Author Topic: Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?  (Read 22792 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?
« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2018, 03:38:53 PM »
I'm smiling at your impression that every hour was pressing on her.

Eh?
Did I use that word?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2018, 04:18:07 PM »
So it was Yvonne Martin who told the McCann's to be careful what they said.

I find Yvonne Martins statements to be quite odd,   at first she's chatting away to the McCann's then as soon as they decide not to speak to her anymore,   her statement seems to get quite different,   she says that she recognises David Payne,   describes him as having a scar on his face [does he?]  and that the McCann's were aggressive before she showed her credentials,  she doesn't say that at first.

Or does she Lace. From her statement.

- At around 09H00, she met the McCann couple next to the apartment from where the child had disappeared, accompanied by a third person, a male, who seemed quite familiar to her.

- This third person of the group appeared to be an intimate (friend) of the family as he was the one who, when the media arrived, began to explain what was happening and answering questions, thereby saving the couple from this upset. Afterwards, she further confirmed his closeness to the family when she saw him taking care of the couple's twins, also small children.

She mentions David Payne prior to her talking with Kate McCann as she goes on to say

She identified herself and presented her credentials and immediately began talking to the mother of the missing child as she was visibly upset with the situation.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/YVONNE-WARREN-MARTIN.htm
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2018, 08:05:26 PM »
13 hours since she went missing - it was 10am - truth in that statement and it connects to Smithman again LOL. Smithman corroborates everything!

"At this point, Kate told her that her daughter had disappeared 13 hours ago. It was about 10 in the morning."
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/YVONNE-WARREN-MARTIN.htm
If Kate thought she had been taken just after 9:00 PM the maths is correct.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2018, 10:40:18 PM »
We only have some other woman's word for it, maybe she misheard or misremembered?

Again ? You have to wonder how this woman ever became a social worker. With her hearing problems and memory loss bordering on dementia it’s a wonder she ever got anyone to employ her.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2018, 10:46:08 PM »
Again ? You have to wonder how this woman ever became a social worker. With her hearing problems and memory loss bordering on dementia it’s a wonder she ever got anyone to employ her.
I haven’t referenced hearing problems or memory loss or dementia, just common or garden misremebering or mis-hearing, such as you might experience on a daily basis.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2018, 11:32:55 PM »
I haven’t referenced hearing problems or memory loss or dementia, just common or garden misremebering or mis-hearing, such as you might experience on a daily basis.

Misheard, how ? She was feet away. Misremembered in what way ? She is a professional trained to assimilate information quickly.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 12:30:53 AM by Faithlilly »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2018, 11:54:00 PM »
If Kate thought she had been taken just after 9:00 PM the maths is correct.

The window was only reported to be open on her check at 10. The window was closed on prior checks at 9 and 9:30 so why would she be thinking the abduction was at 9pm?
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline misty

« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2018, 11:56:44 PM »
Misheard, how ? She was feet away. Misremembered in what way ? She is a professional trained to assimilate information quickly IN MY OPINION.
IYO what action could YM have taken following receipt of any information she gleaned from the McCanns?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2018, 12:36:52 AM »
IYO what action could YM have taken following receipt of any information she gleaned from the McCanns?

I’m not entirely clear why supporters are so against a rather kind lady, trained in helping families deal with the most awful traumas, forgoing her own holiday to offer help in whatever way she could. Further Kate obviously felt comfortable enough at first to talk to her and give her some pertinent information.

Offline misty

« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2018, 12:47:21 AM »
I’m not entirely clear why supporters are so against a rather kind lady, trained in helping families deal with the most awful traumas, forgoing her own holiday to offer help in whatever way she could. Further Kate obviously felt comfortable enough at first to talk to her and give her some pertinent information.

I asked you what action she thought she could have taken, bearing in mind she must have known she had no jurisdiction & didn't even speak Portuguese.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #100 on: November 15, 2018, 06:05:50 AM »
I asked you what action she thought she could have taken, bearing in mind she must have known she had no jurisdiction & didn't even speak Portuguese.

I would think that Yvonne Martin went into social work because she wanted to help children and families.  She went to Praia Da Luz to help the McCanns.

I have an immense respect for social workers as I believe their profession is a very hard and stressful one. They are dedicated professionals who's aim is to protect children and help families cope with very difficult circumstances.

Read this please http://www.socialworker.com/feature-articles/practice/a-social-worker-s-thoughts-on-child-protection-social-work/

IMO Yvonne Martin didn't need jurisdiction nor did she need to speak Portuguese to help the McCanns, even in a small way to cope with what had happened.  She didn't get the chance to do that, that is not her fault.   If you read the link you will see what I mean.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2018, 07:10:23 AM »
Misheard, how ? She was feet away. Misremembered in what way ? She is a professional trained to assimilate information quickly.
You have neve misheard what someone has said, who was talking to you?  You have never misremembered what they said?  Is Yvonne human or android?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2018, 07:52:08 AM »
The window was only reported to be open on her check at 10. The window was closed on prior checks at 9 and 9:30 so why would she be thinking the abduction was at 9pm?
Kate linked it to Jane's sighting.  Around 9:15.

Matt has no idea if the window is open or closed as it is behind the closed curtains.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #103 on: November 15, 2018, 09:09:16 AM »
It's interesting how witnesses report what they think is important rather than reporting a situation and conversation in full.

Mrs Martin reports three people being present, Len Port mentions just her and Kate.
Mrs Martin says David Payne spoke to the media, which probably means Len Port. Len Port doesn't mention that.
Mrs Martin doesn't mention Kate's opinion that the police were 'doing nothing' but Len Port does.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #104 on: November 15, 2018, 12:21:14 PM »
I would think that Yvonne Martin went into social work because she wanted to help children and families.  She went to Praia Da Luz to help the McCanns.

I have an immense respect for social workers as I believe their profession is a very hard and stressful one. They are dedicated professionals who's aim is to protect children and help families cope with very difficult circumstances.

Read this please http://www.socialworker.com/feature-articles/practice/a-social-worker-s-thoughts-on-child-protection-social-work/

IMO Yvonne Martin didn't need jurisdiction nor did she need to speak Portuguese to help the McCanns, even in a small way to cope with what had happened.  She didn't get the chance to do that, that is not her fault.   If you read the link you will see what I mean.

If an English detective inspector had been holidaying a couple of miles down the coast what action do you think would have been dictated by dint of his/her desire to help using professional training?

Do you consider it would it have been appropriate for that person to approach witnesses waving a warrant card and attempt to interview them privately?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....