Author Topic: What was the point of the arguido questions asked of Kate and Gerry McCann?  (Read 20683 times)

Offline Carana

I agree with G-Unit that some of those questions were probably inspired by the diary.

There were supposedly a couple of entries in her diary about one or the other of the twins having a meltdown after their normal bedtime. I presume that that was in the upheaval after Madeleine disappeared. I don't see anything particularly odd about noting the odd toddler bedtime tantrum as part of a recap of the day. This evidently got leaked and got morphed into her being unable to cope with her kids (in general).

Kate McCann was obsessed with getting her children to sleep, 11 September 2008
Antena3

Espejo Público
Madrid, 11.09.2008 | 11:39 h.
Thanks to 'ines' for translation

snip
A mother obsessed by her children's sleep, noted in expressions such as these: "Sean slept with us for most of the night after half an hour of hysteria at 12.30". Or on another page: "I tried to take Sean and Amelie to bed at 9.30, but it became very late again, especially with Amelie".

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/id166.htm

The only thing that comes to mind about supposedly wanting to hand custody of M over to a relative, might also have come from the diary, if Kate had mentioned applying to the UK Family Court re the Ward of Court application process. I find it quite likely that the PJ just assumed that it must have been for adoption or a custody dispute, as opposed to seeking the court's assistance to bring her back home if she were found abroad.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 09:51:26 AM by Carana »

Offline John

Warning to all posters:

As we approach the Easter weekend I want to make it very clear that continued disruptive behaviour will NOT be tolerated, sanctions will be applied where necessary. As a sign of goodwill however ahead of the holidays, I am revoking all warning points.

Moderators are expected to lead by example but should those moderating skills fall short of what is expected, permissions will be revoked.

Have a great Easter everyone but please keep the above in mind before commenting.

A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Lace

Indeed! And it was interesting that Kate refused to answer such questions, and one has to wonder why?

leaving no stone unturned one would have thought  the inconvenience of being questioned during a stressful time, would be worth it to be ruled out as a suspect and for the PJ to then direct another theory. IMO

Stressed?   I think Kate was a bit more than stressed.    I wonder what you would do if you had been in her shoes.   Kate had already been questioned for hours,   the PJ more or less accused her of having something to do with Madeleine's disappearance.   They said they had evidence.   What state would you be in I wonder?   In a foreign country being accused of lying about her daughter's disappearance and being accused of hiding her body.  I think I would definately listen to my lawyer,   say nothing,   then nothing can be twisted against me.   If Kate had been arrested,  no one would be looking for Madeleine,   everyone would believe what the PJ had said. IMO

Offline G-Unit

Stressed?   I think Kate was a bit more than stressed.    I wonder what you would do if you had been in her shoes.   Kate had already been questioned for hours,   the PJ more or less accused her of having something to do with Madeleine's disappearance.   They said they had evidence.   What state would you be in I wonder?   In a foreign country being accused of lying about her daughter's disappearance and being accused of hiding her body.  I think I would definately listen to my lawyer,   say nothing,   then nothing can be twisted against me.   If Kate had been arrested,  no one would be looking for Madeleine,   everyone would believe what the PJ had said. IMO

"I wonder what you would do if you had been in her shoes"

« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 12:45:01 PM by John »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Lace

I put IMO after my post.

So,   in your opinion,  Kate should have answered the questions?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 12:17:01 PM by Brietta »

Offline G-Unit

I put IMO after my post.

So,   in your opinion,  Kate should have answered the questions?

So the whole post was just your opinion, including the bit about 'her shoes'? As we don't know what being in 'her shoes' means, how can we say how we would have reacted?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 12:17:39 PM by Brietta »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Lace

So the whole post was just your opinion, including the bit about 'her shoes'? As we don't know what being in 'her shoes' means, how can we say how we would have reacted?

Everyone's posts are their opinion.

You can imagine what it was like for Kate surely 'put yourself in her shoes'  as the saying goes.    Imagine being questioned for hours,  accused,   told they had evidence of your child being dead,  that they wanted you to confess, and then ask why Kate didn't answer the questions.    IMO

Offline Angelo222

I sometimes wonder if she was more concerned with being prosecuted for neglect resulting in her being struck off as a doctor or her missing child?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Lace

I sometimes wonder if she was more concerned with being prosecuted for neglect resulting in her being struck off as a doctor or her missing child?

