Author Topic: Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?  (Read 22601 times)

Online Eleanor

Re: Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2018, 04:11:26 PM »
Could you explain that please Eleanor?

I was referring to myself.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2018, 04:15:04 PM »
I was referring to myself.

OK thank you Eleanor.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Online Eleanor

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2018, 04:17:25 PM »
OK thank you Eleanor.

Je vous en prie.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2018, 04:47:46 PM »
Then she should have had the decency and professionalism to put her name to those suspicions.

Perhaps this lack of decency and professionalism was apparent to the McCanns and friends who had every right to decline her interference. IMO
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2018, 04:52:40 PM »

Perhaps this lack of decency and professionalism was apparent to the McCanns and friends who had every right to decline her interference. IMO

Or perhaps there was another reason, Erngath, who knows?
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2018, 04:56:21 PM »

Indeed, but many seem to criticise every decision made without knowing any details of what actually occurred.
Also every action and decision of the parents is seen through a fog of distrust and bias IMO of course.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2018, 05:01:15 PM »
Indeed, but many seem to criticise every decision made without knowing any details of what actually occurred.
Also every action and decision of the parents is seen through a fog of distrust and bias IMO of course.

Every action made by the PJ and Portuguese police is seen through a fog of distrust and bias IMO of course.

Some question the McCanns by what they say and do, not just because of bias IMO.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2018, 05:04:30 PM »

Every action made by the PJ and Portuguese police is seen through a fog of distrust and bias IMO of course.

Some question the McCanns by what they say and do, not just because of bias IMO.

I believe the McCanns based on the evidence... I distrust the PJ... Based on the evidence... Amaral guilty of perjury.. Almeida guilty of torture

Offline Erngath

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2018, 05:08:03 PM »

Fortunately I do trust NSY and not the suspicions raised by internet detectives who question everything the McCanns say or do.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2018, 05:19:33 PM »

Could you expand on what you believe the other reason could be for the McCanns and friends to find her interference not to their liking?

Offline Sunny

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2018, 05:57:55 PM »
Could you expand on what you believe the other reason could be for the McCanns and friends to find her interference not to their liking?

No I can't Erngath, sorry.   Perhaps Davel can as he finds it understandable that the shooed Yvonne Martin away.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2018, 05:59:59 PM »
I believe the McCanns based on the evidence... I distrust the PJ... Based on the evidence... Amaral guilty of perjury.. Almeida guilty of torture

None of The Sceptics seem to be really interested in this.  But then this sort of thing does appear to go on quite a lot in Portugal.  So perhaps it's normal.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2018, 06:03:28 PM »
No I can't Erngath, sorry.   Perhaps Davel can as he finds it understandable that the shooed Yvonne Martin away.

Does Portugal have Social Workers?  And are they allowed to interfere in Investigations?

Offline jassi

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2018, 06:04:24 PM »
Does Portugal have Social Workers?  And are they allowed to interfere in Investigations?

In what way was she interfering ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Online Eleanor

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2018, 06:11:57 PM »
In what way was she interfering ?

By trying to question a witness.