Author Topic: Threatening letter sent to Scots author Paul Harrison ahead of book release.  (Read 45717 times)

Offline adam

Would publishers have a rough draft of the book already ? If the books release date is months away ?

If they do, then the rough draft can get into other peoples hands quite easily.

Offline Holly Goodhead

With regard to the "Essex" postmark I am reminded of how the police were taken down the wrong track by Wearside Jack in the Yorkshire Ripper case eg Geordie accent so must be someone from Geordie land; Essex postmark so must be someone (Preecey) from Essex.  In any event I am not sure counties appear as postmarks? I think it might be towns/cities/postal districts?  The ink is normally so faint postmarks are illegible.  But hey in this case clear as mud  8(0(*

If the police (formally) or prison authorities get to hear about I don't see how they can do anything other than treat it very seriously and investigate.  Imagine if the threat is carried through and the authorities were advised but didn't investigate and follow-up?  The police will have the powers to interview the journalist at the Scottish Express and I would imagine he must have taken a copy of the letter and envelope and confirmed to say he has seen the originals.  I would think his editor/code of conduct as a journalist (Kof) would require this as a minimum.  If I was being implicated as Preecey and NGB have been I would be pursuing with the authorities to follow-up.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline adam

Is Jackie a publisher from Essex ? She is certainly a Bamber supporter. And gets aggressive on Blue. There was some recent dispute about PM's recently.

Other posters on this forum have said she has harassed guilters at work & at home.

Offline Andrea

The author hasn't accused Preece of sending the letter. All he knows is that it was a supporter.

Offline Aunt Agatha

Would publishers have a rough draft of the book already ? If the books release date is months away ?

If they do, then the rough draft can get into other peoples hands quite easily.

I don't know how it works today but before Wilkes ' book came out I was sent the draft to read through as Jeremy could not receive it all.  Please bare in mind when judging that book, Jeremy and I were grasping at straws:  we were working in the dark. Light was only shed on his case a few years back. At the time , we tried to cover everything..... With hindsight , we knew so little.

Offline adam

The author can't accuse anyone can he ?  As he does not know who it is.

There are probably a handful of supporters who would do it. Jeremy would know who they were. If he suspected Harrison was turning from a MOJ view, to guilty. Which is what the Express article said happened.

Offline Holly Goodhead

Is Jackie a publisher from Essex ? She is certainly a Bamber supporter. And gets aggressive on Blue. There was some recent dispute about PM's recently.

Other posters on this forum have said she has harassed guilters at work & at home.

Preecey may well fit your description but it doesn't mean that she had anything to do with the letter.  She was banned from Blue around the time I joined so my contact with her has been very limited both in terms of exchanging posts on forums and pm's. 

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline adam

Preecey may well fit your description but it doesn't mean that she had anything to do with the letter.  She was banned from Blue around the time I joined so my contact with her has been very limited both in terms of exchanging posts on forums and pm's.

It could be anyone from the campaign team. Which I found out today Jeremy directs.

I understand Jeremy has disowned Jackie and Mike. So they would have to do it off there own back.

It could be someone who does not post on either forum.

Offline Holly Goodhead

The author hasn't accused Preece of sending the letter. All he knows is that it was a supporter.

No the author (Paul Harrison) and journalist (Ben Borland) haven't accused anyone obviously.  I don't even think its possible to say with any certainty that it was a "supporter".  Personally I think those involved have underestimated and I think it will come back to haunt. 

Offline adam

For Jeremy things do not look too good. If the Express article is anything to go by.

A respected author went into the case suspecting a MOJ. However is now claiming that he can show Jeremy's guilt once and for all.

A supporter has certainly threatened Harrison. Either instructed by Bamber or not. Bamber confident the supporter will not implicate him, in the unlikely situation of being caught.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 11:50:08 PM by adam »

Offline Aunt Agatha

My personal view is that Jackie did not send the letter in question.  However , being on the receiving end of his bamberettes' emails , I think it highly likely that one or two did drop him a line.... However, I would not go so far as to say they threatened to kill him. I feel he may have somewhat exaggerated that !

I informed the police twice about those attacking me . I went to great lengths to stop it but police refused to act sufficiently.

He however , did not call police only media , well he has a book to publisize and if he had been receiving mail from Jeremy's supporters , it would certainly stop them in their tracks now. By doing what he did he had everything to gain .

However, I also feel that had he gone to the police and got a PCRN and copied that into the book also, that would have also dealt a blow to Jeremy and supporters.

In no way at all do I believe Jeremy instigated or would support a threatening letter......contact by supporters to the author yes, but not at all with threats. He will be fuming and will want to find out the truth just as much as those it has affected ........ If the letter even exists that is!

Offline Holly Goodhead

It could be anyone from the campaign team. Which I found out today Jeremy directs.

I understand Jeremy has disowned Jackie and Mike. So they would have to do it off there own back.

It could be someone who does not post on either forum.

Michael Turner QC when asked if he thought JB was innocent said "passionately"  8(0(*

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/9716069/Devils-advocate-Michael-Turner-prepares-for-his-toughest-case.html

Now Adam talking of passion my bed is calling.  Night night.

Offline Holly Goodhead

My personal view is that Jackie did not send the letter in question.  However , being on the receiving end of his bamberettes' emails , I think it highly likely that one or two did drop him a line.... However, I would not go so far as to say they threatened to kill him. I feel he may have somewhat exaggerated that !

I informed the police twice about those attacking me . I went to great lengths to stop it but police refused to act sufficiently.

He however , did not call police only media , well he has a book to publisize and if he had been receiving mail from Jeremy's supporters , it would certainly stop them in their tracks now. By doing what he did he had everything to gain .

However, I also feel that had he gone to the police and got a PCRN and copied that into the book also, that would have also dealt a blow to Jeremy and supporters.

In no way at all do I believe Jeremy instigated or would support a threatening letter......contact by supporters to the author yes, but not at all with threats. He will be fuming and will want to find out the truth just as much as those it has affected ........ If the letter even exists that is!

Hello AA.  Nice to see you.  Hope you are well.  I think we could go round and round in circles speculating.  Hopefully the proper authorities will be informed and the matter formally investigated. 

Good point you raise re the PCRN. 

Sorry to hear about the problems you experienced as a JB supporter.  A lot of nutters out there. 

Night night.

Offline Aunt Agatha

Goodnight Holly. Sleep well.......

More will be revealed as they say. X

Offline Tim Invictus

Who benefits from this letter .... fingers are pointed at Jackie who the author has had run ins with! NGB is made to look like a Bamber crank .... didn't NGB ban the author from the Blue forum? Bamber's 'good name' is blackened by suggestions he issues death threats ..... this gets Bamber back in the public eye looking the evil killer we know he is!

And the author has a book on Bamber coming out! What better free publicity could he get? Anyone else agree this letter benefits the author of the new Bamber book in quite a few ways! If I had received veiled death threats thru the post I would pursue it with the police. But if I had invented the letter I wouldn't!

Don't get me wrong, I think Jackie is as .... as a box of frogs and capable of anything. However, on this occasion you need to ask .... who benefits?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 05:26:03 PM by John »