Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 242212 times)

Offline The General

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #3060 on: May 13, 2019, 10:40:07 AM »
Were we meant to share.
Don't think it's possible.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline The General

« Reply #3061 on: May 13, 2019, 10:49:30 AM »
I wonder why the broadcaster who became famous in the lexicon of sceptic belief has fallen out of favour ... maybe something to do with throwing a spanner into it all by going internationally public with the accusation that Amaral lied to her about the dog evidence used to accuse the McCanns.

Now that really flies in the face of the sceptic belief that the perjurer, Amaral ...
  • is an honourable man despite being caught out in a Portuguese court and in the court of public opinion telling life changing whoppers
  • that while "dogs don't lie" (they've not met mine) ... humans are capable of misinterpreting what they are saying and despite the caveats of the dog owner put their own particular spin on it.
    In this instance the lie forcefully complained of was used to incriminate innocents in a criminal act and to destroy their reputations.
    I don't think it comes much more serious than that.
I think you give her too much credit. She is just another bit part player in this ongoing saga, along with many other people. The fact that she has performed such a dramatic volte face says more about her as a person than it does the facts, you know, post the nice, little payout from Netflix....cherrr ching.

Offline barrier

« Reply #3062 on: May 13, 2019, 10:51:23 AM »
Don't think it's possible.

I meant the link.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #3063 on: May 13, 2019, 10:52:23 AM »
Can you share a downloaded book?

I'm sure some knowledgeable chap would know how to do it.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3064 on: May 13, 2019, 11:06:43 AM »
I think you give her too much credit. She is just another bit part player in this ongoing saga, along with many other people. The fact that she has performed such a dramatic volte face says more about her as a person than it does the facts, you know, post the nice, little payout from Netflix....cherrr ching.

Why was she a poster girl for sceptics for so long if 'she is just another bit player' ?  You can't have it both ways and I'm not too sure she did do a 'volte face' as I am sure I have seen her dismay at being lied to alleged on fora from quite some time back.

Might I remind you that Amaral benefited from the Netflix "cherr ching" along with everyone else ... if he thought that was a damage limitation exercise ... it failed miserably.  I think until he drops that body language thing of sliding out his words from the side of his mouth appearing on television is counter productive.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline The General

« Reply #3065 on: May 13, 2019, 11:17:43 AM »
Why was she a poster girl for sceptics for so long if 'she is just another bit player' ?  You can't have it both ways and I'm not too sure she did do a 'volte face' as I am sure I have seen her dismay at being lied to alleged on fora from quite some time back.

Might I remind you that Amaral benefited from the Netflix "cherr ching" along with everyone else ... if he thought that was a damage limitation exercise ... it failed miserably.  I think until he drops that body language thing of sliding out his words from the side of his mouth appearing on television is counter productive.
The sooner everyone comes to terms with the fact that this is an ephemeral cottage industry, the better. Of course they're all at it, all of the current talking heads - Sutton, Amaral, Sandra, the McKenzie, anyone else they care to roll out. It's a cracking little earner for all concerned. And what better way to stay in the game than to swap sides occasionally and supply some dirt?
As for 'damage limitation'...I doubt that very much. The man is picking through the rubble still. I doubt his ego is calling the shots - his bank manager will be though.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 11:25:31 AM by Brietta »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #3066 on: May 13, 2019, 12:15:55 PM »
The sooner everyone comes to terms with the fact that this is an ephemeral cottage industry, the better. Of course they're all at it, all of the current talking heads - Sutton, Amaral, Sandra, the McKenzie, anyone else they care to roll out. It's a cracking little earner for all concerned. And what better way to stay in the game than to swap sides occasionally and supply some dirt?
As for 'damage limitation'...I doubt that very much. The man is picking through the rubble still. I doubt his ego is calling the shots - his bank manager will be though.

That would make an excellent new thread, Maddie...a cottage industry?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #3067 on: May 13, 2019, 12:22:41 PM »
That would make an excellent new thread, Maddie...a cottage industry?

yes it  would  poor maddie was used for money by many people including her parents  imo

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3068 on: May 13, 2019, 10:18:15 PM »
Well I only read three paragraphs of the preface of this Reis book, came across this sentence and that to,d me all I need to know about it.  A load of hogwash, in short,

“Someone has already said that the truth of those parents has more force than the truth revealed by the "Messiahs" of monotheistic religions, Christians, Jews or Muslims”.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3069 on: May 14, 2019, 12:27:36 AM »
Well I only read three paragraphs of the preface of this Reis book, came across this sentence and that to,d me all I need to know about it.  A load of hogwash, in short,

“Someone has already said that the truth of those parents has more force than the truth revealed by the "Messiahs" of monotheistic religions, Christians, Jews or Muslims”.
Why would that sentence put you off what Reis has to say.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3070 on: May 14, 2019, 07:15:02 AM »
Why would that sentence put you off what Reis has to say.
Because it is complete hyperbolic nonsense.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3071 on: May 14, 2019, 08:17:56 AM »

The apotheosis of kate and gerry McCann

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3072 on: May 14, 2019, 08:24:02 AM »

Some may dispute that reading here.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3073 on: May 14, 2019, 08:35:09 AM »
Because it is complete hyperbolic nonsense.
hyperbolic

adjective
relating to a hyperbola.
(of language) deliberately exaggerated.

I thought you supported Kate.  I think Kate was telling the truth through and through.  Because it is so current and we can see her lips moving I would agree with more "force than the truth revealed by the "Messiahs" of monotheistic religions, Christians, Jews or Muslims”
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3074 on: May 14, 2019, 08:38:11 AM »
apotheosis

noun
the highest point in the development of something; a culmination or climax.
"his appearance as Hamlet was the apotheosis of his career"
synonyms:   culmination, climax, crowning moment, peak, pinnacle, summit, zenith, apex, acme, apogee, high point, highest point, height, high water mark
"his appearance as Hamlet was the apotheosis of his career"
the elevation of someone to divine status.
"death spared Pompey the task of having to account for the apotheosis of Caesar"

I don't know if I would go that far, just yet.
Moderation