Author Topic: Can we judge a person's character by their stance on the case?  (Read 42302 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Can we judge a person's character by their stance on the case?
« Reply #600 on: August 08, 2019, 01:05:08 PM »
Davel - How do patients in the UK give consent then?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #601 on: August 08, 2019, 01:08:47 PM »
Davel - How do patients in the UK give consent then?

they sign a consent form. Usually the surgeon will also go through the contra indications as well. The point im making is that although the patient might sign the form they can say at a later time they did not fully understand what they were signing

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #602 on: August 08, 2019, 03:21:58 PM »

They stand in front of a medical team -stick out their tongue - hold up their hand  showing a palm and a say these words.  "I hope to god I don't die- If I do it is my own fault" they sign a parchment paper in their own blood. all very legal and proper like.

OR

Mibeez they don't!   

I think that Spanish post was for entrtainment only.

Back on track: the charachter assassination of Brenda Layland by supporters is evidence of unbalanced rehtoric as they were not so quick to judge  fellow supporter-a known paedophile- who so involved himself in charachter assassination of sceptics...

To me that speaks volumes of a persons character!

And yours, it could be said.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #603 on: August 08, 2019, 03:35:36 PM »

They stand in front of a medical team -stick out their tongue - hold up their hand  showing a palm and a say these words.  "I hope to god I don't die- If I do it is my own fault" they sign a parchment paper in their own blood. all very legal and proper like.

OR

Mibeez they don't!   

I think that Spanish post was for entrtainment only.

Back on track: the charachter assassination of Brenda Layland by supporters is evidence of unbalanced rehtoric as they were not so quick to judge  fellow supporter-a known paedophile- who so involved himself in charachter assassination of sceptics...

To me that speaks volumes of a persons character!

Double standards. No objectivity. Bias. It's all there.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #604 on: August 08, 2019, 03:39:41 PM »
Double standards. No objectivity. Bias. It's all there.

Whats the point in raising the Brenda Leyland topic again

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #605 on: August 08, 2019, 03:48:28 PM »
they sign a consent form. Usually the surgeon will also go through the contra indications as well. The point im making is that although the patient might sign the form they can say at a later time they did not fully understand what they were signing

They can say anything they like. If they want recompense they have to sue for medical malpractice. To win the case they have to prove that the doctor didn't fully inform them. That is why letters are sent to patients setting out what they need to know, to cover the doctors backs.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 08:52:05 PM by Robittybob1 »
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #606 on: August 08, 2019, 04:00:33 PM »
They can say anything they like. If they want recompense they have to sue for medical malpractice. To ein the case they have to prove that the doctor didn't fully inform them.Thats why letters are sent to patienrs setting out what they need to know, to cover the doctors backs.

And the signature on the consent form does not confirm the patient has read and understood...

Offline jassi

« Reply #607 on: August 08, 2019, 04:03:04 PM »
What then does it confirm? I presume there is a purpose for getting a signature
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 04:17:23 PM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #608 on: August 08, 2019, 04:10:17 PM »
And the signature on the consent form does not confirm the patient has read and understood...

As it's irrelevant nobody cares, Davel. Go find evidence of a non Portuguese person succsessfully challenging a PJ
presented statement and it might be relevant. 
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #609 on: August 08, 2019, 04:17:16 PM »

Well, I guess that we now all have some idea of the character of everyone commenting on this Forum.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #610 on: August 08, 2019, 04:27:25 PM »
As it's irrelevant nobody cares, Davel. Go find evidence of a non Portuguese person succsessfully challenging a PJ
presented statement and it might be relevant.
I don't need to.. It's of no importance because the statements can never be used in court as they are witness statements. Theyre important to you because they are part of what you think is evidence that implicates the McCanns...

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #611 on: August 08, 2019, 08:08:23 PM »
Well, I guess that we now all have some idea of the character of everyone commenting on this Forum.

No, I dont think you do. What a patronising thing to say. You are a mod not a person of any importance in anyones life beyong the keyboard and this thread. Keep it real here people.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #612 on: August 09, 2019, 08:02:35 AM »
I don't need to.. It's of no importance because the statements can never be used in court as they are witness statements. Theyre important to you because they are part of what you think is evidence that implicates the McCanns...

I find the statements a very useful source of information about all sorts of things. 
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #613 on: August 09, 2019, 08:07:03 AM »
I find the statements a very useful source of information about all sorts of things.

Some people find the Bible a useful source of information... Just depends on what you believe to be true
I see the statements as a rough guide but am certain they contain errors

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #614 on: August 09, 2019, 08:13:52 AM »

No, I dont think you do. What a patronising thing to say. You are a mod not a person of any importance in anyones life beyong the keyboard and this thread. Keep it real here people.
How the hell can you speak for everyone?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly