Author Topic: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.  (Read 413261 times)

Offline Montclair

Re: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.
« Reply #1335 on: January 04, 2014, 01:04:50 PM »
Where are you gettings your facts from re the MCcanns have to prove there case..is it just what you have read on forums? From what I have read even in the usa the McCanns would not have to prove anything because the accusations are so serious alleging criminal activity

I'm afraid that John is right and it is up to the plaintiffs to prove their case and that they have suffered damages.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1336 on: January 04, 2014, 01:41:07 PM »
I'm afraid that John is right and it is up to the plaintiffs to prove their case and that they have suffered damages.

That's much to vague an answer...what do you mean prove their case...prove what...prove that their reputation has been damaged...that wouldn't be very difficult

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1337 on: January 04, 2014, 01:41:47 PM »
Returning from holiday minus 1 child. That'll do for me.

as I have said before...just like the needhams

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1338 on: January 04, 2014, 01:45:12 PM »
By the Mccanns.  8)--)) 8)-)))

No , family, friends clients...pretty well everyone really...don't know the McCanns at all, but my son was taught by Gerry at Leicester when he studied medicine. He told me Gerry was really well liked.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1339 on: January 04, 2014, 01:46:58 PM »
That's much to vague an answer...what do you mean prove their case...prove what...prove that their reputation has been damaged...that wouldn't be very difficult

Their reputation has been shot at for a long time. Might be difficult to prove who caused the damage and to what extent.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1340 on: January 04, 2014, 01:53:04 PM »
Their reputation has been shot at for a long time. Might be difficult to prove who caused the damage and to what extent.

Perhaps Montclair will give us a clearer answer to what they have to prove....or are posters still just quoting opinion as fact and posting disinformation/ What is clear is that amaral hasn't been in a hurry to settle this case which makes me think he isn't confident on the outcome

Offline jassi

« Reply #1341 on: January 04, 2014, 01:58:44 PM »
He hasn't conceded anything throughout the trial so that may just be wishful thinking on your part.  Not that what you think will make any difference to the result.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Carana

« Reply #1342 on: January 04, 2014, 01:59:51 PM »

John was agreeing with Ferryman... wasn't he?

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2202.msg117279#msg117279
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 02:02:28 PM by Carana »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1343 on: January 04, 2014, 02:03:22 PM »
He hasn't conceded anything throughout the trial so that may just be wishful thinking on your part.  Not that what you think will make any difference to the result.

im looking at the overall picture and for me it looks bad for amaral

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1344 on: January 04, 2014, 02:53:35 PM »
as I have said before...just like the needhams

Absolutely,

Regardless of how much I beat my children, every time I go on holiday & return with the same amount of children I left with, I am numerically better at parenting than the McCanns, the Needhams or anyone that ever lost a child.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

stephen25000

« Reply #1345 on: January 04, 2014, 03:22:22 PM »
No , family, friends clients...pretty well everyone really...don't know the McCanns at all, but my son was taught by Gerry at Leicester when he studied medicine. He told me Gerry was really well liked.

Everyone really. @)(++(*

Personal bias.

I presume you have proof Gerry was doing some teaching at Leicester  ?

Offline jassi

« Reply #1346 on: January 04, 2014, 03:26:46 PM »
Everyone really. @)(++(*

Personal bias.

Lets hope he wasn't teaching a module on child care.

Or maybe not -

ferryman

« Reply #1347 on: January 04, 2014, 03:29:49 PM »
im looking at the overall picture and for me it looks bad for amaral

Whatever the true position on the burden of proof, there are key lies of Amaral's that can be disproved:

Madeleine was never driven anywhere in the car (dead or alive)

Mark Harrison did not switch the enquiry to one for a little girl assumed dead.  He was handed a brief to consider that Madeleine had been "murdered" and worked to it.

In reaching his "thesis" that Gerry "hid" Madeleine's body on the beach, Amaral plagiarised the proper detective work of Mark Harrison (who, himself, never said any such thing).

If the McCanns have Stuart Prior's report, disproving that Prior rang the FSS to berate them on the PJ's powers of arrest after being contradicted and corrected by Amaral on interpretation of the forensic results ought to be a doddle.

Disproving the "frozen cadaver remains from the boot of the car" comment is as easy as reading John Lowe's forensic report.

Difficult to know how Grime's deception over presentation of the dogs and incompetent handling of them will affect things.  The judges may view it that Amaral  couldn't reasonably be expected to understand principles of dog handling, even though PJ Inspector Dias had a good grasp of the subject. 

Still, Amaral's claim in his book that Eddie had no hesitation in singling out the Renault is patently false.

There never was a "preliminary report", only an e-mail from John Lowe to Stuart Prior explaining a result from the one and only report.

I'm sure there's much more ...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 03:35:17 PM by ferryman »

stephen25000

« Reply #1348 on: January 04, 2014, 03:31:47 PM »
Lets hope he wasn't teaching a module on child care.

Indeed.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1349 on: January 04, 2014, 03:33:37 PM »
Everyone really. @)(++(*

Personal bias.

Gerry is a consultant cardiologist...he teaches the undergraduates and post graduates