Author Topic: White House Farm - Floor plans and photos  (Read 144950 times)

Offline Myster

Re: White House Farm - Floor plans and photos
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2012, 07:43:51 PM »
I can't see the photos on the other forum, can someone post the picture from the stairs showing the rifle in the window? I seem to recall a window directly in front of the stairs on the upper floor. Maybe I recall it wrong. Don't think it makes a difference really, just curious.

Your wish is my command...,

It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

BB

« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2012, 08:11:29 PM »
I can't see the photos on the other forum, can someone post the picture from the stairs showing the rifle in the window? I seem to recall a window directly in front of the stairs on the upper floor. Maybe I recall it wrong. Don't think it makes a difference really, just curious.

Thankyou, I knew I remember a window, its that the door has a window in it, that explains the box room on you plan.

Offline Myster

« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2012, 08:33:02 PM »

Thankyou, I knew I remember a window, its that the door has a window in it, that explains the box room on you plan.

If I understand your post correctly, yes it is a glazed door to the box-room hiding behind the handrail and newel post.

Offline goatboy

« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2012, 08:39:34 AM »

That's interesting, I've never seen the rifle against the window from that angle before. Much has been made on the blue forum that WPC Jeapes saw a rifle leaning against a window in the upstairs room. I do not believe she would have been able to see the rifle from the angle she would have been looking up at the window from outside (not with absolute certainty anyway).

Offline Milly

« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2012, 12:24:21 PM »

That's interesting, I've never seen the rifle against the window from that angle before. Much has been made on the blue forum that WPC Jeapes saw a rifle leaning against a window in the upstairs room. I do not believe she would have been able to see the rifle from the angle she would have been looking up at the window from outside (not with absolute certainty anyway).

It is obvious that she saw it leaning against the window when she was inside.  She couldn't have seen it from the grounds in front of the house due to the angle and also due to the reflections from the glass windows.  It is nigh impossible to see anything throgh glass when you are looking up at an angle of about 70 degrees or more.

Offline goatboy

« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2012, 02:51:06 PM »
That's what I was thinking Milly, the angle just seems like it would have been too steep to see from the ground. Another thing that seems to be accepted as fact on the blue forum is that Jeremy was under surveillance by police for cultivating cannabis at his home at the time of the murders so he would have been witnessed if he had left the house to go and murder his family. Where on earth did this idea come from? Is there any evidence at all to suggest there could be any truth in it at all (Operation Cool is the name given by police to this investigation apparently)?

Offline John

« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2012, 03:23:37 PM »
That's what I was thinking Milly, the angle just seems like it would have been too steep to see from the ground. Another thing that seems to be accepted as fact on the blue forum is that Jeremy was under surveillance by police for cultivating cannabis at his home at the time of the murders so he would have been witnessed if he had left the house to go and murder his family. Where on earth did this idea come from? Is there any evidence at all to suggest there could be any truth in it at all (Operation Cool is the name given by police to this investigation apparently)?

They didn't do a great job of it did they?  They couldn't even stop him clearing off to France just weeks after the murder such was the incompetence by Essex Police and he and Collins were supposed to be under surveillance then.

In relation to the barrel of a rifle being seen through the closed window of a first floor bedroom by someone standing in the grounds below, that is quite a feat.  The truth is that it is impossible and even if it had been seen it could have just as well have been a broom handle as the main part of the rifle wouldn't have been visible.  I am afraid that this suggestion is yet more blue forum hot air and fantasy.

The rifle was set against the window simply to allow Sheila's body to be removed.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 03:39:50 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline goatboy

« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2012, 05:18:04 PM »
I'm sure that is the case, however, WPC Jeapes does mention seeing a rifle against the window in a top floor room in her statement, that is a fact not just blue forum hot air. However, I just can't see how she would have been able to see this from the ground at all (if it was the same rifle and the same window as the one in this thread).

Offline John

« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2012, 12:09:02 AM »
The comment by PC Julia Jeapes in her statement about seeing a rifle leaning against a window is a strange one.  Having looked at the statement and the layout the window she is referring to is the box room window.  This is not the location depicted in the police photo of a rifle leaning against a bedroom window.

To be honest I don't know how she could possibly identify a rifle at that range even though there was a light on in the box room.  Could it have simply been a broom handle and hse has in fact got her windows mixed up?

« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 12:27:43 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Myster

« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2012, 06:38:36 PM »
The whole statement was a b*lls up........ she couldn't even decide which was the WHITE and which was the RED side..... that is unless by "white/red side" she meant "on the WHITE side but nearer to the RED side than the GREEN".

If a light was on in that Box Room and assuming the curtains if any were open then it could have been easier to see something leaned against the window. Surely a tactical firearms unit would have been equipped with powerful binoculars or telescopic sights on their weapons?

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2012, 02:55:16 PM »
Who lives at the farm now? Is it still within the family? Do they still have the caravan park too?
Ann & Peter Eaton live theire now Jo and  yes they still have the caravan park. The park has been well developed and evidently is a lucrative asset. Good luck to them; they are victims of Jeremy Bamber too.

Offline John

« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2012, 08:40:32 PM »
Who lives at the farm now? Is it still within the family? Do they still have the caravan park too?

As Tim has already stated, Ann and Peter eaton are tenants at the farm.  Just to clarify Joanne, White House Farm was never an asset within Nevill's estate as they rented it and were merely tenant farmers.  Nevill did own another farm nearby though as well as a couple of properties.

The caravan park is owned by a private Company. Ann was a former director but resigned a while back in favour of daughter Janie. I am not sure who the other director is but it could be David Boutflour.  Ownership is certainly within the family.

Offline Myster

« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2012, 07:56:37 PM »
Which WHF plans has Tesko posted in this thread "The RIDDLE of the BACK STAIRCASE" on the blue forum?

Are they the same ones I put on here, or are they a different set?

Offline Mr Justice K

« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2012, 01:34:37 PM »
Thank you so much myster for posting those plans of the farmhouse and to everyone else who has contributed to this very informative thread.  I must say I am not the best person at deciphering plans and have always been somewhat confused by the cavernous tricky layout at White House.  I can at last see how the staircases fit into the scheme of things and how Mrs Caffell could never have moved around the house undetected after the police entered.

Thank you all again.
Law without justice is a wound without a cure.  (William Scott Downey)