Author Topic: Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?  (Read 22797 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?
« Reply #135 on: November 15, 2018, 09:21:05 PM »
Had the case been solved I might have agreed with you.

And you believe her help would have solved the case?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline John

« Reply #136 on: November 15, 2018, 09:26:34 PM »
Why do you think " alarm bells were ringing" ?
What do you believe was" peculiar"  or " out of the ordinary"  in the rejection of an absolute stranger suddenly appearing and  asking quite personal questions?

I have no doubt that Yvonne's questions had hit a nerve and that is why they told her they weren't interested in her help.  Any genuine person in such a situation in a foreign country would grab any help they could get. The only other reason I can think of as to why they were afraid of Yvonne's intervention was because they knew they had left the children unattended and so had created an environment favourable to an abduction.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 10:02:42 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #137 on: November 15, 2018, 09:33:17 PM »
I have no doubt that Yvonne's questions had hit a nerve and that is why they told her they weren't interested in her help.

So they were more worried by some unknown social worker asking questions rather than any following questions which would be asked by an investigating police force.
Why would they?
She had no power of investigation.
Do you believe that her questions would have led to any further truth into what happened to Madeleine?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #138 on: November 15, 2018, 09:36:40 PM »
And you believe her help would have solved the case?
No one knows now. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #139 on: November 15, 2018, 09:43:27 PM »
So they were more worried by some unknown social worker asking questions rather than any following questions which would be asked by an investigating police force.
Why would they?
She had no power of investigation.
Do you believe that her questions would have led to any further truth into what happened to Madeleine?
With her experience who knows what could have eventuated.   I'm learning how detectives and I suppose investigators ask questions, sometimes direct, hoping for a denial or an admission. 
Other times they approach in a less direct method to build trust.  The PJ can only ask tough questions if the person was made an arguido AFAIK.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #140 on: November 15, 2018, 09:44:48 PM »
No one knows now.

Do you really believe her intervention would have helped fnd Madeleine?
Or helped fnd out what happened?
Or helped find out who as responsible for her disappearance?.
Really?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #141 on: November 15, 2018, 09:46:39 PM »
The welfare of the child is paramount ... no social work team worth it's salt would take any precipitate action to jeopardise that by precipitate non-emergency action and careful multi discipline study.

I agree that the majority of social workers do an excellent job in very difficult circumstances and I know of no cases where children are removed from loving homes where they are properly cared for to be put into the care system.

Such would be a scandal of gargantuan proportions.

Try reading some of Christopher Bookers articles on this topic. There are plenty remaining on the net.
Just a few samplers:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/04/1-million-bill-for-social-workers-getting-it-wrong/
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/christopherbooker/10625665/French-judges-foil-social-workers-who-were-out-to-take-mothers-baby.html
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/04/1-million-bill-for-social-workers-getting-it-wrong/
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Erngath

« Reply #142 on: November 15, 2018, 09:53:30 PM »
With her experience who knows what could have eventuated.   I'm learning how detectives and I suppose investigators ask questions, sometimes direct, hoping for a denial or an admission. 
Other times they approach in a less direct method to build trust.  The PJ can only ask tough questions if the person was made an arguido AFAIK.

And her experience in investigating the disappearance of a missing child in a foreign country where she did not speak that language was ??

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #143 on: November 15, 2018, 09:56:45 PM »

Do you really believe her intervention would have helped fnd Madeleine?
Or helped find out what happened?
Or helped find out who as responsible for her disappearance?.
Really?
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10418.msg503043#msg503043

Even if the McCanns could have been eliminated as suspects.  In my research the police don't like it when their prime suspect is eliminated from the inquiry.  I suppose it is a disappointment.  Their hopes would be up. They don't want to show their feelings too soon as they are still gathering evidence.

But if a suspect is eliminated the focus is directed on to someone else, that is the important bit.

With the McCanns dining just 100 odd meters from the apartment they could never get a watertight alibi.

Jez has been reported as giving Gerry an alibi but only for as long as they spoke and what time was that?  In the end Jez was not willing to define the time he met with Gerry, so IMO the alibi provided by Jez loses it value IMO.

Maybe something Yvonne could find out would send the investigation in a new direction.  For the McCanns could never be eliminated based on an alibi  as they are always close to the crime scene.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 10:00:50 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Erngath

« Reply #144 on: November 15, 2018, 10:02:55 PM »
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10418.msg503043#msg503043

Even if the McCanns could have been eliminated as suspects.  In my research the police don't like it when their prime suspect is eliminated from the inquiry.  I suppose it is a disappointment.  Their hopes would be up. They don't want to show their feelings too soon as they are still gathering evidence.

But if a suspect is eliminated the focus is directed on to someone else, that is the important bit.

With the McCanns dining just 100 odd meters from the apartment they could never get a watertight alibi.

Jez has been reported as giving Gerry an alibi but only for as long as they spoke and what time was that?  In the end Jez was not willing to define the time he met with Gerry, so IMO the alibi provided by Jez loses it value IMO.

A brief readng ojf your response does not seem to indicate any answer to my post.
However it's late and I will reread your response  in the morning.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #145 on: November 15, 2018, 10:05:52 PM »
And her experience in investigating the disappearance of a missing child in a foreign country where she did not speak that language was ??
I think you are guessing if you think Yvonne didn't speak Portuguese.  I believe she spoke Portuguese fluently as in both of her statements there is nothing said about the presence of a translator.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/YVONNE-WARREN-MARTIN.htm
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 10:10:57 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #146 on: November 15, 2018, 10:07:13 PM »
A brief readng ojf your response does not seem to indicate any answer to my post.
However it's late and I will reread your response  in the morning.
You were asking difficult questions:
1. Do you really believe her intervention would have helped find Madeleine?
2. Or helped find out what happened?
3. Or helped find out who as responsible for her disappearance?.
4. Really?

I think she would have helped in identifying another suspect.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 10:09:50 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline John

« Reply #147 on: November 15, 2018, 10:15:05 PM »
I notice some posters refer to Yvonne as having some sort of investigative interest.  IMO this is wrong as she was a social worker with experience in child protection.

Was her approach out of concern for the other children?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #148 on: November 15, 2018, 10:15:25 PM »
I think you are guessing if you think Yvonne didn't speak Portuguese.  I believe she spoke Portuguese fluently as in both of her statements there is nothing said about the presence of a translator.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/YVONNE-WARREN-MARTIN.htm
YVONE WARREN MARTIN

Profession: Social Services and Child Protection

The witness is accompanied by a PJ interpreter, Carlos Moura, as she does not speak Portuguese

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #149 on: November 15, 2018, 10:37:36 PM »
I notice some posters refer to Yvonne as having some sort of investigative interest.  IMO this is wrong as she was a social worker with experience in child protection.

Was her approach out of concern for the other children?

I think it may well have been...but the mccanns had every right to ask her to go