Author Topic: Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?  (Read 22797 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?
« Reply #150 on: November 15, 2018, 10:38:03 PM »
Try reading some of Christopher Bookers articles on this topic. There are plenty remaining on the net.
Just a few samplers:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/04/1-million-bill-for-social-workers-getting-it-wrong/
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/christopherbooker/10625665/French-judges-foil-social-workers-who-were-out-to-take-mothers-baby.html
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/04/1-million-bill-for-social-workers-getting-it-wrong/

LOL ... so are you indicating ... based on precedence ... that Yvonne Martin's interference could have mirrored incompetence and bad practice of the worst sort?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #151 on: November 15, 2018, 10:46:33 PM »
I notice some posters refer to Yvonne as having some sort of investigative interest.  IMO this is wrong as she was a social worker with experience in child protection.

Was her approach out of concern for the other children?

Didn't she approach Mark Warner employees to ask about events of the previous night?  Kate McCann realised she was asking them inappropriate questions reserved for the police investigation and objected.  I've not seen anything mentioned about her showing concern or making enquiries for the well being of any of the children during her initial intervention.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #152 on: November 15, 2018, 11:00:38 PM »
I notice some posters refer to Yvonne as having some sort of investigative interest.  IMO this is wrong as she was a social worker with experience in child protection.

Was her approach out of concern for the other children?
Didn't she ask questions about the parentage of Madeleine?  Surely that is investigating whether another parent could be involved with an abduction e.g a biological father involvement.

I'll have a look at the statement again.  Does she even know if there are other children?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #153 on: November 15, 2018, 11:03:24 PM »
Didn't she ask questions about the parentage of Madeleine?  Surely that is investigating whether another parent could be involved with an abduction e.g a biological father involvement.

I'll have a look at the statement again.  Does she even know if there are other children?

Yes.  She asked if Gerry was Madeleine's father.  Blimmin cheek.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #154 on: November 15, 2018, 11:32:03 PM »
YVONE WARREN MARTIN

Profession: Social Services and Child Protection

The witness is accompanied by a PJ interpreter, Carlos Moura, as she does not speak Portuguese
Thanks for clearing that up.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #155 on: November 15, 2018, 11:44:49 PM »

"Taking advantage of the information that she had heard on the news, she began questioning the couple about how often they had checked on the children, obtaining the reply that people would go to see them every hour.

As is normal and routine in her service, she asked whether Gerry was the biological father of the missing child, to which he replied yes.

She clarifies that she asked this question because during the course of her 25 years of service working with children at risk, it is very normal that when a couple has child and where the father or the mother is not a biological parent, the biological parent may have a tendency to come and "get" his child."
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/YVONNE-WARREN-MARTIN.htm
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #156 on: November 15, 2018, 11:50:20 PM »
"Taking advantage of the information that she had heard on the news, she began questioning the couple about how often they had checked on the children, obtaining the reply that people would go to see them every hour.

As is normal and routine in her service, she asked whether Gerry was the biological father of the missing child, to which he replied yes.

She clarifies that she asked this question because during the course of her 25 years of service working with children at risk, it is very normal that when a couple has child and where the father or the mother is not a biological parent, the biological parent may have a tendency to come and "get" his child."
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/YVONNE-WARREN-MARTIN.htm
actually I already know that and Ive never worked in child protection

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #157 on: November 15, 2018, 11:55:44 PM »
actually I already know that and Ive never worked in child protection
Well did you know this:
"She adds that, after having spoken to the McCann couple, she spoke to the resort manager, and after identifying herself, asked him whether there had been a break-in in the apartment where the child was, to which he replied no but that the door was open as were the window blinds, which, according to Kate, should have been closed but were found open."

That question in itself seems very investigative.  She appears to be assessing where the threat came from.  What does she get told?

Unfortunately it isn't defined as to which door was found  open.
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #158 on: November 15, 2018, 11:58:47 PM »
Well did you know this:
"She adds that, after having spoken to the McCann couple, she spoke to the resort manager, and after identifying herself, asked him whether there had been a break-in in the apartment where the child was, to which he replied no but that the door was open as were the window blinds, which, according to Kate, should have been closed but were found open."

That question in itself seems very investigative.  She appears to be assessing where the threat came from.  What does she get told?

Unfortunately it isn't defined as to which door was found  open.

yes I did know this...she is a social worker not  a detective..and thats why kate was quite right to tell her to clear off

Offline The General

« Reply #159 on: November 16, 2018, 07:32:29 AM »
yes I did know this...she is a social worker not  a detective..and thats why kate was quite right to tell her to clear off
So she seems relatively happy to answer mundane questions, right up to the point where the awkward questions are being asked.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #160 on: November 16, 2018, 07:43:01 AM »
I'm surprised the group took little notice of Len Port. The first journalist on the scene with local knowledge and contacts. Wouldn't he have been far more use than the BBC and Sky? 
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline barrier

« Reply #161 on: November 16, 2018, 08:16:32 AM »
I'm surprised the group took little notice of Len Port. The first journalist on the scene with local knowledge and contacts. Wouldn't he have been far more use than the BBC and Sky?

There you have it, local knowledge.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #162 on: November 16, 2018, 09:50:21 AM »
According to Mrs Martin David Payne intervened when he heard Kate telling her that a couple had abducted her daughter. None of the evidence points to a couple being involved so I wonder if Kate was being encouraged to think it was a caring couple rather than a predatory paedophile.

If checking was every hour as Mrs Martin was informed, Gerry's check would have been nearer to 9.30 pm rather than 9.05 pm.

Rachael 4th May; Gerry went at 9.15 pm.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #163 on: November 16, 2018, 12:23:54 PM »
According to Mrs Martin David Payne intervened when he heard Kate telling her that a couple had abducted her daughter. None of the evidence points to a couple being involved so I wonder if Kate was being encouraged to think it was a caring couple rather than a predatory paedophile.

If checking was every hour as Mrs Martin was informed, Gerry's check would have been nearer to 9.30 pm rather than 9.05 pm.

Rachael 4th May; Gerry went at 9.15 pm.

Is this the accurate Portuguese statements, again

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #164 on: November 16, 2018, 12:42:01 PM »
LOL ... so are you indicating ... based on precedence ... that Yvonne Martin's interference could have mirrored incompetence and bad practice of the worst sort?

Yep!
The CzeckPub came close to deporting some English social workers according to Booker.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey