Author Topic: Madeleine McCann - Introduction to the case  (Read 97425 times)

AnneGuedes

Re: Madeleine McCann - Introduction to the case
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2013, 10:56:59 PM »
It makes no sense whatsoever to sedate kids who were sleeping in order to snatch their sister. But, according to all, included doctors, their sleep wasn't natural. Why were they sedated then ? They might have been sedated to forget what they had seen.

Offline Benice

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2013, 01:01:59 AM »
It makes no sense whatsoever to sedate kids who were sleeping in order to snatch their sister. But, according to all, included doctors, their sleep wasn't natural. Why were they sedated then ? They might have been sedated to forget what they had seen.

We can't know for sure whether they were sedated or not because the PJ ignored the McCanns references to that possibility -  made to them via the FLO's -  and did not carry out any tests.     
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

AnneGuedes

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2013, 01:43:14 AM »
We can't know for sure whether they were sedated or not because the PJ ignored the McCanns references to that possibility -  made to them via the FLO's -  and did not carry out any tests.     
I do believe the three doctors who said the kids' sleep wasn't natural.
The McCanns didn't suggest to take the twins to hospital, as any parent would have done. You can't expect the police to insist if doctor parents aren't worried.

The McCanns only asked if traces of sedation had been found concerning Madeleine. They never mentioned that again nor suggested with what and how she could have been sedated without waking up.
Why did they do useless tests ?

Aiofe

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2013, 11:41:53 PM »
The McCanns didn't suggest to take the twins to hospital, as any parent would have done. You can't expect the police to insist if doctor parents aren't worried.

The McCanns only asked if traces of sedation had been found concerning Madeleine. They never mentioned that again nor suggested with what and how she could have been sedated without waking up.

Which three doctors. When did they examine the twins. Where was their decision published.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2013, 11:49:29 PM »
Which three doctors. When did they examine the twins. Where was their decision published.
I'm afraid you have to go back to the very beginning. 3 doctors, 2 of them even with a formation in anaesthetic.

Aiofe

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2013, 12:10:59 AM »
I'm afraid you have to go back to the very beginning. 3 doctors, 2 of them even with a formation in anaesthetic.

So of course you will be providing a cite for when the doctors assessed the twins and how they decided that they were sedated.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2013, 09:07:46 PM »
So of course you will be providing a cite for when the doctors assessed the twins and how they decided that they were sedated.
This is the best signature of all !

Offline Freya

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2014, 09:56:09 PM »

Kate McCann mentioned to the police liason officer that she wanted to know if the PJ had thought about drugging. Its in the files.

I found this as well
"was repeatedly told by Kate - three months after Madeleine's disappearance - that the police should do blood analysis on the twins." Insp Paiva also said he became irritated by Gerry who would email him every lead the family received in the hunt for Madeleine.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/secrets-of-the-madeleine-mccann-dossier-325724#ixzz35am1aSic

was repeatedly told by Kate - three months after Madeleine's disappearance - that the police should do blood analysis on the twins." Insp Paiva also said he became irritated by Gerry who would email him every lead the family received in the hunt for Madeleine.

Pavia himself had said he was getting irritated by Kate McCann telling him that PJ should do blood tests on the twins

I'm sorry but you stating that you cant expect the police to insist.....THATS THEIR JOB. It is not the parents job neither is it their area of expertise. Stop making excuses for poor policing

Online Eleanor

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2014, 05:52:57 AM »

This is all becoming quite ridiculous.

Everyone has something to say that will counteract anything that someone else has had to say.  And almost exclusively from Media Statements.  Which I wouldn't trust if you slapped me with a wet kipper.

Sadly, there isn't much else to go on.  And The Files are simply not to be trusted when it comes to pitting a one word translation against another.

I don't actually know anything much at all.  But I do understand Logistics.  Time.  Place.  And Opportunity.

Apart from that, and being a Pro Mod, I would like to say that Pegasus and Pathfinder have remained at all times polite and logical, in so far as this is possible.

Thank you to you both.

Offline Admin

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2015, 01:57:45 AM »
Madeleine McCann disappeared on the evening of Thursday, 3 May 2007. She was on holiday with her parents and twin siblings in the Algarve region of Portugal. The British girl went missing from an apartment located in the central area of the resort of Praia da Luz, a few days before her fourth birthday, and has still not been found.

Madeleine's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, have said that they left the children unsupervised in a ground floor bedroom (4) while they ate at a restaurant (1) about 50 metres away.

The initial investigation by the Polícia Judiciária (PJ), the Portuguese criminal investigation police, was based on the assumption that the child had been abducted.  After further investigation, the PJ stated that there was a strong hypothesis that she might have died in her room.  During the investigation there were a number of unconfirmed sightings of Madeleine in Portugal and elsewhere, and additional scientific evidence was obtained. The investigation involved the co-operation of the British and Portuguese police and demonstrated the differing methodologies employed by each, with regard to such aspects as the amount of information released to the public and the legal status of those involved in the case.

Robert Murat, a local resident, was given arguido or suspect status on 15 May 2007.  Kate and Gerry McCann were also named as arguidos on 7 September but were allowed to fly back to the United Kingdom on 9 September.  As investigators failed to find evidence of any wrongdoing, all three suspects had their arguido status lifted on 21 July 2008. The Portuguese Attorney General archived the case, also on 21 July, adding that the case could be reopened if new evidence emerges.

The disappearance and its aftermath were notable for the breadth and longevity of the media coverage. This was initially due to the active involvement of the parents in publicising the case and to several awareness-raising campaigns by international celebrities and, latterly, to the interest that arose from the parents being named as suspects. The event generated international media attention with controversy surrounding the Portuguese-led police investigation and the actions of Madeleine's parents. There has also been criticism of the extent and nature of the publicity and of the reporting of the disappearance in both the Portuguese and British media.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 02:06:40 AM by Admin »

Offline The General

« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2022, 11:40:51 PM »
There by the grace of Zeus go we. Apparently.
They must rue the day they decided that discretion was the better part of valor.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum