Author Topic: Maddie detectives seeking resort worker.  (Read 22264 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: Maddie detectives seeking resort worker.
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2017, 12:39:40 PM »
According to the article posted earlier.  Seems the Portuguese are still very much interested in the tapas group.

So mere speculation.
One wonders why if SY are just looking for a scapegoat to justify the amount spent, they didn't " find" one by now and save having to ask for more money.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 12:51:23 PM by Erngath »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline John

« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2017, 12:52:48 PM »
So mere speculation.
One wonders why if SY are just looking for a scapegoat to justify the amount spent, they didn't " find" by now and save having to ask for more money.

I would say it has little to do with speculation as the two people who were interviewed, namely,  Carlos Anjos, former PJ inspector and former head of the Criminal Investigation Officers' Union and Rui Pereira, former Minister of Internal Affairs, were both very aware of the evidence in the case.  It is extremely interesting that they discount abduction and look to the tapas group for answers.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 07:19:07 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2017, 02:29:02 PM »
According to the article posted earlier.  Seems the Portuguese are still very much interested in the tapas group.
One of them should get the timeline sorted first.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2017, 02:29:48 PM »
I've never read anything at all about this burglary at noon.  Have I missed something?

I would have thought that it was a highly significant occurrence if a man had entered and walked through holiday premises uninvited on the afternoon of the same night a child was reported missing from her bed in the same complex.
I'd be surprised if it exists.  According to book-keeper Maria Goncalves, statement date 7 May 2007, part of her job was preparing reports of thefts for insurance purposes.  The last one she had done was for 5L on 16 Apr 2007.  No mention of a 3 May 2007 incident.
What's up, old man?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2017, 02:33:05 PM »
I'd be surprised if it exists.  According to book-keeper Maria Goncalves, statement date 7 May 2007, part of her job was preparing reports of thefts for insurance purposes.  The last one she had done was for 5L on 16 Apr 2007.  No mention of a 3 May 2007 incident.
Nothing of any value was taken in the McCann case remember.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2017, 02:35:38 PM »
Did the burglar have a set of keys to block G5?  How did he enter the room at midday?
Remember a set of security keys had gone missing.
Did it?  I doubt it very much indeed.
What's up, old man?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #81 on: March 16, 2017, 02:38:28 PM »
Did it?  I doubt it very much indeed.
I think they did.  Maintenance keys and it has been discussed before. 
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2017, 02:39:56 PM »

The present investigation isn't
They are part of the old investigation whose evidence was discredited
See the archiving report

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2017, 02:43:32 PM »
The present investigation isn't
They are part of the old investigation whose evidence was discredited
See the archiving report
What happens to the archiving report when the case gets reopened?  That archiving report must be rescinded in the process, so we may not be able to refer to that report as being current now.
Moderation

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2017, 02:46:01 PM »
Nothing of any value was taken in the McCann case remember.
Not the McCann incident.  The tale that has only just surfaced that there was a burglary around noon on the 3rd, one that that does not appear in the PJ Files.  Not in the files plus no mention until now = highly unlikely.
What's up, old man?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2017, 02:49:14 PM »
I think they did.  Maintenance keys and it has been discussed before.
That's another tale that is not in the PJ Files, surfaced relatively recently, and does not stand up to scrutiny.
What's up, old man?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2017, 02:53:02 PM »
That's another tale that is not in the PJ Files, surfaced relatively recently, and does not stand up to scrutiny.
Any of these odd tales will be hard to scrutinise properly.  I looked into the missing keys and thought it was still possible, but it comes down to opinion in the end.
Moderation

Offline Brietta

« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2017, 03:29:23 PM »
I have never seen it revealed before that there was a burglary around noon on the day that Madeleine disappeared.  But it is a big step from a nicking a bit of tourist tat to kidnapping a child don't you think?

The coincidence is in the day but little else imo.  Certainly the Portuguese police have shown little interest in this petty burglar.

If they knew about it at the time I find it incredible they didn't link it to the other burglaries rife in the resort.  In particular in relation to the two known home invasions which had taken place in block 5 in the days prior to the McCann's arrival in Luz.

There was either an individual ~ a team or more than one team with the expertise to enter and exit holiday premises unobserved and without impediment apparently.

Burglars are criminals.

Whoever had a hand in taking Madeleine was a criminal.

Why have the PJ apparently covered up this guy's activities on a very significant date?  Which investigation discovered his existence ... Amaral's or Rebelo's?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #88 on: March 16, 2017, 03:37:49 PM »

If Carlos Anjos can appear on prime time television and emphatically make such an elementary error ... is there any reason to take whatever else he has to say with anything other than a pinch of salt?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2017, 04:58:46 PM »
If Carlos Anjos can appear on prime time television and emphatically make such an elementary error ... is there any reason to take whatever else he has to say with anything other than a pinch of salt?
Sorry, I should have added that on a scale of 0 to 10, where 0 is knows absolutely nothing about the case while 10 is case-expert level, I would give the show about a 1 out of 10.  I don't know what the track record of the show or the presenter is, and based on this example, I don't intend wasting my life finding out.
What's up, old man?