Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 536870 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #4050 on: February 11, 2021, 06:13:31 PM »
It could well be for Amaral.

The ECHR judgement, if it ever gets to that, has nothing to do with Amaral.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4051 on: February 11, 2021, 06:14:45 PM »

He is going to look like a right pillock though, isn't he.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4052 on: February 11, 2021, 06:18:06 PM »
Then why do the McCanns think a favourable outcome in the ECHR will save them paying over a million euro damages and interest to Amaral?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4053 on: February 11, 2021, 06:18:12 PM »
As I have already stated, Amaral asked The PJ for permission to publish his book while still working for them.  They refused, so he had to retire in order to cash in on the case.

What should he have done? He had no fund to pay for defamation litigation. Should he just have sat back and let every British tabloid libel him? Would you?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4054 on: February 11, 2021, 06:19:08 PM »
Then why do the McCanns think a favourable outcome in the ECHR will save them paying over a million euro damages and interest to Amaral?

who says the McCanns think that...why would the mcCanns owe amarl that sort of money

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4055 on: February 11, 2021, 06:21:09 PM »
What should he have done? He had no fund to pay for defamation litigation. Should he just have sat back and let every British tabloid libel him? Would you?

He hasnt sued the tabloids...he has sat back and let them libel him

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4056 on: February 11, 2021, 06:22:13 PM »
He is going to look like a right pillock though, isn't he.

To who?

Offline jassi

« Reply #4057 on: February 11, 2021, 06:23:00 PM »

That's the tabloids saying that and we all know how accurate they are over this sort of thing.  Fake news
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4058 on: February 11, 2021, 06:23:48 PM »
Massive LOL
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4059 on: February 11, 2021, 06:26:32 PM »
He hasnt sued the tabloids...he has sat back and let them libel him

I’m sure he thought the money he’s made from his book could be put to better use.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4060 on: February 11, 2021, 06:27:03 PM »
who says the McCanns think that...why would the mcCanns owe amarl that sort of money
Go back to the article that started this debate,   https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13975731/madeleine-mccann-parents-silence-ex-cop-setback/

"If they lose their right to appeal they will be ordered to pay Goncalo Amaral’s court costs and possible damages which could wipe out the entire Find Maddie Fund."
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4061 on: February 11, 2021, 06:28:43 PM »
I’m sure he thought the money he’s made from his book could be put to better use.

Im sure he realsises he has no case...truth being the ultimate defence for alleged libel. I havent seen any accusation against him in the press that doesnt have such a defence.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4062 on: February 11, 2021, 06:30:27 PM »
Go back to the article that started this debate,   https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13975731/madeleine-mccann-parents-silence-ex-cop-setback/

"If they lose their right to appeal they will be ordered to pay Goncalo Amaral’s court costs and possible damages which could wipe out the entire Find Maddie Fund."

thats the sun...not the McCanns.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4063 on: February 11, 2021, 06:35:49 PM »
Im sure he realsises he has no case...truth being the ultimate defence for alleged libel. I havent seen any accusation against him in the press that doesnt have such a defence.

Amaral told his truth. That’s the end for him.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4064 on: February 11, 2021, 06:38:00 PM »
thats the sun...not the McCanns.
Do the McCanns have a paper?
Moderation