Author Topic: Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?  (Read 22799 times)

Offline Sunny

Re: Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?
« Reply #240 on: November 18, 2018, 12:46:32 PM »
Gerry slept for about two hours that night, if that.  And it was pitch dark.  There was no one else out there searching because they were waiting until daylight.

Actually it was in David Payne's flat I believe.

There were street lights so I wouldn't describe it as pitch dark Eleanor.   Could you lie down and sleep if your child had been abducted or would you be running around the streets screaming her name.  Nothing would have stopped me doing that. 

Imagine every minute you do nothing, could be a minute she is suffering pain and fear and either dying or being taken further away from you.

Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #241 on: November 18, 2018, 12:48:10 PM »
Gerry slept for about two hours that night, if that.  And it was pitch dark.  There was no one else out there searching because they were waiting until daylight.

Actually it was in David Payne's flat I believe.
If you've ever searched for a missing child, you run one  way and all the time you are imagining the child is going in a differing direction.
So then you turn and go in that differing direction, all the time thinking you should have continued going your first route.
Headless chicken behaviour if you have not got many others helping.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 12:51:23 PM by Erngath »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #242 on: November 18, 2018, 12:57:10 PM »
There were street lights so I wouldn't describe it as pitch dark Eleanor.   Could you lie down and sleep if your child had been abducted or would you be running around the streets screaming her name.  Nothing would have stopped me doing that. 

Imagine every minute you do nothing, could be a minute she is suffering pain and fear and either dying or being taken further away from you.

It is quite normal to turn off the street lights in the middle of the night.

I'm really not sure what use it would have been to run around screaming in the pitch dark when already in a state of acute distress.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #243 on: November 18, 2018, 01:12:11 PM »
It's a nonsensical idea.
And if it is correct that and Kate and he are despised by the Portuguese, he is unlikely to receive any assistance from anyone.
I've yet to read any sensible Idea from sceptics as to where he should begin this search.

Why do you insist in posting that rubbish Ern, I have already posted a sensible idea?  A campaign based in Luz would have been easy to set up.  A central point where publicity could be generated while seeking any information on the missing child. They had plenty of money to do it and I'm quite sure that many volunteers would have come forward too. They could also have provided a reward based on getting the child or her remains back. It isn't rocket science!

Kate McCann had plenty time on her hands and could have spent much of it in Luz making people aware but they chose instead to try and destroy the policemen who originally investigated them. I cannot think of a more appropriate stance for someone who is wrongly accused than to face their accusers head on instead of scuttling off back to the UK.  The McCanns have done everything arse about face imo and I for one want to know why??
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 01:17:18 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #244 on: November 18, 2018, 01:20:27 PM »
Of course they were correct not to continue any conversation with her.
It was a matter for the police, not her.
What on earth was she going to do to help?
She couldn't speak Portuguese,.
It's utter nonsense to suggest she could offer any help except to wish them well.

She is English so was best placed to help.  But then again, Robert Murat also offered his help gratis and free of charge and look what happened to him.  False accusations by members of the tapas group.  In hindsight, Yvonne was probably lucky not to have been made an arguida too.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #245 on: November 18, 2018, 01:24:14 PM »
Why do you insist in posting that rubbish Ern, I have already posted a sensible idea?  A campaign based in Luz would have been easy to set up.  A central point where publicity could be generated while seeking any information on the missing child. They had plenty of money to do it and I'm quite sure that many volunteers would have come forward too. Kate McCann had plenty time on her hands and could have spent much of it in Luz making people aware but they chose instead to try and destroy the policemen who originally investigated them. I cannot think of a more appropriate stance for someone who is wrongly accused than to face their accusers head on I stead of scuttling off to the UK.

What rubbish?
The notion that they are despised by the entire nation of Portugal  was your rubbish of an idea.
And the rest of your post is your usual rubbishing of the parents of a missing little girl.
Are you seriously suggesting that the people of Luz were not totally aware that Madeleine was missing?
Are you seriously suggesting that anyone who had any information about Madeleine was not aware where to come forward to and impart this knowledge?

