Author Topic: Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?  (Read 22799 times)

Offline Sunny

Re: Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily?
« Reply #270 on: November 19, 2018, 04:04:25 PM »
Bridget did not know who was at the door or their purpose ... she did not see or identify anyone ... again Jes was the witness ... but what significance do you attach to the fact the alarm was being raised after all the Moyes are on record as being similarly awoken?

Snip
At 1am there was a frantic banging on our door. Jes got up to answer. I stayed listening in the dark. I knew it was bad; it could only be bad. I heard male mumbling, then Jes's voice. "You're joking?" he said. It wasn't the words, it was the tone that made me flinch. He came back in to the room. "Gerry's daughter's been abducted," he said. "She ..." I jumped up and went to check our children. They were there.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/dec/14/ukcrime.madeleinemccann

Snip
We were woken up at half past eleven at night by one of the friends of the McCanns to say 'a little girl' had 'been abducted'; those... those were the words used. So, we got dressed and joined in the search, we were out until about four in the morning with, oooh… about, I don't know, thirty people... thirty other people, maybe. The Mark Warner team were out, errm... and other guests at the Ocean Club.
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/id52.htm

She was awoken in the night and heard a conversation going on between her husband and others. Therefore she was a witness.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #271 on: November 19, 2018, 04:24:12 PM »
She was awoken in the night and heard a conversation going on between her husband and others. Therefore she was a witness.

But she didn't give a statement.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #272 on: November 19, 2018, 04:46:36 PM »
Jes was a witness ... Bridget wasn't, short of confirming that Jes was walking to settle his son.
What they did, what time he left, what she did while he was away, what time he got back.

It is common place to interview witnesses separately then compare the two statements.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #273 on: November 19, 2018, 04:50:00 PM »
What they did, what time he left, what she did while he was away, what time he got back.

It is common place to interview witnesses separately then compare the two statements.

She could confirm what he had said and at what time they got the knock on the door.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #274 on: November 19, 2018, 04:53:37 PM »
But she didn't give a statement.
There are statements in her name jointly with Jez Wilkins.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #275 on: November 19, 2018, 04:55:54 PM »
There are statements in her name jointly with Jez Wilkins.

I don't think that will do.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #276 on: November 19, 2018, 05:20:43 PM »
I don't think that will do.
Who knows the law on this?
Moderation

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #277 on: November 19, 2018, 05:35:03 PM »
Who knows the law on this?

No two people appear in The Witness Box together.

PS.  Did they both sign whatever it was?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #278 on: November 19, 2018, 05:43:00 PM »
No two people appear in The Witness Box together.

PS.  Did they both sign whatever it was?

That is not a statement as such but the officer's notes, but the officer notes he talked to both of them (Jez and Bridget).
Moderation

Offline Brietta

« Reply #279 on: November 19, 2018, 06:26:02 PM »
She could confirm what he had said and at what time they got the knock on the door.

Hearsay.

But why on earth do you consider it to be of any import?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Sunny

« Reply #280 on: November 19, 2018, 06:28:52 PM »
Hearsay.

But why on earth do you consider it to be of any import?

Who can say if it wasn't of importance. I have already said I wonder why Jez Wilkins offer to help searching was turned down.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #281 on: November 19, 2018, 06:33:41 PM »
Who can say if it wasn't of importance. I have already said I wonder why Jez Wilkins offer to help searching was turned down.
Had John Hill or Matthew Oldfield mentioned this event in their statements then we could get confirmation of the offer.
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #282 on: November 19, 2018, 08:18:34 PM »

His wife could have helped him to narrow down the time he spoke to Gerry McCann. If, as he testified, he went straight back to his apartment then his arrival time was of interest.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #283 on: November 20, 2018, 01:37:26 AM »
His wife could have helped him to narrow down the time he spoke to Gerry McCann. If, as he testified, he went straight back to his apartment then his arrival time was of interest.
And if he didn't go straight back what did he do?
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #284 on: November 20, 2018, 08:59:37 AM »
And if he didn't go straight back what did he do?

As it stands he spoke to Gerry McCann between 8.45 and 9.15. As such, there is no independent witness to the time of Gerry's  presence near 5A.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0