Author Topic: Threatening letter sent to Scots author Paul Harrison ahead of book release.  (Read 45708 times)

Offline Andrea

I think he received a letter, no doubt. He has spoken to the police about it, so I think it's genuine.
However, press involvement will no doubt help sell his book. That's a good thing though, he thinks Bamber is guilty so the more people thAt read it, the more they will see Bamber for what he is. A cold blooded mass murderer.

Offline Andrea

Caroline has written some good posts on blue tonight about this letter.

She thinks it's someone with a grudge against PH not JP and NGB, I tend to agree with her.

Offline Caroline

Caroline has written some good posts on blue tonight about this letter.

She thinks it's someone with a grudge against PH not JP and NGB, I tend to agree with her.

I most certainly do and thanks Andrea! :)

Offline Andrea

You're welcome, Caroline.
I think it's a supporter without a doubt, Bamber had nowt to do with it IMO.

As you say it's a grudge against PH.

Offline adam

People on Blue often mentioned Mason Doyle's forthcoming book. Which has still not been released and seems to have disappeared. After so many knock backs they were hoping it would do Jeremy a favour or two, like Scott Lomax did in his biased book.

However, for a factual book to have any gravitas, it must be unbiased. This will undoubtedly highlight Jeremy's certain guilt.

As the judge said there is a 'mountain of circumstantial evidence' & a 'number of curious coincidences'. Together with a lot of forensic evidence showing Bamber's certain guilt & impossibility it was Sheila.

The Express article said Harrison went into the venture believing about a MOJ. But soon changed his mind. Which is not the first time this has happened.  This was obviously one blow too many for at least one supporter,  who does not want the truth coming out. Again. 
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 05:59:36 AM by adam »

Offline Holly Goodhead

I think he received a letter, no doubt. He has spoken to the police about it, so I think it's genuine.
However, press involvement will no doubt help sell his book. That's a good thing though, he thinks Bamber is guilty so the more people thAt read it, the more they will see Bamber for what he is. A cold blooded mass murderer.

The article states that he (PH) discussed the letter with a contact in Police Scotland but that he (PH) decided against making a formal complaint.  I think this is BS.  If you discuss a death threat with a serving police officer they will be duty bound to record it and as AA said give it a PRCN.  Especially when the threat involves a Cat A prisoner currently serving life for mass murder!  This is not having your car keyed!

We have no idea what PH's views are on JB's conviction either now or historically.  Do you remember how cryptic he was when he first launched on Blue Andrea?  Evading questions. Most were over him like a rash. I couldn't make him out and decided to ignore him.  The only time I've ever posted with him was on here when I joked about being a spy  8(0(*

http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,3151.msg120865.html#msg120865

http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,4931.msg208674.html#msg208674
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Tim Invictus

We 'know' PH spoke with the police because he said so! We 'know' there is a letter because he said so! Aren't authors supposed to have a vivid imagination?

I think this whole saga is a well thought out publicity stunt and gets back at NGB and ... Jackie at the same time!  Having said that, anything that attacks Bamber and his crankies is fine by me!

8((()*/  8@??)(  @)(++(*
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 05:28:35 PM by John »

Offline Holly Goodhead

We 'know' PH spoke with the police because he said so! We 'know' there is a letter because he said so! Aren't authors supposed to have a vivid imagination?

I think this whole saga is a well thought out publicity stunt and gets back at NGB and ... Jackie at the same time! Having said that anything that attacks Bamber and his crankies is fine by me!

8((()*/  8@??)(  @)(++(*

NGB has a habit over being over zealous with the ban button and causing ill-feeling:

Simon Jones
Hartley
Paul Harrison
Adam
Myself

The above isn't exhaustive and some might be temp rather than perm.

Nelly I do hope you're not as trigger happy down on 'Animal Farm' with your guns as you evidently are with the ban button  8)-)))
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 05:29:01 PM by John »
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline adam

NGB has a habit over being over zealous with the ban button and causing ill-feeling:

Simon Jones
Hartley
Paul Harrison
Adam
Myself

Nelly I do hope you're not as trigger happy down on 'Animal Farm' with your guns as you evidently are with the ban button  8)-)))

Agree with that.

He also posts on the forum that someone has been banned. Rather than keeping it private.

So everyone knows a poster has been banned. Which results in everyone coming out of the woodwork and speaking about the banned poster. Who cannot answer.

The warnings and ban should be done silently by PM.

Unprofessional.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 10:18:58 PM by adam »

Offline guinness

Agree with that.

He also posts on the forum that someone has been banned. Rather than keeping it private.

So everyone knows a poster has been banned. Which results in everyone coming out of the woodwork and speaking about the banned poster. Who cannot answer.

The warnings and ban should be done silently.

Unprofessional.

Never mind Adam - I am sure you will be much happier here. At least you wont have to deal with the old dears any more 8(0(*

Look forward to your debate.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 05:30:44 PM by John »

Offline adam

Never mind Adam - I am sure you will be much happier here. At least you wont have to deal with the old dears any more

I will be moonlighting on both.

Looking forward to some good debates.

Must dash now.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 05:31:01 PM by John »

Offline adam

Simon Jones
Hartley
Paul Harrison
Adam
Myself

NGB does like to announce things a lot. About what he's doing or done. Think he feels powerful as a plastic policeman.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 10:47:24 PM by adam »

Offline Holly Goodhead

Never mind Adam - I am sure you will be much happier here. At least you wont have to deal with the old dears any more 8(0(*

Well hello Guiness.  Lovely to see you again  8(0(*  Only hot babes here as you know   8**8:/: Look forward to your debate too. 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 05:32:34 PM by John »

Offline Andrea

Paul Harrison is a Leeds United fan, wonder if he ever wrote books on his fav team.

Offline Holly Goodhead

Paul Harrison is a Leeds United fan, wonder if he ever wrote books on his fav team.

Is he PH/MD?  There's another ? author Paul Harrison who has written about LUFC/Billy Bremner.