From day one her face was being televised globally.

And as for them choosing to destroy that man who in my opinion has attempted to destroy them and who in my opinion used the disappearance of a missing little girl for his own personal gain.
Words fail!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #246 on: November 18, 2018, 01:39:50 PM »
What rubbish?
The notion that they are despised by the entire nation of Portugal  was your rubbish of an idea.
And the rest of your post is your usual rubbishing of the parents of a missing little girl.
Are you seriously suggesting that the people of Luz were not totally aware that Madeleine was missing?
Are you seriously suggesting that anyone who had any information about Madeleine was not aware where to come forward to and impart this knowledge?

From day one her face was being televised globally.

And as for them choosing to destroy that man who in my opinion has attempted to destroy them and who in my opinion used the disappearance of a missing little girl for his own personal gain.
Words fail!

As usual you have skipped over the important points.  How many people in Praia da Luz know about Smithman or that he is unidentified and nobody appears too bothered?  I would have thought identifying Smithman and ruling him out if necessary was a basic starting point?

We know they tried to destroy Amaral, their paid honcho Correia boasted about it to reporters.

And is Maddie really missing?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 01:44:34 PM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #247 on: November 18, 2018, 01:46:21 PM »
As usual you have skipped over the important points.  How many people in Praia da Luz know about Smithman or that he is unidentified and nobody appears too bothered?  I would have thought identifying Smithman and ruling him out if necessary was a basic starting point?

We know they tried to destroy Amaral, their paid honcho Correia boasted about it to reporters. 😁

You have your opinion, I have mine and neither the two will ever meet.
It's a beautiful day here and we are heading out, a 45 minute drive to the Bonnie bonnie banks of Loch Lomond.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #248 on: November 18, 2018, 01:47:43 PM »
Of course they were correct not to continue any conversation with her.
It was a matter for the police, not her.
What on earth was she going to do to help?
She couldn't speak Portuguese,.
It's utter nonsense to suggest she could offer any help except to wish them well.

The McCanns couldn't speak Portuguese either so I think they would be open to anyone's help. Finding Madeleine should be the issue not them. If they act suspiciously expect it to come out.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #249 on: November 18, 2018, 02:47:20 PM »

We know they tried to destroy Amaral, their paid honcho Correia boasted about it to reporters.

And is Maddie really missing?

I've not seen any definitive proof of the allegation made re Correia ... does it exist?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #250 on: November 18, 2018, 04:34:51 PM »
What ways?  You don't actually mention that.

If Gerry went and started going door to door asking the locals for any sighting or information in the village of PdL and in the other nearby towns, I'd say it could generate a new lead.
 He would need to take someone who can speak Portuguese with him to interpret.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #251 on: November 18, 2018, 04:41:48 PM »
If Gerry went and started going door to door asking the locals for any sighting or information in the village of PdL and in the other nearby towns, I'd say it could generate a new lead.
I'm wondering if the PJ would allow while the case is still an active investigation in Portugal. 
Surely there is some allowance for the parents in missing child cases to make enquiries door to door.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #252 on: November 18, 2018, 04:48:16 PM »

Angelo has told us the entire portuguese nation despises the  mccanns...sil has told us they all think maddie is dead and the nmccanns are involved...its  a totally ridiculous idea imo...

Offline Brietta

« Reply #253 on: November 18, 2018, 04:51:54 PM »
I'm wondering if the PJ would allow while the case is still an active investigation in Portugal. 
Surely there is some allowance for the parents in missing child cases to make enquiries door to door.

Why would you think it would be appropriate for the parents of a missing child to make door to door enquiries while the Policia Judiciaria and Scotland Yard have an active investigation underway?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #254 on: November 18, 2018, 08:39:21 PM »
Why would you think it would be appropriate for the parents of a missing child to make door to door enquiries while the Policia Judiciaria and Scotland Yard have an active investigation underway?
Well they didn't object to the initial searches by the MW/OC employees. So why should they complain if that continued?
Moderation