Author Topic: Could the Rettendon Two be a potential MoJ.  (Read 166155 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: Could the Rettendon Two be a potential MoJ.
« Reply #165 on: January 20, 2019, 03:19:43 PM »
The following is taken from Judge Hiddens summing up at trial.

Michael Steele's evidence is that he is 55 and has been living with Jacqueline Street as man and wife for a number of years. He said technically he is an engineer by trade. He said he can turn his hand to anything. His strengths include computer aided design and most aspects of engineering, turning and tool making. His work requires a lot of attention to detail and he does such precision work as the making of the model helicopter which you remember seeing, you need not look at now, in Exhibit 260. He designed that from scratch having conceived it on a drawing board.

He turned straight away to the question of his convictions and he said he preferred you to know everything there is and he said he was not a stranger to criminal courts.

Before this court appearance where he now appears at this court he has been before the courts on a number of occasions. He went through them. I will not take you through them all again. They started in 1964 and there was a prison sentence for the second one on 24th March 1964. I will not take through the other four appearances he spoke of in the 1960s. Then he told you about four more appearances between then and 1990. He told you that on 29th June 1990 before Chelmsford Crown Court he was convicted of importation of controlled drugs and was sentenced to 9 years' imprisonment and an order of confiscation made in the sum of nearly £120,000, £119,000 and £150 with 12 months to pay and 3 years' consecutive to that period of 9 years if he did not make the payment.

He told you that in July 1990 he pleaded guilty to a count of importation of controlled drugs. That was 300 kilograms of cannabis resin. He told you about the confiscation order and the prison sentence and he told you about his release date from prison being 3rd June 1993.

So if Steele was in the area on drugs business only and was up-front about this when first spoken with by the police he was potentially looking at a long custodial sentence given his previous and once again losing some or all of his ill-gotten gains.  Coupled with the fact he was putting himself in the frame for murder anyway. 

Steele doesn't seem to fit the profile of someone capable of murder x 3 and Whomes even less so.  And I don't see the motive. 

The CoA doc refers to DC Bird's relationship with Nicholls as a corrupt one.  Bird was charged with conspiracy to supply cannabis and a fellow officer, DS Simpson, was charged with stealing and supplying cannabis but was cleared at trial.

The Sun
http://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13944069
TUESDAY, 14 AUGUST, 2001

COPS PAID TO STAY HOME 5yrs

By IAN HEPBURN, Crime Reporter

A POLICE probe into two suspended officers who have sat at home on full
pay for FIVE years has cost the taxpayer £5MILLION, it was revealed
yesterday.

One, Det Con Wolfgang Bird, has just quit with a £250,000 golden
handshake - to the fury of some fellow officers.

Det Sgt Philip Stimpson is STILL on full pay of £34,000 a year.

The two were suspended when Essex police launched an inquiry in the wake
of a gangland execution of three drugs barons.

It centred on DC Bird's alleged association with a supergrass, the key
witness in the trial of the two killers of underworld heavies Pat Tate,
Tony Tucker and Craig Rolfe.

The December 1995 massacre of the trio in a blood-drenched Range Rover
inspired last year's film Essex Boys, starring Sean Bean.

The Sun has learnt neither officer was
immediately served a vital "Regulation 7" notice - the cops' internal
equivalent of formally cautioning a suspect.

An Essex police source described that as a blunder that has haunted the
taxpayer since, adding: "Tot up the cost of all this and you don't get
much change out of £5million."

DC Bird, 44, was charged with conspiracy to supply cannabis but that was
later dropped.

DS Stimpson, 41, charged with stealing and supplying cannabis, was
cleared after a costly trial at Norwich Crown Court.

But the force refused to reinstate them and began disciplinary action.

DC Bird has picked up £130,000 in pay over five years plus housing
allowance payments of £20,000.

DS Stimpson has received £170,000 plus £20,000 for housing.

The original Operation Apache which targeted them at times involved up
to 20 officers.

Full legal teams prepared and presented cases. When both failed, Chief
Constables from outside forces were called in on full pay to run
disciplinary proceedings.

They were accompanied by other officers and secretarial staff and
invariably stayed in hotels.

And legal teams were again commissioned for the prosecution and defence
at two tribunal hearings.

The source said: "It is outrageous taxpayers are still picking up the
bill for this farce.

