Author Topic: Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?  (Read 23140 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2018, 09:12:56 AM »
What interested me in Mrs Martin's evidence was her surprise that doctors left their children home alone. She obviously expected doctors in particular to be knowledgeable about the dangers of doing that. In my opinion most people understand those dangers, so why didn't these doctors?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2018, 09:15:28 AM »
They didn't want or, need, her help... IMO She, had, no skills, to offer... Is, that so hard, to understand

Interesting that they were happy of the help of diplomats with no skills in investigating crimes or child protection issues. IMO
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2018, 09:23:16 AM »
That's your opinion....... The McCann's didn't want her help... Are they entitled to make that decision without posters wanting to criticise everything they do... It was up to them... None of your or anyone elses business

The McCanns have put their experiences, actions and opinions in the public arena. I agree with the Portuguese judges; by doing that they opened the way for others to form opinions and to comment.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2018, 09:30:54 AM »
Interesting that they were happy of the help of diplomats with no skills in investigating crimes or child protection issues. IMO

The diplomats were important Re the search for obvious reasons

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2018, 09:32:01 AM »
The McCanns have put their experiences, actions and opinions in the public arena. I agree with the Portuguese judges; by doing that they opened the way for others to form opinions and to comment.

I think it's odd that people such as you want to examine every minute detail of their lives

Offline The General

« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2018, 10:03:40 AM »
I think it's odd that people such as you want to examine every minute detail of their lives
I know, it's not as if Kate disclosed any of this in a candid, red top serialised, best-selling book.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2018, 10:05:34 AM »

Do I? I have no knowledge of or interest in their lives at all. My interest in them begins and ends with anything relating to their daughter's disappearance.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Lace

« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2018, 10:36:11 AM »
She went to HELP the McCanns, she took her credentials to show that she was a professional social worker.   

Would you rather that someone wouldn't offer to help the bereft McCanns in their time of need? Clearly you would IMO.

\I believe it was a journalist who suggested they be careful who they spoke to, Kate was in a very distressed state.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2018, 11:13:22 AM »
\I believe it was a journalist who suggested they be careful who they spoke to, Kate was in a very distressed state.

The only journalist present to my knowledge was Len Port. His offers of help were also ignored. it seems;

The only other people in sight were two women in conversation close to a corner ground floor apartment, 5A. As I approached, I noticed that one of them was clearly distressed, so much so I guessed she must be the missing girl's mother, Kate McCann. Later I learned that the other woman was a senior social worker on holiday from England. I overheard Mrs McCann tell her the police were "doing nothing" to find her daughter. She complained that they had not even questioned people staying in the same block of apartments. I understood the social worker to suggest that a description of the missing child should be circulated more widely. That prompted me to introduce myself as an Algarve-based reporter and say that I could use contacts to arrange alerts to be broadcast on an Algarve bilingual radio station. It had flashed through my mind that such alerts had been broadcast when Rachel Charles was reported missing in the Algarve 17 years earlier. The social worker then mentioned the British Consulate. I said I could help there too as I knew the staff at the Consulate and had just spoken to one of them on the phone. Perhaps my offer sounded disingenuous coming from a total stranger and a reporter to boot. Anyway, it was ignored.
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/86june14/LenPort_June2014.htm
Result = happy posting.

Offline The General

« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2018, 11:15:40 AM »
The only journalist present to my knowledge was Len Port. His offers of help were also ignored. it seems;

The only other people in sight were two women in conversation close to a corner ground floor apartment, 5A. As I approached, I noticed that one of them was clearly distressed, so much so I guessed she must be the missing girl's mother, Kate McCann. Later I learned that the other woman was a senior social worker on holiday from England. I overheard Mrs McCann tell her the police were "doing nothing" to find her daughter. She complained that they had not even questioned people staying in the same block of apartments. I understood the social worker to suggest that a description of the missing child should be circulated more widely. That prompted me to introduce myself as an Algarve-based reporter and say that I could use contacts to arrange alerts to be broadcast on an Algarve bilingual radio station. It had flashed through my mind that such alerts had been broadcast when Rachel Charles was reported missing in the Algarve 17 years earlier. The social worker then mentioned the British Consulate. I said I could help there too as I knew the staff at the Consulate and had just spoken to one of them on the phone. Perhaps my offer sounded disingenuous coming from a total stranger and a reporter to boot. Anyway, it was ignored.
Sounds like this incompetent, untrained, meddling social worker had some pretty decent advice to dispense. Shame she was dismissed really.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Lace

« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2018, 11:29:29 AM »

It probably was Len Port.    I was thinking of this from Yvonne Martins statement -

Meanwhile a fourth individual came towards the group and identified himself as a journalist. The witness alerted the couple to the type of statements they should give and that it would be better for them to keep silent.

After he said this,  they went off discuss what he had said and then decided not to say anymore to Yvonee Martin.  So it was the journalists advice that caused them not to speak to Yvonne Martin.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2018, 11:54:20 AM »
Do I? I have no knowledge of or interest in their lives at all. My interest in them begins and ends with anything relating to their daughter's disappearance.

as does mine...and I dont see the the relevance of them dismissing yvonne martin

Offline Brietta

« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2018, 12:11:43 PM »
Why do you believe Yvonne Martin was there to interrogate the witnesses.  She would need to ask some questions to get the full picture, before helping them in their time of need.    What do you expect her to do otherwise?
Questions like ... how can I help with the children in the party? might justify her intervention and give an indication of what and whom she should have been prioritising.

Do you think there was any good reason for her to take on the role of police investigator?  Why do you think she felt it necessary to do that ... did she feel the police weren't up to it?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2018, 12:17:14 PM »
Yes.
She wouldn't know that they didn't need or want help until she asked.
As for skills, I mean come on dAvEl, she's a social worker; by definition, her skill set demands training and experience in dealing with children in stressful situations - i.e. the twins may have needed assistance.

Apparently her contribution was to increase the stress of an already unbearably stressful situation ... what do the files say about enquiries she made regarding the children?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2018, 12:26:05 PM »
But how was she to know that they didn't want her help until she asked?
And if it's none of any of our business, why are we all talking about it?
Besides, they didn't want a British social worker, but they needed a British PR Guru in short order.

Ask Mark Warner about PR gurus ... I don't think Madeleine's parents knew much about them on 4th May.

In my opinion they would have experience of social work perhaps as part of a multi disciplinary team and could be expected to know the role played by them in a crisis.

Bearing in mind no-one ... neither police or victims had a clue who she was. It didn't take long for the realisation to dawn that Yvonne Martin's behaviour was eccentric to say the least and in my opinion decidedly unprofessional.