Author Topic: Threatening letter sent to Scots author Paul Harrison ahead of book release.  (Read 45534 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

'You are being watched' Mass killer's chilling threat to Scots author Harrison

Express
19 October 2014

A SCOTS author writing a book about one of Britain's worst mass murders has been warned the killer will have him "destroyed" from behind bars.

Paul Harrison received a spine-chilling letter at his remote home in Orkney from a supporter of notorious gunman Jeremy Bamber, suggesting he was being "watched".

Last night, Mr Harrison said he believes Bamber himself is behind the threat, having manipulated one of his "disciples" into sending the sinister message.

The 53-year-old was given five life sentences for shooting dead his adopted parents June and Nevill, sister Sheila Caffell and her six-year-old twin sons Daniel and Nicholas in Essex in 1985.

Bamber has since been told he will never be released from jail, despite his insistence that Ms Caffell carried out the murders and then turned the gun on herself.

Mr Harrison said he began researching the case suspecting there may have been a miscarriage of justice but has since come to the conclusion that the police got the right man.

The anonymous letter - written with a typewriter and posted in Essex last month - warns: "Jeremy is close to getting out now and he will not allow you to harm or deny him the opportunity to gain the freedom he deserves.

"He may still be inside but Mr super cop he's still a powerful man and ... he is influential with people outside who he will have destroy you and whatever claims you try to make in your book or anyone else that obstructs his path to freedom come to that.

"We will make sure he gets his way and do what it takes so back off, Jeremy's going to get you."

The Criminal Cases Review Commission - the justice watchdog for England, Wales and Northern Ireland - is considering a third bid for an appeal, based on new claims of contaminated evidence.

But Mr Harrison said his book will "finally bring closure" and prove Bamber's guilt beyond doubt when it is published ahead of the 30th anniversary of the slayings next August.

However, the letter was just one of a number of disturbing events to have taken place since he began investigating the case - a pattern that escalated after he stopped corresponding with Bamber in Full Sutton prison in Yorkshire.

These include somebody hacking into his computer and a malicious rumour circulated on the Internet that he had died.

Mr Harrison was also contacted by a woman who works for an Essex-based firm which publishes magazines for the public sector, including one called Counter-Terror Business aimed at the police, the military and the intelligence services.

She offered to give him access to a database of over 100,000 email addresses, including potentially sensitive contacts within the Home Office and other government departments.

However, Mr Harrison said he became suspicious and contacted the woman's employers - PSI Ltd - to alert them to a potential breach of security.

You dodged one bullet but keep checking over your shoulder, Jeremy is still watching you and is waiting

A line in the letter

One week later, the letter arrived at his home on the sparsely populated island of Sanday. One of the lines reads: "You dodged one bullet but keep checking over your shoulder, Jeremy is still watching you and is waiting.

"You see how we are working with the public sector to support Jeremy Bamber."

Mr Harrison said he discussed the letter with a contact in Police Scotland but decided against making an official complaint because he "knew the investigation wouldn't get anywhere".

He added: "Having studied and worked within psychological and criminal profiling since the late 1980s, I know how the criminal mind works. Jeremy Bamber may be incarcerated within Full Sutton prison but he still manipulates and has disciples committed to helping him in any way they can.

"Without any doubt, I wouldn't be ordinary if I didn't admit to feeling unnerved to receive such a threatening missive, especially since the connotations have such serious consequences.

"I feel violated by the unwanted intrusion and threats but will not desist in my pursuance of putting the truth of what actually happened at White House Farm in the public domain, it may not make palatable reading for all but it will finally bring closure to the case for all involved."

The letter names barrister Neil Bellis as one of Jeremy's "protectors" but last night he said he was shocked by the fact that he had been highlighted in this way.

He said: "All I am is a volunteer administrator on the Jeremy Bamber forum, I've had some contact with Jeremy but I'm not on the campaign team and I've never acted for him in a legal capacity.

"It is a ridiculous letter to have sent. The problem is the case does attract some people who can be quite fanatical and somebody has taken it personally and decided to have a go at him.

"I would say that Paul Harrison has done his research and it has led him in a particular direction and everybody ought to wait to read his book."

Clive Beer, business development director of PSI Ltd, added that the employee who offered to give Mr Harrison 100,000 public sector email addresses had been "severely rebuked" and was "hanging on to her job by a thread".

He said: "She was trying to help him along and became slightly overzealous. She is a sales agent and has no access to any of our database information. All of the emails are in the public domain."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/524489/Mass-killer-Jeremy-Bamber-s-threat-to-Scots-author-Harrison

« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 05:44:07 PM by John »
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline ActualMat

It also speaks about Jackie.

"Mr Harrison was also contacted by a woman who works for an Essex-based firm which publishes magazines for the public sector, including one called Counter-Terror Business aimed at the police, the military and the intelligence services.

She offered to give him access to a database of over 100,000 email addresses, including potentially sensitive contacts within the Home Office and other government departments"

Offline ActualMat

NGB comments.

