Author Topic: Threatening letter sent to Scots author Paul Harrison ahead of book release.  (Read 45715 times)

Offline Myster

Serious question here.  How many copies of this book would the publisher expect to sell, do you think?

I would be surprised if it sold in excess of a few hundred.

Financially, is it worth anyone's while?

If 'Deviant' puts the Bamber case to bed once and for all, it should be a money-spinner!
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Holly Goodhead

If 'Deviant' puts the Bamber case to bed once and for all, it should be a money-spinner!

If being the operative word  8(0(*
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Myster

If being the operative word  8(0(*

Has your prolixity been cured suddenly?  8((()*/
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Holly Goodhead

Has your prolixity been cured suddenly?  8((()*/

@)(++(*  I'm the ultimate rambler  @)(++(*
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Caroline

Only coz I was too lazy to look up the full title but here it is just for you  8**8:/:

"Deviant: Jeremy Bamber and the White House Farm Murders"

What does it say about the book/author who tells readers before they open the book that JB is deviant and responsible for 5 murders?  JB has been found guilty in a court of law; behind bars for nearly 3 decades; on a life tariff but has always maintained he is innocent and the victim of a MoJ.  The case has at times been high profile and dogged by controversy.  Unless the author literally has the smoking gun and can back up his assertions with overwhelming evidence I think telling readers what they should think will turn many off.  Surely the type of readers that are going to part with £14 for a true crime book and spend a few hours reading, absorbing and reflecting will imo not take kindly to being told what they should think.  Readers of true crime will surely be discerning by nature?

Having read book reviews for Carol Ann Lee's book re Myra Hindley, readers have praised the fact that CAL has allowed them to draw their own conclusions as to whether MH was ever remorseful and reformed.  I hope CAL manages to do the same with her book re JB/WHF and presents the info in a way that allows readers to draw their own conclusions.  The title of CAL's book is "The Murders At White House Farm".

Carol Ann Lee -v- Paul Harrison

May the best author win measured by positive book reviews, volume of sales and Amazon ranking.

Best wishes to both authors. 

8((()*/ 8@??)(

It tells then they need to read the book!

Offline Holly Goodhead

Think you must be his agent/publisher!

Offline Holly Goodhead

I trust you're not his proof reader!

Offline Caroline

I trust you're not his proof reader!

When you're perfect Holly - you can criticise but you're a LONG way off that!  %56&

Offline Holly Goodhead

When you're perfect Holly - you can criticise but you're a LONG way off that!  %56&

Awww have I hit a raw nerve  8)><(

Offline Holly Goodhead

Serious question here.  How many copies of this book would the publisher expect to sell, do you think?

Hi Sika

I guess it depends how they are marketed.

Historically Carol Ann Lee's books have been reviewed by the broad sheets:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/4728427/The-diary-and-a-somebody.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/reviews/one-of-your-own-the-life-and-death-of-myra-hindley-by-carol-ann-lee-1951339.html

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/mar/04/top-10-books-women-in-the-1950s

Whereas Paul Harrison appears to court controversy in the tabloids:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/bible-john-police-officer-says-2218723

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/524489/Mass-killer-Jeremy-Bamber-s-threat-to-Scots-author-Harrison

Offline Caroline

Offline puglove

Only coz I was too lazy to look up the full title but here it is just for you  8**8:/:

"Deviant: Jeremy Bamber and the White House Farm Murders"

What does it say about the book/author who tells readers before they open the book that JB is deviant and responsible for 5 murders?  JB has been found guilty in a court of law; behind bars for nearly 3 decades; on a life tariff but has always maintained he is innocent and the victim of a MoJ.  The case has at times been high profile and dogged by controversy.  Unless the author literally has the smoking gun and can back up his assertions with overwhelming evidence I think telling readers what they should think will turn many off.  Surely the type of readers that are going to part with £14 for a true crime book and spend a few hours reading, absorbing and reflecting will imo not take kindly to being told what they should think.  Readers of true crime will surely be discerning by nature?

Having read book reviews for Carol Ann Lee's book re Myra Hindley, readers have praised the fact that CAL has allowed them to draw their own conclusions as to whether MH was ever remorseful and reformed.  I hope CAL manages to do the same with her book re JB/WHF and presents the info in a way that allows readers to draw their own conclusions.  The title of CAL's book is "The Murders At White House Farm".

Carol Ann Lee -v- Paul Harrison

May the best author win measured by positive book reviews, volume of sales and Amazon ranking.

Best wishes to both authors. 

8((()*/ 8@??)(

FOURTEEN QUID?????     

Christ on a bike.
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline Holly Goodhead

No  8(0(*

Good.  I wouldn't want to hurt your feelings  8(0(*

Offline Holly Goodhead

FOURTEEN QUID?????     

Christ on a bike.

Talking of Christ on a bike I think this will be more to your liking.  Plus you get £1 change.  8((()*/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Richard-Herring-Christ-Bike-DVD/dp/B005NH5BRW

This is hilarious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpwr6aACFjo

Offline puglove

As usual, Sika, I agree with you. There is so very little interest in the WHF case now, and if any new evidence came to light, I doubt if anyone would go down the tortuous route of writing a book about it. Wobbly table or not, I'm not going to spend the equivalent of a bottle of Bacardi to read what I already know.
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.