Kate was being accused of lying to the Police Angelo,   they had admitted they had left the children alone, and if they had been prosecuted then the rest of the friends should have been too.

Kate was being accused of hiding Madeleine's body,  she was told they had proof that Madeleine was dead.  They were hoping for a confession IMO.

Offline Robittybob1

That would be a double blow - missing child and being struck off.  Anyone would try and prevent that IMO.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Angelo222

That would be a double blow - missing child and being struck off.  Anyone would try and prevent that IMO.

If you had accidentally killed your child do you really think that at that moment in time you would give a toss about a career?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Robittybob1

If you had accidentally killed your child do you really think that at that moment in time you would give a toss about a career?
Time of the arguido questions  is 4 months later. IMO  Immediately you might be thinking the child will be found and I don't want to be struck off. 
If in the unlikely event she had accidentally killed her child, she would think "that really wasn't my fault and I don't want to be struck off for an accident".
Being struck off might always be a consideration.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

Gerry's arguido questions:
I am curious as to how one line of text disappears from the document  Line 65 is blank yet the water mark shows through so it is not blanked out by obscuring it.

There isn't much evidence of the questions that were actually asked but they could be similar to the ones Kate was asked if they were relevant to Gerry.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 10:54:22 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

Gerry's arguido questions:
Several times I get the sense that Gerry is using the question answer time to turn against the PJ investigation.

"--- When questioned he says that he did not request a priest, but to Kate to seek spiritual help."

Gerry emphasising the spiritual help aspect.  What's wrong with that?  He is basically questioning them.

"--- Regarding the disclosure of Madeleine's photograph, he says that he gave the authorities a photograph from a digital camera, and he thinks it was Russell who printed it at the main 24-hour reception of the complex. He made the delivery thereof, or of these pictures on A4 paper to the Police, and he is sure he never delivered any of these photographs to GNR."

Did the GNR end up with some of the photos printed off by Russell?

I like this answer:  "-- When questioned if the twins woke while the apartment was being searched, he replies negatively. When they were taken to another apartment he does not know if they woke as he did not take them. When asked, he says that this was not normal, and can find no reason for it happening. He still thought at this moment that the twins might have been drugged by the possible abductor, even if he only mentioned this to the Police several days later.
The PJ would not have liked that answer.  The PJ keep trying to make out the McCanns only requested drug sampling to be done at a much later stage.

Snap:  "When questioned, he says he never gave his children anything to help them sleep, nor did Kate."  Snap.

The PJ really fail on this question too: "When asked why he did not ask the twins what happened to their sister, he says that when the events took place they still did not speak fluently, which is now a normal developmental difficulty. At this point he did not ask them because he thought that they would not have the correct perception of what had happened, in addition to thinking that they would have been sleeping."

Next question was also a fail:  "--- When asked why instead of scouring the land next to the complex they stayed inside the apartment, he replies that it did not happen that way."

Why didn't they persist with this line of inquiry?  "--- When asked about the contents of the wardrobe in his room that can be seen in the photographs, he says that on top is a suitcase and below a pile of dirty clothes that he cannot make out. This wardrobe was opened to look for Madeleine."

Well anyone can see it is a suitcase, but who's suitcase was it?  Did anyone look inside of it?  Did they take this suitcase away at some later stage? When?
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

Gerry's arguido questions:  Pretty sensible answers on the whole.

"--- When asked if in fact they went to the apartment every half hour, he says it is true, and that this was never created to justify absences during dinner.
--- When asked what the expression 'we let her down' means, he says that it has to do with the fact that they were not present when Madeleine was abducted. It was Kate who first used this expression.

There seemed to be only one question that really threw him:  "--- When asked if on any occasion Madeleine was injured, he says that he has no comments." 
Toward the end of the interview he is asked this again: "-- The lawyer for the defence says he wishes the arguido to be asked again if Madeleine bled. To which he said it was common for Madeleine to have nosebleeds. He says that he doesn't know if in fact his daughter bled while on holiday in Portugal because he does not want to be influenced by the news in the Press, regarding the detection of human blood in the apartment where his daughter disappeared."
I don't quite follow his reasoning there.  Is he saying he does want to agree with the Press just because of what they have reported.
Moderation