The letter names barrister Neil Bellis as one of Jeremy's "protectors" but last night he said he was shocked by the fact that he had been highlighted in this way.

He said: "All I am is a volunteer administrator on the Jeremy Bamber forum, I've had some contact with Jeremy but I'm not on the campaign team and I've never acted for him in a legal capacity.

"It is a ridiculous letter to have sent. The problem is the case does attract some people who can be quite fanatical and somebody has taken it personally and decided to have a go at him.

"I would say that Paul Harrison has done his research and it has led him in a particular direction and everybody ought to wait to read his book."

Offline ActualMat

Jackie's boss.

"Clive Beer, business development director of PSI Ltd, added that the employee who offered to give Mr Harrison 100,000 public sector email addresses had been "severely rebuked" and was "hanging on to her job by a thread".

He said: "She was trying to help him along and became slightly overzealous. She is a sales agent and has no access to any of our database information. All of the emails are in the public domain."

Offline ActualMat

Now who do we know that lives in ESSEX?? And would send this letter.

If  I  was NGB I'd be f..king fuming.

Offline Holly Goodhead

I think Paul Harrison should have made a formal complaint to the police so that the matter could be properly investigated.  Surely this is a very serious matter.  A letter turning up at the home of an author making threats over a convicted mass murderer serving life.  Really this should be thoroughly investigated and charges brought if applicable.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

If  I  was NGB I'd be f.....g fuming.

I bet it was the one that sent you dirty pm's.  She lived in Essex  8(0(*

Offline John

If  I  was NGB I'd be f.....g fuming.

Well well, no guesses who actually sent this letter from Essex...what a chump!   @)(++(*
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline ActualMat

No guesses who actually sent this letter...what a chump!   @)(++(*

Blues don't believe it was Jackie. It must have been another Bamber supporter that fell out with MD that lives in Essex and campaigns against people who diss Bamber.

Offline John

I think Paul Harrison should have made a formal complaint to the police so that the matter could be properly investigated.  Surely this is a very serious matter.  A letter turning up at the home of an author making threats over a convicted mass murderer serving life.  Really this should be thoroughly investigated and charges brought if applicable.

Absolutely Holly, this is an extremely serious matter and I bet Neil is indeed fuming.   @)(++(*

Another clue, who lives in Essex and who's favourite boast is, "Jeremy's getting out soon..."   
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 03:34:26 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Caroline

I bet it was the one that sent you dirty pm's.  She lived in Essex  8(0(*

Could well be, perhaps you should report her?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 03:35:17 PM by John »

Offline Holly Goodhead

Could well be, perhaps you should report her?

I think Paul Harrison should pursue the matter with the police.  I do not understand why he is not doing so.  I don't think it's something the police would/could brush off easily.  There are all sorts of cranks and nutters out there.  I have no idea of PH's family set up but if he has a wife and/or children living with him they could also be targeted.

I'm not so sure anyone sending such a letter would be daft enough to send it from their own postal code area. 

Sadly this case gets completely out of control at times.   
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 01:23:40 PM by John »

Offline Caroline

I think Paul Harrison should pursue the matter with the police.  I do not understand why he is not doing so.  I don't think it's something the police would/could brush off easily.  There are all sorts of cranks and nutters out there.  I have no idea of PH's family set up but if he has a wife and/or children living with him they could also be targeted.

I'm not so sure anyone sending such a letter would be daft enough to send it from their own postal code area.

Sadly this case gets completely out of control at times.

I agree!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 01:24:00 PM by John »

Offline sika

Some people will do anything for a bit of publicity!  Mountains & molehills?

So it's taken this bloke nearly 30 years to work out that Bamber is indeed, guilty.  Well done mate!

On another note...I seem to remember Preece stating that she had the full backing of her employer, when she made the offer of help to Harrison.

Offline John

Lets have a look thru the keyhole and see what comes up. 

A female employee of Essex-based publisher PSI Ltd., Loughton, who just happens to be an avid Jeremy Bamber supporter offers to provide author Paul Harrison access to a database of over 100,000 email addresses including potentially sensitive contacts within the Home Office and other government departments.  This was undoubtedly done on the basis that these contacts might have been useful to him as he was writing a book which challenged Jeremy Bamber's conviction.

However, this all changed when Harrison, having investigated the case in some detail, came to realise that Bamber's conviction is in fact sound. Somebody must have been really pissed at this having put her job on the line to help Harrison.

Last month Harrison received a letter at his remote home on the Orkney Island of Sanday in which several threats were made against him if he harmed Bambers chances of getting out of prison.  The letter was posted in Essex. 

Harrison's postal address on the island of Sanday would not be in the public domain but someone who worked for a publishing Company could very well have access to this information as Harrison has been an author for several years.  Thus we have closed the circle, a disgruntled employee with a score to settle who just happens to have access to a database of names and addresses.  Moreover, an employee who lives within a short commuting distance of Loughton.

Only one person fits in this particular house of cards!

« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 06:47:55 PM by John »