Author Topic: Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?  (Read 22792 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?
« Reply #255 on: November 19, 2018, 01:39:21 AM »
Well they didn't object to the initial searches by the MW/OC employees. So why should they complain if that continued?

Did MW/OC employees carry out door to door enquiries of the holiday complex when they instituted the missing child protocols and continue doing so of transient holiday populations to the resort for eleven+ years?

Not forgetting ...
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #256 on: November 19, 2018, 04:25:05 AM »
Did MW/OC employees carry out door to door enquiries of the holiday complex when they instituted the missing child protocols and continue doing so of transient holiday populations to the resort for eleven+ years?

Not forgetting ...
We at least know of one visit that was to Jez Wilkins' place at 01.00 - 01.30 Hours on the 4th.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #257 on: November 19, 2018, 06:48:34 AM »
Why do you insist in posting that rubbish Ern, I have already posted a sensible idea?  A campaign based in Luz would have been easy to set up.  A central point where publicity could be generated while seeking any information on the missing child. They had plenty of money to do it and I'm quite sure that many volunteers would have come forward too. They could also have provided a reward based on getting the child or her remains back. It isn't rocket science!

Kate McCann had plenty time on her hands and could have spent much of it in Luz making people aware but they chose instead to try and destroy the policemen who originally investigated them. I cannot think of a more appropriate stance for someone who is wrongly accused than to face their accusers head on instead of scuttling off back to the UK.  The McCanns have done everything arse about face imo and I for one want to know why??
Could you elaborate on this “central point where publicity could be generated while seeking any information on the missing child” please?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Sunny

« Reply #258 on: November 19, 2018, 07:01:45 AM »
We at least know of one visit that was to Jez Wilkins' place at 01.00 - 01.30 Hours on the 4th.

Jez Wilkins offered to help but was told there was no need. I find that strange TBH.

After having gone to sleep on the 3rd of May, we were woken around 01H30 by the manager of the resort, John Hill and by a friend of Gerry's. It was them who told me what had happened. I did not see or hear anything else than what has been stated in this statement. I did not take part in any searches. I offered my help but it was not necessary.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JEREMY-WILKINS-ROGATORY.htm

Jez also turned down the offer of attending a reconstruction because he wanted to avoid press intrusion into his life, yet his wife wrote an article in the      about "my months with Madeleine" Again very strange IMO.

Jez Wilkins
I spoke with the police for a long time regarding this topic. I had some reservation about the press' intrusion onto my personal life and the hurt that resulted.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/dec/14/ukcrime.madeleinemccann
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #259 on: November 19, 2018, 07:11:20 AM »
Perhaps we should have a new thread on the “very strange” behaviour of the Wilkins, eh?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #260 on: November 19, 2018, 09:04:31 AM »
If you like. It'll make a change from dogs.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #261 on: November 19, 2018, 09:29:45 AM »
To be effective in Portugal he would need to learn Portuguese as well.
Why?
What's up, old man?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #262 on: November 19, 2018, 10:11:17 AM »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #263 on: November 19, 2018, 10:20:22 AM »
to communicate with the locals.
Do you mean the locals in Luz?
What's up, old man?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #264 on: November 19, 2018, 10:23:34 AM »
Do you mean the locals in Luz?
Luz, Lagos and other villages close by as I have already said.
Moderation

Offline Brietta

« Reply #265 on: November 19, 2018, 10:35:57 AM »
Jez Wilkins offered to help but was told there was no need. I find that strange TBH.

After having gone to sleep on the 3rd of May, we were woken around 01H30 by the manager of the resort, John Hill and by a friend of Gerry's. It was them who told me what had happened. I did not see or hear anything else than what has been stated in this statement. I did not take part in any searches. I offered my help but it was not necessary.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JEREMY-WILKINS-ROGATORY.htm

Jez also turned down the offer of attending a reconstruction because he wanted to avoid press intrusion into his life, yet his wife wrote an article in the      about "my months with Madeleine" Again very strange IMO.

Jez Wilkins
I spoke with the police for a long time regarding this topic. I had some reservation about the press' intrusion onto my personal life and the hurt that resulted.

How bizarre you should presume to deny a wife's independence of thought from her husband's ... your post denotes a rather outmoded attitude I would say.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #266 on: November 19, 2018, 10:49:29 AM »

How bizarre you should presume to deny a wife's independence of thought from her husband's ... your post denotes a rather outmoded attitude I would say.
I would have preferred that Jez and Bridget had made separate statements rather than joint statements.
Moderation

Offline Brietta

« Reply #267 on: November 19, 2018, 11:27:05 AM »
I would have preferred that Jez and Bridget had made separate statements rather than joint statements.

Jes was a witness ... Bridget wasn't, short of confirming that Jes was walking to settle his son.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #268 on: November 19, 2018, 01:06:32 PM »
Jes was a witness ... Bridget wasn't, short of confirming that Jes was walking to settle his son.

Actually you are incorrect Brietta.  Bridget was a witness to John Hill and Matthew Oldfield's visit to their apartment around 1am on the 4th May 2007.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Brietta

« Reply #269 on: November 19, 2018, 02:31:05 PM »
Actually you are incorrect Brietta.  Bridget was a witness to John Hill and Matthew Oldfield's visit to their apartment around 1am on the 4th May 2007.

Bridget did not know who was at the door or their purpose ... she did not see or identify anyone ... again Jes was the witness ... but what significance do you attach to the fact the alarm was being raised after all the Moyes are on record as being similarly awoken?

Snip
At 1am there was a frantic banging on our door. Jes got up to answer. I stayed listening in the dark. I knew it was bad; it could only be bad. I heard male mumbling, then Jes's voice. "You're joking?" he said. It wasn't the words, it was the tone that made me flinch. He came back in to the room. "Gerry's daughter's been abducted," he said. "She ..." I jumped up and went to check our children. They were there.

Snip
We were woken up at half past eleven at night by one of the friends of the McCanns to say 'a little girl' had 'been abducted'; those... those were the words used. So, we got dressed and joined in the search, we were out until about four in the morning with, oooh… about, I don't know, thirty people... thirty other people, maybe. The Mark Warner team were out, errm... and other guests at the Ocean Club.
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/id52.htm