"It could have been wrapped up in months if handled properly.

"Nothing has come out in the past five years that was not known at the
very beginning."

At his £80,000 home in the village of Earls Colne, Essex, Mr Bird said
yesterday: "I have resigned and we have reached a settlement. I do not
wish to say anything else."

At his £160,000 four-bedroomed home in Colchester, DS Stimpson would not
comment.

Essex police confirmed DS Stimpson faced another disciplinary hearing
this year, adding: "DC Bird has tendered his resignation. A settlement
has been reached."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I assume someone was taking the p re the Mr Justice S Thinks?!

I think there's a lot more to this case than meets the eye  ?>)()<

Imo Steele/Whomes do not fit the profile of a pair carrying out a gangland style killing either practically ie having the necessary skills and/or psychologically.  Nor was there a motive.

As I said previously I think it involves someone highly trained in terms of firearms with a good forensic knowledge including mobile phone data and phone data in general eg from call boxes etc.   

If we have corrupt police officers involved how do we know they were only dealing cannabis and not class A? Did the murdered trio have some dirt on someone?  Was someone being blackmailed.  I'm not necessarily suggesting the aforementioned officers were directly involved but imo there's something untoward here.  8(0(*   I'll tell you why I think so later when I return from the daily run. 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #166 on: January 20, 2019, 03:25:27 PM »
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/uk.legal/2KNDSOTV1FI

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Crim/2006/195.html

The emergence of Nicholls' account

In January 1996 Nicholls became a police informant. His handler was Detective Constable Bird. Their relationship was a corrupt one. We mention it at this stage because in the course of it Nicholls began to impart information about the drug trafficking of Steele, Whomes and others. In February Operation Century began. It was a police operation centred on suspects in respect of the Rettenden murders, including the appellants. There was also an investigation into the activities of Detective Constable Bird.

Just to reiterate again to anyone who might read this the DC Bird above is not the same DC Bird who worked on JB's case.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #167 on: January 20, 2019, 09:45:19 PM »
We know for sure Nicholls was a police informant and the relationship he had with DC Bird was a corrupt one.  Although the case against Bird collapsed there was much evidence he was dealing in cannabis.  Did it stop there?  Was he involved with other drugs/class A and/or other crimes?  Were others involved?  Higher ranking officers? Crime bosses?  And/or did Nicholls and/or others have corrupt relationships with other officers?  Tate was very good friends with former police officer Barry Dorman who was also putting in money for drug deals.  Someone was about to be exposed or threats were being made to expose and/or the likes of Tate were becoming too much of a liability.

I believe corrupt police officer(s) were responsible for the murders.  It's the only scenario that explains everything:

- It appears the murdered trio knew and trusted their assailant(s).  Tate and Tucker with phones in hand and Rolfe with his hands on the steering wheel and foot on brake.  They were found unarmed.  If they were working with corrupt officers they would never think they would turn a gun on them.

- The shootings have all the hallmarks of a marksperson who was well trained and capable of carrying out a successful attack ambush style.

- No forensic evidence left at soc.

- Identified location where sound of gunshot would not be out of place.

- The tel evidence in the following gives it away imo along with the geography:

