Author Topic: The DNA evidence did not link Madeleine to the Renault Scenic  (Read 2801 times)

debunker

The DNA evidence failed to link Madeleine to the Renault Scenic.

Are we agreed on that?

debunker

Re: The DNA evidence did not link Madeleine to the Renault Scenic
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 12:17:18 PM »
Surprised that no-one wants to discuss this.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 01:29:06 PM »

Nothing to say.  What you say is true.

Offline John

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 02:01:08 PM »

Are we agreed on that?

I might not be well read up on the Madeleine case but from what I have seen there is no DNA connection between the latterly rented hire car and Maddie.  I am quite prepared to be corrected on this if I am wrong??
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

debunker

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 02:19:25 PM »

Are we agreed on that?

I might not be well read up on the Madeleine case but from what I have seen there is no DNA connection between the latterly rented hire car and Maddie.  I am quite prepared to be corrected on this if I am wrong??

It's complicated.

What was recovered from theScenic was a mixture of 3 to 5 persons incomplete  DNA. 15 alleles that Madeleine had were identifiedout of some 40 alleles overall. This is notthesame as identifying an unmixedsample. Even withoutthecomplication ofsome of the samplespossibly being from parents or siblings,  thewaythat LCNDNA works mean thatanysuchrandom mixture from any 3 to 5 westerneuropeans would be 50/50 likely toshow 15aleles in common.

So manymyths are based ongross ignorance andwilful misunderstandings.

debunker

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 03:52:34 PM »
So we all agree? No trace of Madeleine's DNA in the scenic!

Surprised the lurking [ censored word] seem to accept this contention when faced with fair moderation.

Offline gilet

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 12:17:18 AM »
Having recently read the reports I would agree with this. It is perfectly clear there was no confirmation from DNA that Madeleine had ever been in that car.

I am also surprised that nobody has tried to offer opposing evidence as there certainly some people like Hideho who make the claim that there was confirmation.

Perhaps they simply do not have any evidence for their claims and are simply repeating the false media claims made in the summer of 2007 before the media and public had access to the actual forensic reports? Perhaps it does not suit their agenda to bring themselves up to date.

It reminds me of the fact that they cannot get beyond the Almeida report and completely ignore the report which subsumed that one and declared that there was no evidence against the McCanns. Again they are simply choosing the evidence that suits them and ignoring later developments.

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2019, 04:45:55 PM »
Having recently read the reports I would agree with this. It is perfectly clear there was no confirmation from DNA that Madeleine had ever been in that car.

I am also surprised that nobody has tried to offer opposing evidence as there certainly some people like Hideho who make the claim that there was confirmation.

Perhaps they simply do not have any evidence for their claims and are simply repeating the false media claims made in the summer of 2007 before the media and public had access to the actual forensic reports? Perhaps it does not suit their agenda to bring themselves up to date.

It reminds me of the fact that they cannot get beyond the Almeida report and completely ignore the report which subsumed that one and declared that there was no evidence against the McCanns. Again they are simply choosing the evidence that suits them and ignoring later developments.

I think the point is that it was inconclusive. The DNA might be from MM but it might not. The FSS say the results are "too complex for meaningful interpretation". However, even the FSS don't make the claim that debunker is making and state that we can rule out a connection between MM and the hire car.