Author Topic: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.  (Read 413264 times)

Redblossom

Re: The McCann v Gonçalo Amaral libel trial as it happens.
« Reply #495 on: October 08, 2013, 04:44:14 PM »
Its times like this that I wish I had an understanding of Twitter  8(8-))

Could someone post a link - preferably several

Here is one...read from bottum up

https://mobile.twitter.com/JerryLawton

Jerry Lawton @JerryLawton   2m
judge says book cover says it contains `exclusive revelations'..`ok so then I have to conclude this is misleading advertising', #McCann
View details ·   
    Jerry Lawton @JerryLawton   3m
Judge to Paiva: `What's new in the book that's not in the police files?' Paiva: `Nothing' #McCann
View details ·   
    Jerry Lawton @JerryLawton   9m
Judge stops lawyers on both sides asking Amaral's former cop colleagues their conclusions on #McCann case because `opinions' not `facts'
View details ·   
    Jerry Lawton @JerryLawton   11m
Flores says `prophetic and dogmatic vision' behind current SY #McCann probe. UK cops `only putting forward the hypothesis of abduction'
View details ·   
    Jerry Lawton @JerryLawton   15m
Flores: #McCann and Tapas 7 friends should have had their phones tapped because of `inconsistencies' in their statements.
View details ·   
    Jerry Lawton @JerryLawton   16m
Retired cop Francisco Moita Flores said #McCann probe was one of `most complex and well-investigated cases' he'd seen..Amaral `competent'
View details ·   
    Jerry Lawton @JerryLawton   18m
Neves: Brit police suggested bringing in sniffer dogs..`not accepted lightly' due to `cost' and `no experience of it in Portugal' #McCann
View details ·   
    Jerry Lawton @JerryLawton   26m
Neves: Kate driving force behind failed July 2007 search by controversial ex-Sth African cop Danie Krugel with body-finding machine #McCann
View details ·   
    Jerry Lawton @JerryLawton   28m
Port police organised crime unit head Luis Neves said Amaral's conclusion Madeleine was dead was accepted early on by parents #McCann
View details ·   
    Jerry Lawton @JerryLawton   31m
Paiva says everything in Amaral's book `can be found in the case files' which have been made public #McCann
View details ·   
    Jerry Lawton @JerryLawton   32m
Contrary to #McCann claim Paiva says publication of Amaral's book did not hinder the `flow of information' coming in to police
View details ·   
    Jerry Lawton @JerryLawton   34m
Paiva: the book `contains the professional and personal opinions of Goncalo Amaral as a police officer' #McCann
View details ·   
    Jerry Lawton @JerryLawton   35m
Former Portuguese police family liaison officer Ricardo Paiva tells #McCann libel trial Amaral's book was `based on our investigation'
View details ·   
    Jerry Lawton @JerryLawton   38m
Kate #McCann asks judge for permission to give evidence at libel trial
View details ·   
    Jerry Lawton @JerryLawton   2h
Madeleine #McCann libel trial resumes. Parents suing ex-cop Goncalo Amaral for £1m over his book's claims they covered up her death.
View details ·   
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 04:47:21 PM by Redblossom »

Offline John

« Reply #496 on: October 08, 2013, 04:46:15 PM »
Ricardo Paiva, the PJ detective who acted as a liaison officer and got quite friendly with the McCanns at the beginning gave evidence first I believe today.  He is the guy who fell out of favour at the arguido interviews and whom Kate says in her book that her "f..king tosser, f..king tosser" whisper was aimed at.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Montclair

« Reply #497 on: October 08, 2013, 04:46:59 PM »
Many thanks for your effort and work, Anne!   8((()*/

C.Edwards

« Reply #498 on: October 08, 2013, 04:47:26 PM »
A list (in reverse order - most recent first)  I can't wait to see the "unfit for british media" version from Anne!

Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton 1m
judge says book cover says it contains `exclusive revelations'..`ok so then I have to conclude this is misleading advertising', #McCann

Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton 2m
Judge to Paiva: `What's new in the book that's not in the police files?' Paiva: `Nothing' #McCann

Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton 8m
Judge stops lawyers on both sides asking Amaral's former cop colleagues their conclusions on #McCann case because `opinions' not `facts'

Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton 10m
Flores says `prophetic and dogmatic vision' behind current SY #McCann probe. UK cops `only putting forward the hypothesis of abduction'

Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton 14m
Flores: #McCann and Tapas 7 friends should have had their phones tapped because of `inconsistencies' in their statements.

Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton 15m
Retired cop Francisco Moita Flores said #McCann probe was one of  `most complex and well-investigated cases' he'd seen..Amaral `competent'

Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton 16m
Neves: Brit police suggested bringing in sniffer dogs..`not accepted lightly' due to `cost' and `no experience of it in Portugal' #McCann

Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton 25m
Neves: Kate driving force behind failed July 2007 search by controversial ex-Sth African cop Danie Krugel with body-finding machine #McCann

Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton 27m
Port police organised crime unit head Luis Neves said Amaral's conclusion Madeleine was dead was accepted early on by parents #McCann

Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton 30m
Paiva says everything in Amaral's book `can be found in the case files' which have been made public #McCann

Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton 31m
Contrary to #McCann claim Paiva says publication of Amaral's book did not hinder the `flow of information' coming in to police

Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton 33m
Paiva: the book `contains the professional and personal opinions of Goncalo Amaral as a police officer' #McCann

Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton 34m
Former Portuguese police family liaison officer Ricardo Paiva tells #McCann libel trial Amaral's book was `based on our investigation'

Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton 37m
Kate #McCann asks judge for permission to give evidence at libel trial

Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton 2h
Madeleine #McCann libel trial resumes. Parents suing ex-cop Goncalo Amaral for £1m over his book's claims they covered up her death.

There's another doozy for the anti-Amaral gang:
"Retired cop Francisco Moita Flores said #McCann probe was one of  `most complex and well-investigated cases' he'd seen..Amaral `competent'"

I suppose now they'll claim they know better...

C.Edwards

« Reply #499 on: October 08, 2013, 04:48:14 PM »
Ricardo Paiva, the PJ detective who acted as a liaison officer and got quite friendly with the McCanns at the beginning gave evidence first I believe today.  He is the guy who fell out of favour at the arguido interviews and whom Kate says in her book that her "f..king tosser, f..king tosser" whisper was aimed at.

Let me have a wild guess what Kate may be saying after hearing what he's been saying today...  @)(++(* @)(++(*

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #500 on: October 08, 2013, 04:55:13 PM »
They are being mudered in this trial,
I wonder what tomorrows headlines will be?
This must be painful to watch for the Pro McCann army
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline jassi

« Reply #501 on: October 08, 2013, 04:57:55 PM »
They are being mudered in this trial,
I wonder what tomorrows headlines will be?
This must be painful to watch for the Pro McCann army

Probably won't even get a mention  8(8-))
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

C.Edwards

« Reply #502 on: October 08, 2013, 04:58:37 PM »
I can't quite think what's missing in here... oh yes, a single McCann supporter. Wonder why?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #503 on: October 08, 2013, 05:00:22 PM »
Probably won't even get a mention  8(8-))

Not a whisper, I have no faith in the mainstream media.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #504 on: October 08, 2013, 05:01:23 PM »
I can't quite think what's missing in here... oh yes, a single McCann supporter. Wonder why?

They are eating their words as we speak.

Offline jassi

« Reply #505 on: October 08, 2013, 05:06:54 PM »

They are eating their words as we speak.

Its certainly gone quiet. Has Skipton Central blown a fuse?
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Redblossom

« Reply #506 on: October 08, 2013, 05:20:01 PM »
Let me have a wild guess what Kate may be saying after hearing what he's been saying today...  @)(++(* @)(++(*

He deserves to be miserable and feel fear?

Or do evil spells only work first time they are uttered........

Offline John

« Reply #507 on: October 08, 2013, 07:20:58 PM »

Dr Gonçalo Amaral and lawyer Dr Santos de Oliveira pictured outside the Palace of Justice earlier today.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 08:39:43 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #508 on: October 08, 2013, 07:51:20 PM »

Photo: Anne Guedes

Dr Amaral and Manuel Catarino (Principal Writer - Correio da Manhã)
pose for Anne outside the Palace of Justice in Lisbon earlier today.

Offline jassi

« Reply #509 on: October 08, 2013, 07:57:53 PM »
Nice to see that some don't throw a hissy fit when their photo is taken.

Or maybe not -