Author Topic: Moderation queries.  (Read 92477 times)

Online Eleanor

Re: Moderation queries.
« Reply #210 on: November 17, 2019, 10:15:22 AM »
    A mod is an arbitrator,ergo post's are deleted by mods,what is the point of a mod if not an arbitrator.
Are you suggesting that Mods argue the point with Posters?[/list]

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #211 on: April 08, 2020, 06:25:19 PM »
According to Holly, claiming that someone has expressed a view which is offensive or ludicrous amounts to libel and defamation of the person with the offensive or ludicrous views.  Apparently hypocrisy is also now against forum rules.
How utterly ludicrous!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline ISpyWithMyEye

« Reply #212 on: April 08, 2020, 07:36:23 PM »
According to Holly, claiming that someone has expressed a view which is offensive or ludicrous amounts to libel and defamation of the person with the offensive or ludicrous views.  Apparently hypocrisy is also now against forum rules.
How utterly ludicrous!

Quite frankly, Holly’s tyrannical behaviour is driving me away.

She preaches to people demanding they mustn’t say this, say that, but she’s exempt!  She’s always sending warnings, editing posts, removing posts...no wonder so many of the original members have left.

She’s so condescending and patronising, not to mention hypocritical. She tells people they must only posts factual evidence, whilst posting theories herself. Not only that, many of her theories are ridiculous!

I don’t know what her problem is, but I’ve never experienced this on a forum before. She scares people off!
Seeking Justice for June & Nevill Bamber, Sheila Caffell & her two six-year-old twin boys who were shot dead in their heads by Psychopath, JEREMY BAMBER who must NEVER be released.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #213 on: April 09, 2020, 02:22:08 PM »
How utterly ludicrous!

"someone has expressed a view which is offensive or ludicrous amounts to libel and defamation of the person with the offensive or ludicrous views "

Now let me think... where is this happening... erm um...  Oh yes the McCann thread. tsk
Just checked, you never complain about the mods there doing the same thing. Funny that!

"***** preaches to people demanding they mustn’t say this, say that, but she’s exempt!  **** always sending warnings, editing posts, removing posts...no wonder so many of the original members have left. "

Yeah  sounds like the mods at the McCann thread.

We do need mods but we need those who are supporting John and not the cause of anghst among posters.

Simple rule:  challenge the post not insult the poster it seems to workmen other forums.

Some mods have spoiled  the many good debates by being emotional involved due to some kind of 'association' with preps.

Show your independence people!
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #214 on: April 09, 2020, 05:32:35 PM »
"someone has expressed a view which is offensive or ludicrous amounts to libel and defamation of the person with the offensive or ludicrous views "

Now let me think... where is this happening... erm um...  Oh yes the McCann thread. tsk
Just checked, you never complain about the mods there doing the same thing. Funny that!

"***** preaches to people demanding they mustn’t say this, say that, but she’s exempt!  **** always sending warnings, editing posts, removing posts...no wonder so many of the original members have left. "

Yeah  sounds like the mods at the McCann thread.

We do need mods but we need those who are supporting John and not the cause of anghst among posters.

Simple rule:  challenge the post not insult the poster it seems to workmen other forums.

Some mods have spoiled  the many good debates by being emotional involved due to some kind of 'association' with preps.

Show your independence people!
You’ve selectively quoted me and therefore misunderstood completely what I wrote, so once again you live up to your name Miss Taken.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

« Reply #215 on: April 09, 2020, 06:36:07 PM »
You’ve selectively quoted me and therefore misunderstood completely what I wrote, so once again you live up to your name Miss Taken.

No. I am saying it like it is. You have an issue which many of us non McCann supporters experience on the McCann thread. I addressed the issue we both believe we are experiencing- of course if you don't think it is happening on the McCann thread then you are being disingenuous  IMO.

I would add that it may be sour grapes because you are not getting away with what you do on the McCann thread and that could be the crux of it.

I disagree with Holly on many issues- I don't need to call her names, or try sarcasm to snipe. I am sure if I did break forum rules she would deal with me.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #216 on: April 09, 2020, 07:11:16 PM »
No, I’m sorry you do not seem to understand at all.

Holly claims that the act of telling someone you think their views are offensive or ludicrous is LIBELLOUS to the person who you are criticising.  This has NEVER been a rule on the McCann forum, nor have I EVER accused someone of libelling ME for expressing their views about my posts.  Do you understand now??

« Reply #217 on: April 09, 2020, 07:39:49 PM »
No, I’m sorry you do not seem to understand at all.

Holly claims that the act of telling someone you think their views are offensive or ludicrous is LIBELLOUS to the person who you are criticising.  This has NEVER been a rule on the McCann forum, nor have I EVER accused someone of libelling ME for expressing their views about my posts.  Do you understand now??

"the act of telling someone you think their views are offensive or ludicrous is LIBELLOUS "

Well I saw this bit and yes my posts were removed and sanctioned for saying something like:the McCanns are rich and getting on with their lives- in response to a post- not libelous at all. But mods didn't like it. Sounds like the same thing to me.

and both wrong. IMO

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #218 on: April 09, 2020, 08:06:43 PM »

"the act of telling someone you think their views are offensive or ludicrous is LIBELLOUS "

Well I saw this bit and yes my posts were removed and sanctioned for saying something like:the McCanns are rich and getting on with their lives- in response to a post- not libelous at all. But mods didn't like it. Sounds like the same thing to me.

and both wrong. IMO
No it is not the same thing.  I honestly think some people still don’t understand what libel means.  It is not possible to libel an anonymous poster for a start.  It is impossible to ruin their real life reputation or livlihood by writing that their views are offensive or ludicrous.  It’s just an excuse being used by one particular mod who doesn’t like my views and wants to shut me up. IMO.

« Reply #219 on: April 09, 2020, 08:30:06 PM »
No it is not the same thing.  I honestly think some people still don’t understand what libel means.  It is not possible to libel an anonymous poster for a start.  It is impossible to ruin their real life reputation or livlihood by writing that their views are offensive or ludicrous.  It’s just an excuse being used by one particular mod who doesn’t like my views and wants to shut me up. IMO.

" It’s just an excuse being used by one particular mod who doesn’t like my views and wants to shut me up. "

Ditto with me on the McCann thread- I don't believe you never noticed it happening to me and other no  supporters.

But thats ok too.   another bun fight-another day :)

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #220 on: April 09, 2020, 08:35:48 PM »

" It’s just an excuse being used by one particular mod who doesn’t like my views and wants to shut me up. "

Ditto with me on the McCann thread- I don't believe you never noticed it happening to me and other no  supporters.

But thats ok too.   another bun fight-another day :)
I’m fighting my own battle here, you’re welcome to fight your own. 

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #221 on: April 09, 2020, 11:44:01 PM »
I’m fighting my own battle here, you’re welcome to fight your own.

I expect you will be as successful as others have been. The truth is that you have to work round the moderators because they won't work around you. Post within the rules and they can't silence you.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #222 on: April 09, 2020, 11:50:26 PM »
I expect you will be as successful as others have been. The truth is that you have to work round the moderators because they won't work around you. Post within the rules and they can't silence you.
Some of them make the rules up as they go along it seems.  Did you know that exhibiting hypocrisy was against the rules?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #223 on: April 10, 2020, 10:14:57 AM »
Some of them make the rules up as they go along it seems.  Did you know that exhibiting hypocrisy was against the rules?

If your posts are deleted and you feel they broke no rules I recommend appealing.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #224 on: April 10, 2020, 10:23:22 AM »
If your posts are deleted and you feel they broke no rules I recommend appealing.
What are the rules?  They change according to who is modding.  Holly herself has posted libellous material but that’s apparently ok, tell her that her post is offensive however and that’s against forum rules!