Author Topic: Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?  (Read 22798 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?
« Reply #180 on: November 17, 2018, 02:21:33 PM »
I can remember you saying she could have provided comfort to them but they already had a group of friends, some close friends, who were quite capable of doing that?
What was the other cite?

She may not have known that prior to speaking to the McCanns . This is early Friday morning, remember
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Sunny

« Reply #181 on: November 17, 2018, 02:24:37 PM »
I can remember you saying she could have provided comfort to them but they already had a group of friends, some close friends, who were quite capable of doing that?
What was the other cite?

That wasn't a cite that was my opinion.

Here were my cites (without posts attached)

http://www.socialworker.com/feature-articles/practice/a-social-worker-s-thoughts-on-child-protection-social-work/

https://thefrontline.org.uk/2017/02/10/the-role-of-a-child-protection-social-worker/

Also I agree with jassi's post. She would only know the bare bones of the facts and wanted to give her expertise and help a family in distress.  It seems to me that many supporters are implying that she only went to Praia Da Luz to be at best nosey and at worse malicious.  I disagree, she went to help a family in distress.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #182 on: November 17, 2018, 03:18:06 PM »

http://www.socialworker.com/feature-articles/practice/a-social-worker-s-thoughts-on-child-protection-social-work/

https://thefrontline.org.uk/2017/02/10/the-role-of-a-child-protection-social-worker/

Also I agree with jassi's post. She would only know the bare bones of the facts and wanted to give her expertise and help a family in distress.  It seems to me that many supporters are implying that she only went to Praia Da Luz to be at best nosey and at worse malicious.  I disagree, she went to help a family in distress.

Many sceptics imply that every word and deed of the parents of a missing little girl are questionable, suspicious and at worst malicious.
She may have had the best of intentions but surely on arrival and seeing the parents had the support of friends and coupled with the fact she spoke no Portuguese, then in my opinion she should have wished them well and left.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #183 on: November 17, 2018, 03:19:26 PM »

Kate felt she was intrusive and didn't want to speak to her... I've had the opinion of two social workers and both were highly critical if the McCanns... Kste had, every right to tell her to go

Offline Sunny

« Reply #184 on: November 17, 2018, 03:22:09 PM »
Kate felt she was intrusive and didn't want to speak to her... I've had the opinion of two social workers and both were highly critical if the McCanns... Kste had, every right to tell her to go

That is your opinion.   I find it interesting that you have spoken to two social workers who were highly critical of the McCanns. So it would appear that their actions were not well within the bounds of reasonable parenting, or some such flannel.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #185 on: November 17, 2018, 03:25:18 PM »
That is your opinion.   I find it interesting that you have spoken to two social workers who were highly critical of the McCanns. So it would appear that their actions were not well within the bounds of reasonable parenting, or some such flannel.

I have spoken to one and heard the opinion of another... both extremely  critical of the McCanns... So I cannot see Martin being sympathetic

Offline Erngath

« Reply #186 on: November 17, 2018, 03:34:04 PM »

They seem good parents who made a wrong decision.
Many good parents have also made wrong decisions.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #187 on: November 17, 2018, 03:51:16 PM »
Many sceptics imply that every word and deed of the parents of a missing little girl are questionable, suspicious and at worst malicious.
She may have had the best of intentions but surely on arrival and seeing the parents had the support of friends and coupled with the fact she spoke no Portuguese, then in my opinion she should have wished them well and left.

She must have had cards with her ... she appears to have brought everything else.  Seeing that she was surplus to requirements on the morning of the 4th, it might have been appropriate to leave cards with them should they wish to contact her later on to avail themselves of her expert advice.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #188 on: November 17, 2018, 03:53:29 PM »
They seem good parents who made a wrong decision.
Many good parents have also made wrong decisions.

They put their own comfort and wellbeing above that of their children and it backfired on them.  Little wonder that they have spent the best part of eleven years trying to regain some honour and credibility imo.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #189 on: November 17, 2018, 03:59:09 PM »
They put their own comfort and wellbeing above that of their children and it backfired on them.  Little wonder that they have spent the best part of eleven years trying to regain some honour and credibility imo.

It backfired on Madeleine.
They are not the only parents who have at times made the wrongs decision for the wrong reasons.
You have no idea of how the McCanns are respected both within their community of friends, neighbours and colleagues.
Hopefully not everyone despises them as the Portuguese do.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #190 on: November 17, 2018, 04:16:00 PM »

That's just your opinion... As I have said before Gerry had a lot of support at the hospital and was well liked according to my son who studied medicine there... I think more people than you think have sympathy fir the whole family

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #191 on: November 17, 2018, 04:19:27 PM »
It backfired on Madeleine.
They are not the only parents who have at times made the wrongs decision for the wrong reasons.
You have no idea of how the McCanns are respected both within their community of friends, neighbours and colleagues.
Hopefully not everyone despises them as the Portuguese do.

It was catastrophic for Maddie. There can't be too many parents around who after losing a child in some mysterious disappearance are quite happy to let others do the searching for them while they carry on with building their own careers.

Is it little wonder that people believe the child dead when even her so-called loving parents behave in such a cold distancing manner?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #192 on: November 17, 2018, 04:29:53 PM »
It was catastrophic for Maddie. There can't be too many parents around who after losing a child in some mysterious disappearance are quite happy to let others do the searching for them while they carry on with building their own careers.

Is it little wonder that people believe the child dead when even her so-called loving parents behave in such a cold distancing manner?

The usual rant from you if you don't mind me saying so.
There's very little in your post which has any substance of credibility. I MO.
The use of "so called loving parents " is this implying Madeleine was never loved?

What career has Kate built?
Gerry was already pursuing a worthwhile career.
Do you believe he was wrong continuing with his career?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #193 on: November 17, 2018, 05:01:44 PM »
What was the other cite?
But Yvonne appears to be wary of one of those "friends".

Yvonne sees Kate very distraught.  She obviously believes Kate is the victim not the perpetrator.  Which is odd for later GA makes out Kate is guilty.
Yvonne wanted to talk privately with Kate inside the apartment.  Which apartment would that have been?  Were the PJ going to let them back inside 5A at the time?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #194 on: November 17, 2018, 05:37:13 PM »
But Yvonne appears to be wary of one of those "friends".

Yvonne sees Kate very distraught.  She obviously believes Kate is the victim not the perpetrator.  Which is odd for later GA makes out Kate is guilty.
Yvonne wanted to talk privately with Kate inside the apartment.  Which apartment would that have been?  Were the PJ going to let them back inside 5A at the time?

They had been provided with another apartment by that time - early hours of the morning, I think.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future