Author Topic: Home Office pull the plug on Maddie funding.  (Read 9288 times)

Offline Sunny

Re: Home Office pull the plug on Maddie funding.
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2018, 09:54:46 AM »
So if there is still information being actively followed on Madeleine's behalf do you think it appropriate to apparently victimise her further by pulling the plug on the the money the Home Office is able to allocate to her case?

Do you know whether there is anything that the police can actively do? They have now spent £millions and years getting precisely nowhere it would seem (at least to me).
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2018, 09:56:11 AM »
What is interesting to get back on topic is the blog on the HO site, it makes no mention of a search,only the operation concerning the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Indeed. they are not searching for MBM.  they are only concerned with an investigation. AND it looks like they have investigated and came up with.....well  no evidence of anything to charge anyone with anything.

SO go back 11 years and 12 million quid and  what do we have? no evidence of anything to charge anyone with anything.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 09:27:25 PM by John »
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline barrier

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2018, 09:57:12 AM »
So if there is still information being actively followed on Madeleine's behalf do you think it appropriate to apparently victimise her further by pulling the plug on the the money the Home Office is able to allocate to her case?

That's just it,its not known if there is information.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2018, 10:01:55 AM »

There waa an active search up until the time of the digs in 2014,by the Autumn of 2015 the manpower tasked to OG was massively reduced from upward of 30 to just 4,obviously funding was cut then,its hard to see just what searching is  taking place now.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2018, 10:03:40 AM »
What is interesting to get back on topic is the blog on the HO site, it makes no mention of a search,only the operation concerning the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

What does one do concerning the disappearance of a missing child?  Doesn't one look for her?  Which in my opinion is precisely what Scotland Yard have been doing since they opened Madeleine's case in 2013.

If the police have asked for more money and been denied it do you think there is some interdepartmental wrangling about financing going on to the detriment of a missing child whose case is still an active one?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 09:27:37 PM by John »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline xtina

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2018, 10:06:15 AM »
Indeed. they are not searching for MBM.  they are only concerned with an investigation. AND it looks like they have investigated and came up with.....well  no evidence of anything to charge anyone with anything.

SO go back 11 years and 12 million quid and  what do we have? no evidence of anything to charge anyone with anything.

So if funding has now finally stopped let's see what mccs do ....with there own money....

Now it seems SY have found nothing....back to the start where PJ shelved the case....

One of the reasons mccs being uncooperative   ....in my opinion....
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline xtina

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2018, 11:40:43 AM »
How long did The PJ expect to have?  The first few months with Amaral in charge found nothing to implicate The McCanns.

No, because he wasn't given the chance.....

SY have found nothing ...have they....to say maddie was abducted...dead end..

They have had over five years...and 12 million at there disposal...

At least GA had a brain ...wasn't frightened of the mccs ....or anyone else ...

Spoke his mind ...a policeman's mind ...not pussyfooting like SY.... in my opinion....

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2018, 11:52:17 AM »
No, because he wasn't given the chance.....

SY have found nothing ...have they....to say maddie was abducted...dead end..

They have had over five years...and 12 million at there disposal...

At least GA had a brain ...wasn't frightened of the mccs ....or anyone else ...

Spoke his mind ...a policeman's mind ...not pussyfooting like SY.... in my opinion....

So how long did he want?

Offline barrier

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2018, 11:57:13 AM »
How long did The PJ expect to have?  The first few months with Amaral in charge found nothing to implicate The McCanns.

£12 million and 7 yrs and still SY can't come up with any thing which resembles Amaral was on the wrong track imo of course,(although its seems as if qualifying a post with  imo has fallen by the way side).

Offline xtina

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2018, 12:06:58 PM »
So how long did he want?

More time than he had.....he was in the prosses of having smiths flown over.....

How long do SY want ...is more the question ...

How much more money...do they want ..to throw at nothing...

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2018, 06:01:57 PM »
The "if" and the question mark "?" gave me a huge clue.  Are you being disingenuous, or did you miss it?

Not sure the point you are making Brietta. Are you just asking questions for the sake of it ? I don’t believe OG is ending, although I do think that this is the end of one phase.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Sunny

« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2018, 06:10:21 PM »
I have found an interesting FOI answer by the Metropolitan Police

2. For each subsequent request for funds please state:

(a) The date on which application for was made for further funding=

This is not held by the MPS.  We do not apply for funding, money is allocated by the Home Office.

https://www.met.police.uk/SysSiteAssets/foi-media/metropolitan-police/disclosure_2016/september_2016/information-rights-unit---funding-for-operation-grange

So do the Metropolitan Police apply for funding or not?  The Home Office thinks they do.

We have received and are considering a request from the MPS to extend funding for Operation Grange until the end of March 2019.

https://homeofficemedia.blog.gov.uk/2018/09/25/home-office-in-the-media/
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2018, 11:01:36 PM »
The Portuguese media seem to think OG has died with a whimper rather than a bang.

Operation Grange - the controversial British police investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann - has reached the ‘official closure’ of its funding.

At least this is the version of reports circulating in Portugal this week.
http://portugalresident.com/plug-pulled-on-maddie-funding

LOL.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2018, 11:15:58 PM »
Seems all those Team McCann stories planted in the press and Gerry’s appearance on Radio 4 paid off then eh?  After all, asn’t the winding down of Operation Grange considered to be behind the recent flurry of media activity?  LOL again.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline John

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2018, 01:44:47 AM »
Seems all those Team McCann stories planted in the press and Gerry’s appearance on Radio 4 paid off then eh?  After all, asn’t the winding down of Operation Grange considered to be behind the recent flurry of media activity?  LOL again.

The press stories have little to do with finding Madeleine but everything to do with the McCann's ego imo.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 07:35:40 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.