Author Topic: Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?  (Read 22797 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?
« Reply #195 on: November 17, 2018, 06:00:13 PM »
They had been provided with another apartment by that time - early hours of the morning, I think.
They had their apartment 5A, they had stayed in the Paynes apartment in the morning, and they had their new apartment 4G (IIRC).  It is not clear where Yvonne was intending to go.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #196 on: November 17, 2018, 06:16:44 PM »
They had their apartment 5A, they had stayed in the Paynes apartment in the morning, and they had their new apartment 4G (IIRC).  It is not clear where Yvonne was intending to go.

I don't suppose she would know where to go. other than where the activity appeared to be.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #197 on: November 17, 2018, 06:33:31 PM »
The usual rant from you if you don't mind me saying so.
There's very little in your post which has any substance of credibility. I MO.
The use of "so called loving parents " is this implying Madeleine was never loved?

What career has Kate built?
Gerry was already pursuing a worthwhile career.
Do you believe he was wrong continuing with his career?

Rant??

I believe I speak the truth.  GM has pursued his career instead of getting directly involved in a search for his daughter whom he still claims might be alive. He is quite happy to let others do the searching. What does that say about the doting father?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #198 on: November 17, 2018, 06:49:34 PM »
Rant??

I believe I speak the truth.  GM has pursued his career instead of getting directly involved in a search for his daughter whom he still claims might be alive. He is quite happy to let others do the searching. What does that say about the doting father?
How is a father to support his wife and family without a job, pray tell?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #199 on: November 17, 2018, 06:54:08 PM »
What can they do any way?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #200 on: November 17, 2018, 08:09:44 PM »
That wasn't a cite that was my opinion.

Here were my cites (without posts attached)

http://www.socialworker.com/feature-articles/practice/a-social-worker-s-thoughts-on-child-protection-social-work/

https://thefrontline.org.uk/2017/02/10/the-role-of-a-child-protection-social-worker/

Also I agree with jassi's post. She would only know the bare bones of the facts and wanted to give her expertise and help a family in distress.  It seems to me that many supporters are implying that she only went to Praia Da Luz to be at best nosey and at worse malicious.  I disagree, she went to help a family in distress.

So even at that stage ... prior to anyone having a clue what had become of Madeleine who might for all anyone knew be found that morning, bearing in mind that the GNR and whatever dogs they could muster probably were still hoping for that outcome ... the McCanns were being singled out for special treatment with their own personal social worker.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #201 on: November 17, 2018, 08:24:36 PM »
So even at that stage ... prior to anyone having a clue what had become of Madeleine who might for all anyone knew be found that morning, bearing in mind that the GNR and whatever dogs they could muster probably were still hoping for that outcome ... the McCanns were being singled out for special treatment with their own personal social worker.

There were some stranger reactions in my opinion;

But empathy for Mrs McCann and what she is going through was also in evidence. "I've been begging them to leave," said Tracey Warburton, from Birmingham, who travelled to the Algarve to join the search for Madeleine, in the early days of the inquiry, and who met Mr McCann in the process.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/the-homecoming-the-mccanns-return-to-britain-without-madeleine-401866.html

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #202 on: November 17, 2018, 08:24:47 PM »
Rant??

you BELIEVE you speak the truth...thats opinion and...imo..is not true

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #203 on: November 17, 2018, 09:05:26 PM »

I'm not suggesting he stops working but working to the exclusion of anything remotely associated with a personal search for his missing daughter is concerning.  He's always found time for litigation though, isn't that strange?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 09:08:33 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #204 on: November 17, 2018, 09:23:11 PM »
I'm not suggesting he stops working but working to the exclusion of anything remotely associated with a personal search for his missing daughter is concerning.  He's always found time for litigation though, isn't that strange?

to suggest gerry takes part in a personal search is ridiculous imo....

Offline jassi

« Reply #205 on: November 17, 2018, 09:26:38 PM »
Not as ridiculous as expecting others to do so - IMO
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #206 on: November 17, 2018, 09:35:26 PM »
Not as ridiculous as expecting others to do so - IMO

I think its far more ridiculous

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #207 on: November 17, 2018, 09:45:58 PM »

so which is more effective....Gerry searching...or SY investigating

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #208 on: November 17, 2018, 09:58:49 PM »
No, not really.  CN you explain what sort of searching you expect him to do exactly?  Fly over to Portugal on his days off and walk the streets?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Sunny

« Reply #209 on: November 17, 2018, 10:21:49 PM »

I think you make an unpleasant inferrance there Brietta.  Yvonne Martin was simply going to help a family in distress.  Nothing more, nothing less IMO.  Yourself and others have inferred she went there to interrogate them rather than simply help as much as she can. To do this she of course would need to ask some questions first so as to find out the facts.

She appears to be one of the people who would cross the street to help someone in distress.   Some on here apparently seem to think being a good samaritan is never of any use, perhaps they would cross the street to avoid someone in need.

Just my opinion of course.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!