The telephone evidence

At trial the prosecution adduced detailed evidence of telephone calls to and from land lines and mobile phones which belonged to Nicholls, Steele, Whomes, Tate and his associates. The telephone companies provided details as to the time and duration of calls. In addition, this was one of the first cases in which the position of the makers and recipients of mobile phone calls was identified by the location of the cell sites through which the phones had sent or received the call. There was a great deal of factual and expert evidence on this subject at the trial. We shall have to return to it later as it gave rise to one of the bases upon which the Criminal Cases Review Commission referred the matter to this Court. At the moment it is sufficient to summarise some of what it established. It included telephone contact between Nicholls and Steele on 6 December while Nicholls was still in the Sunbury area in the middle of the day. It also established contact between Steele's mobile phone and that of Whomes at 14.11. Around 14.30 there were calls from a telephone kiosk near a public house close to where Whomes was working. Two of the calls were to the mobile phone of Tucker and one (a missed call) was to the mobile phone of Tate.  At 14.32 there was a call to a telephone kiosk in Basildon, close to where Tate lived. About 20 minutes later there was a call from the same telephone kiosk to Nicholls' mobile phone. There was other telephone contact between Nicholls and Steele, and Steele and Whomes in the course of the afternoon. At 17.03 a call was made from a telephone kiosk near The Halfway House public house on the A127 to Tate's mobile phone. Whomes telephoned Steele via the mobile phones at 17.12. At 18.03 and 18.09 calls were recorded between Steele's mobile phone and that of Whomes. At 18.44 there was a call of almost 4 minutes duration from an address in Basildon where Sarah Saunders was and the mobile phone of Tate. The case for the prosecution was that it was the call overheard by Steele as described by Nicholls at a time when Steele and Tate were in or near the Range Rover in the farm track at Rettenden. That call ended at about 18.48. At 18.59 two short calls were made from Whomes' mobile phone to that of Nicholls. The case for the prosecution was that they, or one of them (they lasted one and four seconds respectively) included the 'pick-up' call. Although there was no medical or scientific evidence as to the time of death of the three deceased, the case for the prosecution was that the murders took place between 18.48 and 18.59 and that the telephone evidence supported this. It is a fact that the mobile phones of the deceased men did not make or receive effective calls after that time. Although their bodies were not found until the following day, they had been expected home before 20.00hrs because they had social engagements. Both Tate and Tucker died with their mobile phones in their hands.

The murders were obviously premeditated and I think the plan all along was to implicate Steele/Whomes.  Were Steele/Whomes aware of Nicholls relationship with at least one corrupt officer?  Was Nicholls feeding info back to Steele/Whomes enabling Steele to avoid detection when landing on the coast in his boat?  Those who Nicholls was informing were obviously one step ahead knowing who was up to what, where, where and how etc.

The calls from the phone boxes, highlighted above, lend support to my theory:

- Around 14.30pm 2 calls were made from a telephone box near a pub close to where Whomes was working.  Two calls to Tucker's mobile and one to Tate's which was missed.  At the time Whomes was working in a place called Clayden off the A14 towards Stowmarket which is miles from other areas associated with the murdered trio.  The impression here is that Whomes was in contact with Tate and Tucker via a call box to avoid leaving an audit trail.  Afaik Whomes didn't even know Tucker and in any event Steele did all the arranging.

- At 14.32 there was a telephone call to kiosk in Basildon near to where Tate lived.  Proabably one police officer phoning another in an attempt to establish Tate's whereabouts.

- About 20 minutes later there was a call from the same phone box to Nicholls - the supergrass/informant in contact with his handler.

- At 17.03 a call was made from a phone box near the Halfway House on the A127 to Tate's mobile. 

- Sarah Saunders said during her police interviews when she last spoke with Tate on his mobile just before it was thought he was murdered he said 'I'm with some people' and she said had he been with Steele he would have said 'I'm with Mick' who was known to both of them. 

We know for sure all these calls from phone boxes cannot have been made by Steele/Whomes since mobile phone evidence puts them elsewhere.  Other criminals who may have had reason to want to murder the trio would not be bothered attempting to implicate others.  Someone was phoning members of both gangs via phone boxes:

Tate and Tucker from the Rolfe, Tate and Tucker gang

And

Nicholls from the Nicholls, Steele and Whomes gang

I think the someone was 1 or more corrupt officers who were able to orchestrate the whole thing ie get everyone in situ to murder Rolfe, Tate and Tucker and lay the blame on Steele and Whomes.

I don't think Steele/Whomes were in the frame early on.  If they were why did police officers investigate Leah Betts father, Paul Betts.  And why didn't the investigation throw up any cctv footage of cars Steele and Whomes were known to have access to including Nicholls?

Corrupt police officers would know which roads/pubs to use/quote to avoid detection ie lack of cctv footage.

To resort to murder I think the corrupt officers were up to their necks in it and I think Tate/Tucker were also working with the same officers Nicholls was working with.  Remember Tate and Nicholls were pals who met in Hollesley Bay prison.  I believe Tate started using heroin whilst at HB.  Were corrupt officers supplying prison guards? 

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #168 on: January 20, 2019, 09:53:07 PM »
Bearing in mind also the accounts from Donna Jagger and Nicholls are an hour out in terms of placing Whomes/Steele and the murdered trio at soc. 

