCanns have such a strong case...aS regards the SC casting doubt...that is absolutely not true...and they haveno right to...you need to read the judgement....have you actually read it

Offline Mr Gray

you dont seem to understand the case I quoted.....your post is 100% wrong

Offline Mr Gray

look at the case on post 43 ....the defendant was never charged....so he was never found not guilty..same as the mcanns...so the ECHR ruled in his favour

Offline faithlilly

you dont seem to understand the case I quoted.....your post is 100% wrong

It’s all academic unless the case is lodged with the ECHR. Do we have any evidence that it has ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline slartibartfast

nowhere in the investigation did it say there was proof maddie died in the apartmernt and the parents staged an abduction

Were you there?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Robittybob1

Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

Were you there?

LOL....i think you need to read the ECHR judgements.....

Offline Mr Gray

It’s all academic unless the case is lodged with the ECHR. Do we have any evidence that it has ?

yes...but you understand what the word evidence means

Offline Mr Gray

If you read the ECHR judgements you will see that the onus is on the defamer to show it is true...what is in question is does amaral ahve the right to accuse the mccanns of the crimes he has....looking at other judgements it would appear he hasnt

Offline Mr Gray

I can’t believe I have to do but

evidence
ˈɛvɪd(ə)ns/Submit
noun
the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.
"the study finds little evidence of overt discrimination"
synonyms:   proof, confirmation, verification, substantiation, corroboration, affirmation, authentication, attestation, documentation;

I think that covers a case number and/ photocopies of papers lodged.

So do you have a case number or paperwork?

No but I have evidence

Offline faithlilly

No but I have evidence

You have nothing. Do you have proof or evidence that a case has been lodged by the McCanns ? A simple yes or no will do.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline slartibartfast

“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline slartibartfast

LOL....i think you need to read the ECHR judgements.....

I think you do. You keep posting stuff about cases where bloggers post defamatory statements. Not people involved.