Author Topic: Sun's Nick Pisa refers to Gonçalo Amaral as a "Poisonous Liar".  (Read 39858 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Sun's Nick Pisa refers to Gonçalo Amaral as a "Poisonous Liar".
« Reply #330 on: November 12, 2018, 07:08:10 PM »
Teo separate issues isn’t it?  Amaral is not responsible for people’s view of the McCanns as neglectful parents, that view sprung out of the righteous indignation of thousands of online perfect parents to the actions taken by the McCanns and their friends.  No, Amaral is responsible (largely in my view) for undermining the lifting of the arguido ststus by timing his book to coincide almost exactly with its lifting so that on the one hand the PJ had to admit there was no evidence against the parents but on the other along comes the most infamous cop on the case claiming cast iron proof that Madeleine died in the apartment and pointing the finger firmly at the parents.  This surely gave rise to plenty more “doubters” than there ever were before, gave him a career for life spreading his misinformation and lies and inevitably (regardless of what the bonkers Justice System decided) caused untold misery to the parents of the missing child as well as her extended family, and quite likely harmed the on-going search for Madeleine.  All IMO.

Amaral couldn’t publish his book before the case was shelved.

If you take an objective view the release of the book straight after the parents had been declared, according to them, innocent or cleared could adversely have affected it’s sales.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #331 on: November 12, 2018, 07:23:07 PM »
Amaral couldn’t publish his book before the case was shelved.

If you take an objective view the release of the book straight after the parents had been declared, according to them, innocent or cleared could adversely have affected it’s sales.
No, IMO it was the PERFECT time to release his book because it coincided with maximum publicity for the case, snubbed a nose at the archiving report and the McCanns, and any book that claimed to solve the mystery of what happened to the child by revealing “The Truth Of the Lie” was bound to sell well especially at that time.  He could have published his book at any time after the shelving of the case, but I believe he chose the next day, which says to me he was determined to ride on the coat-tails of the case, the report and the lifting of the arguido ststus.  ALL IMO
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #332 on: November 12, 2018, 07:39:30 PM »
No, IMO it was the PERFECT time to release his book because it coincided with maximum publicity for the case, snubbed a nose at the archiving report and the McCanns, and any book that claimed to solve the mystery of what happened to the child by revealing “The Truth Of the Lie” was bound to sell well especially at that time.  He could have published his book at any time after the shelving of the case, but I believe he chose the next day, which says to me he was determined to ride on the coat-tails of the case, the report and the lifting of the arguido ststus.  ALL IMO

Your opinion’s hardly objective though is it ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #333 on: November 13, 2018, 10:22:34 PM »
If Scotland Yard had taken their investigation ~ which happens to be into Madeleine's abduction ~ as far as it is possible to take it, why would they seek funding to keep it going?

Once all the i's are dotted and the t's crossed investigations are put on hold until new evidence or information comes along which merits another look.

The investigation into Madeleine McCann's disappearance has not yet reached that stage.  Scotland Yard have made a case for funding and the Home Office have been convinced enough by the case made to agree the request.

By definition they are still actively pursuing Madeleine McCann's case.

That fact alone gives the lie to the content within the pages of 'the truth of the lie' and the many subsequent hours of Amaral interview footage promoting his case ... does that make him a liar?

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline misty

« Reply #334 on: November 14, 2018, 12:07:27 AM »
I don't believe they will make any progress, in fact I think they have ceased actively investigating the case.  IMO, all they are doing now is housekeeping functions. 

We know thanks to the public utterances of a former senior SY officer that the investigation was not as comprehensive as it could have been which in itself raises many questions.

When the former SY officer was in discussion about a role in OG the Portuguese were not on side. IMO that would have affected the investigative range of any UK-led review.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 08:27:01 PM by John »

Offline barrier

« Reply #335 on: November 14, 2018, 04:28:55 PM »
When the former SY officer was in discussion about a role in OG the Portuguese were not on side. IMO that would have affected the investigative range of any UK-led review.

There is nothing to indicate the PJ are on side as you put it,Grange are investigating an abduction,Do Carmo says they don't know what happened adding we have to prepared to deal with different scenarios, one is blinkered the other clearly is not imo.

Ref for Do Carmo, Brunt anniversary thing last year.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 08:37:28 PM by John »
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.