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #169 on: January 20, 2019, 11:06:22 PM »
I was looking to see whether corrupt police officers Bird and Stimpson were firearms trained.  The following link is down but the search shows the following which may or may not be referring to them in terms of firearms:

"Two Firearms cops had their gun licences revoked because of ' aggressive ...... DETECTIVE SERGEANT PHILIP STIMPSON and DETECTIVE CONSTABLE ..."

http://www.bentlawyersandcops.com/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi

Offline Myster

« Reply #170 on: January 21, 2019, 08:02:09 AM »
I was looking to see whether corrupt police officers Bird and Stimpson were firearms trained.  The following link is down but the search shows the following which may or may not be referring to them in terms of firearms:

"Two Firearms cops had their gun licences revoked because of ' aggressive ...... DETECTIVE SERGEANT PHILIP STIMPSON and DETECTIVE CONSTABLE ..."

http://www.bentlawyersandcops.com/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi
The first part of the sentence might refer to different officers -

ELITE CRIME SQUAD OFFICERS are under investigation after a brawl in the bar of the Regent in Chelmsford, where they were holding a party. It started after a National Crime Squad Detective abused a girl in the cloakroom and began fighting with security at the hotel. The other officers, all much the worse for heavy drinking piled in and a huge fight followed. One senior officer of twenty years experience told the Essex tactical support unit to get lost when they were called to intervene. 40 officers were involved including a Chief Inspector and Two Superintendents. Two Firearms cops had their gun licences revoked because of 'aggressive behaviour shown in the fracas’.

The second part to another incident  -

' Drug dealing Detectives appear in court ' DETECTIVE SERGEANT PHILIP STIMPSON and DETECTIVE CONSTABLE WOLFGANG BIRD
appeared before the court charged with intent to supply drugs, and also conspiracy to supply cannabis and defraud a shop out of �23,400.
They were both remanded in custody by magistrates at Southend. Both cops worked at the Braintree CID in Essex -- and have 31 years of police service between them?

It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline sika

« Reply #171 on: January 21, 2019, 08:14:09 AM »
??/??/?? - INDICTMENT OF WOLFGANG FORREST BIRD (1)

INDICTMENT
IN THE CROWN COURT AT LEWES
THE QUEEN -v- WOLFGANG FORREST BIRD

WOLFGANG FORREST BIRD is charged as follows:-

COUNT ONE
STATEMENT OF OFFENCE
OBTAINING SERVICES BY DECEPTION, contrary to Section 1(1) of the Theft Act 1978.

PARTICULARS OF OFFENCE
WOLFGANG FORREST BIRD on a day between the 1st day of February 1993 and the 28th day of February 1993 dishonestly obtained services from Essex County Council, namely an assisted car purchase scheme loan, by deception, namely by falsely representing that the vehicle, Ford Sapphire GLX, index G780 DOO, was to be purchased for £4995, when the true cost was £3250.

COUNT TWO
STATEMENT OF OFFENCE
FURNISHING FALSE INFORMATION contrary to Section 17(1) (b) of the Theft Act 1968.

PARTICULARS OF OFFENCE
WOLFGANG FORREST BIRD on a day between the 1st day of February 1993 and the 28th day of February 1993 dishonestly with a view to gain for himself or another or with intent to cause loss to another in furnishing information for a car loan application produced or made use of a document made or required for an accounting purpose, namely a used vehicle trade sale document for £4995, which to his knowledge was or may have been misleading, false or deceptive in a material particular, in that it purported to show that a vehicle, Ford Sapphire GLX, index G780 DOO, was to be purchased for £4995.

Offline sika

« Reply #172 on: January 21, 2019, 08:15:39 AM »
??/??/?? - INDICTMENT OF WOLFGANG FORREST BIRD (2)

INDICTMENT
IN THE CROWN COURT AT LEWES
THE QUEEN -v- WOLFGANG FORREST BIRD

WOLFGANG FORREST BIRD is charged as follows:-

STATEMENT OF OFFENCE
THEFT contrary to Section 1(1) of the Theft Act 1968.

PARTICULARS OF OFFENCE
WOLFGANG FORREST BIRD on a day between the 19th day of September 1994 and the 19th day of July 1996 stole an ornamental street lamp of a value of approximately £200 belonging to Essex Police.

Offline sika

« Reply #173 on: January 21, 2019, 08:16:56 AM »
??/??/?? - INDICTMENT OF PHILIP RONALD STIMPSON

INDICTMENT
IN THE CROWN COURT AT NORWICH
THE QUEEN -v- PHILIP RONALD STIMPSON
PHILIP RONALD STIMPSON is charged as follows:-

COUNT ONE
STATEMENT OF OFFENCE
THEFT, contrary to Section 1(1) of the Theft Act 1968

PARTICULARS OF OFFENCE
PHILIP RONALD STIMPSON on a day between the 27th day of September 1995 and the 1st day of February 1996, stole a controlled drug of Class B, namely herbal cannabis, belonging to Essex Police.

COUNT TWO
STATEMENT OF OFFENCE
SUPPLYING A CONTROLLED DRUG OF CLASS B TO ANOTHER, contrary to Section 4 (3) (a) of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971

PARTICULARS OF OFFENCE
PHILIP RONALD STIMPSON on a day between the 27th day of September 1995 and the 1st day of February 1996, supplied a controlled drug of Class B, namely herbal cannabis, to Louis Murray Wilkie Straiton, in contravention of Section 4(1) of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971.

COUNT THREE
STATEMENT OF OFFENCE
SUPPLYING A CONTROLLED DRUG OF CLASS B TO ANOTHER, contrary to Section 4(3) (a) of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971

PARTICULARS OF OFFENCE
PHILIP RONALD STIMPSON on a day on or about the 1st day of March 1996, supplied a controlled drug of Class B, namely cannabis resin, to Philip John Morley, in contravention of Section 4(1) of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971.

Offline sika

« Reply #174 on: January 21, 2019, 08:20:35 AM »
??/??/?? - INDICTMENT OF PHILIP RONALD STIMPSON

INDICTMENT
IN THE CROWN COURT AT NORWICH
THE QUEEN -v- PHILIP RONALD STIMPSON
PHILIP RONALD STIMPSON is charged as follows:-

COUNT ONE
STATEMENT OF OFFENCE
THEFT, contrary to Section 1(1) of the Theft Act 1968

PARTICULARS OF OFFENCE
PHILIP RONALD STIMPSON on a day between the 27th day of September 1995 and the 1st day of February 1996, stole a controlled drug of Class B, namely herbal cannabis, belonging to Essex Police.

COUNT TWO
STATEMENT OF OFFENCE
SUPPLYING A CONTROLLED DRUG OF CLASS B TO ANOTHER, contrary to Section 4 (3) (a) of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971

PARTICULARS OF OFFENCE
PHILIP RONALD STIMPSON on a day between the 27th day of September

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #175 on: January 22, 2019, 10:47:05 AM »
The first part of the sentence might refer to different officers -

ELITE CRIME SQUAD OFFICERS are under investigation after a brawl in the bar of the Regent in Chelmsford, where they were holding a party. It started after a National Crime Squad Detective abused a girl in the cloakroom and began fighting with security at the hotel. The other officers, all much the worse for heavy drinking piled in and a huge fight followed. One senior officer of twenty years experience told the Essex tactical support unit to get lost when they were called to intervene. 40 officers were involved including a Chief Inspector and Two Superintendents. Two Firearms cops had their gun licences revoked because of 'aggressive behaviour shown in the fracas’.

The second part to another incident  -

' Drug dealing Detectives appear in court ' DETECTIVE SERGEANT PHILIP STIMPSON and DETECTIVE CONSTABLE WOLFGANG BIRD
appeared before the court charged with intent to supply drugs, and also conspiracy to supply cannabis and defraud a shop out of �23,400.
They were both remanded in custody by magistrates at Southend. Both cops worked at the Braintree CID in Essex -- and have 31 years of police service between them?

Stimpson was 36 and Bird 39 at the time they were investigated so if they had 31 years police service between them, and assuming they joined at 18 yoa, they must have done something prior to joining as this leaves some 8 years unaccounted for?  Military?

There's much evidence of criminality including dealing cannabis, albeit it appears the cases against them collapsed  (perhaps no surprises there) and for sure Bird was exchanging info with at least one criminal ie Nicholls.  Was this the full extent of it?  Would they personally turn their hands to murder in an attempt to save their livelihoods and reputations?  And/or did they assist others who carried out the murders other officers or more likely criminals (and those associated with them) who were much higher up the chain than the likes of Rolfe, Tait, Tucker, Nicholls, Steele and Whomes? 
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 10:49:06 AM by Holly Goodhead »

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #176 on: January 22, 2019, 11:23:09 AM »
Is this just a coincidence or could it be connected?

Peter Corry (part of the Nicholls, Steele, Whomes gang) along with the aforementioned were arrested on 13th May '96:

On 13 May 1996 Nicholls, Steele, Whomes and Corry were arrested. Shortly after his arrest, Nicholls asked to speak to Detective Constable Bird but his request was refused. Detective Constable Bird had also been arrested. When first interviewed by Detective Constables Brown and Winstone on the evening of 13 May and the afternoon of 14 May in the presence of a duty solicitor Nicholls made no comment. However, on the evening of 14 May Nicholls asked to speak to a senior officer and he was then seen by Detective Superintendent Barrington. It was confirmed to him that Detective Constable Bird was in custody. Nicholls indicated his willingness to talk about "drugs jobs" and said that "other more serious things would be disclosed". He asked about protection in and out of prison. He said that he would be giving information about the illegal activities of police officers but that he had not said anything so far to Detective Constables Brown and Winstone because he did not know if he could trust them. Detective Superintendent Barrington assured him that they were trustworthy. He also told Nicholls that he would have to accept responsibility for whatever he had done and would have to accept any sentence eventually passed upon him. Late on the night of 14 May there began a series of interviews between Detective Constables Brown and Winstone and Nicholls.

The day after Nicholl's revelations an associate of Tait's by the name of John Marshall goes missing and is found a few days later dead in the back of his Range Rover shot twice: head and chest.  He was last seen in Pitsea around midday.  He was then due in Kent and back in Pitsea for 3pm.  According to the reconstruction the last sighting of John Marshall/Range Rover was leaving a salvage yard at Pitsea he was then going on to Kent.  This would surely take him over the Dartford crossing and yet no cctv?  The Dartford crossing always has a police presence and lots of cctv.  Exactly the same as the Rettendon murder case no cctv of the vehicles used other than cctv of Rolfe's Range Rover leaving Lakeside which may have been the property of the shopping centre as opposed to highways. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7Y5T2UI4gA

This is well dodgy  ?>)()<

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #177 on: January 22, 2019, 11:44:46 AM »
Apparently John Marshall sold a car to Kenneth Noye with false papers and it was thought Noye might have been behind the murder following the murder of Stephen Cameron.  But this can't be so as Stephen Cameron was murdered on 19th May 1996 and John Marshall went missing on 15th May 1996.  In any event what would be the point in Noye hitting on Marshall in an attempt to silence him over a vehicle only to involve others and murder?

Maybe Noye is in some way involved with Rettendon murders/bent Essex cops/Nicholls revelations and the murder of John Marshall and this is the reason he lost his rag with Stephen Cameron.  Maybe the reason he fled the country wasn't just over the murder of Stephen Cameron but Nicholls spilling the beans about the activities of bent Essex cops which if they were unable to contain would end up implicating him!   ?>)()<

Offline sika

« Reply #178 on: January 22, 2019, 12:02:26 PM »
Apparently John Marshall sold a car to Kenneth Noye with false papers and it was thought Noye might have been behind the murder following the murder of Stephen Cameron.  But this can't be so as Stephen Cameron was murdered on 19th May 1996 and John Marshall went missing on 15th May 1996.  In any event what would be the point in Noye hitting on Marshall in an attempt to silence him over a vehicle only to involve others and murder?

Maybe Noye is in some way involved with Rettendon murders/bent Essex cops/Nicholls revelations and the murder of John Marshall and this is the reason he lost his rag with Stephen Cameron.  Maybe the reason he fled the country wasn't just over the murder of Stephen Cameron but Nicholls spilling the beans about the activities of bent Essex cops which if they were unable to contain would end up implicating him!   ?>)()<
I'm not aware of the nature of the association between Marshall and any of those involved in the Rettendon case, or even if there was any. 

Holly, the point you make about cctv is an interesting one.  How prevelent was cctv, back in the mid nineties?  If for instance, cameras were installed at the Dartford crossing, how long would the tapes have been kept for? 

Offline sika

« Reply #179 on: January 22, 2019, 12:17:40 PM »
So if Steele was in the area on drugs business only and was up-front about this when first spoken with by the police he was potentially looking at a long custodial sentence given his previous and once again losing some or all of his ill-gotten gains.  Coupled with the fact he was putting himself in the frame for murder anyway. 

Steele doesn't seem to fit the profile of someone capable of murder x 3 and Whomes even less so.  And I don't see the motive. 

The CoA doc refers to DC Bird's relationship with Nicholls as a corrupt one.  Bird was charged with conspiracy to supply cannabis and a fellow officer, DS Simpson, was charged with stealing and supplying cannabis but was cleared at trial.

The Sun
http://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13944069
TUESDAY, 14 AUGUST, 2001

COPS PAID TO STAY HOME 5yrs

By IAN HEPBURN, Crime Reporter

A POLICE probe into two suspended officers who have sat at home on full
pay for FIVE years has cost the taxpayer £5MILLION, it was revealed
yesterday.

One, Det Con Wolfgang Bird, has just quit with a £250,000 golden
handshake - to the fury of some fellow officers.

Det Sgt Philip Stimpson is STILL on full pay of £34,000 a year.

The two were suspended when Essex police launched an inquiry in the wake
of a gangland execution of three drugs barons.

It centred on DC Bird's alleged association with a supergrass, the key
witness in the trial of the two killers of underworld heavies Pat Tate,
Tony Tucker and Craig Rolfe.

The December 1995 massacre of the trio in a blood-drenched Range Rover
inspired last year's film Essex Boys, starring Sean Bean.

The Sun has learnt neither officer was
immediately served a vital "Regulation 7" notice - the cops' internal
equivalent of formally cautioning a suspect.

An Essex police source described that as a blunder that has haunted the
taxpayer since, adding: "Tot up the cost of all this and you don't get
much change out of £5million."

DC Bird, 44, was charged with conspiracy to supply cannabis but that was
later dropped.

DS Stimpson, 41, charged with stealing and supplying cannabis, was
cleared after a costly trial at Norwich Crown Court.

But the force refused to reinstate them and began disciplinary action.

DC Bird has picked up £130,000 in pay over five years plus housing
allowance payments of £20,000.

DS Stimpson has received £170,000 plus £20,000 for housing.

The original Operation Apache which targeted them at times involved up
to 20 officers.

Full legal teams prepared and presented cases. When both failed, Chief
Constables from outside forces were called in on full pay to run
disciplinary proceedings.

They were accompanied by other officers and secretarial staff and
invariably stayed in hotels.

And legal teams were again commissioned for the prosecution and defence
at two tribunal hearings.

The source said: "It is outrageous taxpayers are still picking up the
bill for this farce.

"It could have been wrapped up in months if handled properly.

"Nothing has come out in the past five years that was not known at the
very beginning."

At his £80,000 home in the village of Earls Colne, Essex, Mr Bird said
yesterday: "I have resigned and we have reached a settlement. I do not
wish to say anything else."

At his £160,000 four-bedroomed home in Colchester, DS Stimpson would not
comment.

Essex police confirmed DS Stimpson faced another disciplinary hearing
this year, adding: "DC Bird has tendered his resignation. A settlement
has been reached."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I assume someone was taking the p re the Mr Justice S Thinks?!

I think there's a lot more to this case than meets the eye  ?>)()<

Imo Steele/Whomes do not fit the profile of a pair carrying out a gangland style killing either practically ie having the necessary skills and/or psychologically.  Nor was there a motive.

As I said previously I think it involves someone highly trained in terms of firearms with a good forensic knowledge including mobile phone data and phone data in general eg from call boxes etc.   

If we have corrupt police officers involved how do we know they were only dealing cannabis and not class A? Did the murdered trio have some dirt on someone?  Was someone being blackmailed.  I'm not necessarily suggesting the aforementioned officers were directly involved but imo there's something untoward here.  8(0(*   I'll tell you why I think so later when I return from the daily run.
According to evidence given by Saunders and Nicholls, Steele had been warned about a threat on his life by Tate as a result of the dodgy consignment of cannabis.  If true, there is your motive. 

Although found not guilty on the firearms charge, a shotgun (albeit, not the one used in the murders) was found at Steeles property. 

Interestingly, Steeles evidence at trial was that it was Nicholls life that had been threatened.  This threat had come from Tate after he had been supplied dodgy cannabis by Nicholls.  Steele claimed that he was acting as an intermediary.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 01:18:16 PM by sika »