Author Topic: Madeleine McCann: Mari Luz Cortes connection, fact and fiction.  (Read 20282 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Madeleine McCann: Mari Luz Cortes connection, fact and fiction.
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2018, 02:27:06 AM »
"Madeleine McCann: Mari Luz Cortes, Santiago del Valle Garcia And Clarence Mitchell Says"
http://www.anorak.co.uk/182448/madeleine-mccann/madeleine-mccann-mari-luz-cortes-santiago-del-valle-garcia-and-clarence-mitchell-says.html

Is it true they printed thousands of posters?

"The 52-year-old convicted paedophile was arrested late yesterday on suspicion of killing Mari Luz Cortes, the five-year-old whose disappearance was initially linked to Madeleine’s.

The McCanns printed thousands of posters with pictures of their daughter and Mari Luz on them in a bid to solve the two cases.

The cases were not linked by everyone. Juan Jose Cortes, the girl’s father said at the time: “We don’t think it’s appropriate to relate one thing with the other, because they are two distinct cases, two different countries and two different lines of investigation. Nobody asked us anything.”

How did they print these"  How did they get rid of them?

I'm beginning to have my doubts about the veracity of reports like this, Robitty. 

I have found one Spanish Language blog making reference and unbelievably I also found a hate page directed at Mari Luz's father ensconced in the bowels of a blog dedicated to dissing the McCanns 🤪 (which I'm not going to link to)

I have found quite a few references to Kate and Gerry McCann having been in touch with Mari Luz's family in January when she first went missing; to them sending their condolences as well as to posters showing Mari Luz and Madeleine with no dissent or acrimony about the posters passing between them.

Like Madeleine's family, Mari Luz's family were seeking their daughter too ... so why would they object to being assisted by a free poster campaign putting her face out there?
Just doesn't make sense to me.

For example ...

CONVOLENCES OF MARRIAGE McCANN

The parents of Madeleine McCann, the British girl who disappeared in May 2007 in Praia da Luz (Portugal), have conveyed their condolences to the Cortes. The McCanns had already been in contact with Mari Luz's parents when their disappearance was known on January 13 of this year, and they had even posted posters with images of the two girls. They had also remembered that Huelva is less than 200 kilometers from the Algarve, where the girl was seen for the last time.

The British marriage spokesman has declared that "they are very sad" and that "their thoughts and prayers are with the relatives at this time."
https://diarioevangelicoberea.wordpress.com/2008/03/09/la-familia-de-mariluz-hija-del-pastor-gitano-jose-cortes-vela-su-cadaver/

THE LONDON / HUELVA NEWSPAPER

Sunday, 03/09/2008 at 00:00 CET

Aware as few of the painful moments they are going through, Madeleine McCann's parents sent a message of condolence yesterday to the relatives of the little girl Mari Luz Cortés, the 5-year-old girl whose body appeared floating on Friday in the waters of the port of Huelva. after being disappeared almost two months. The McCanns, who since May 2007 carry out an intense campaign to find Maddie's whereabouts , declared themselves "very sorry" for the tragic fate of the Andalusian girl.

"Kate and Gerry have closely followed the search for Mari Luz and feel that there is a connection between the two families," the spokesperson for the British couple explained in London. "Your thoughts and prayers are at this time with them," he added. The McCanns had already sent messages of solidarity and support to the gypsy girl's family, and had even printed posters with the faces of the two little girls and the following legend: Do not forget us .
https://www.elperiodico.com/es/sociedad/20080309/los-mccann-envian-sus-condolencias-a-la-familia-de-la-nina-de-huelva-41537
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2018, 04:16:39 AM »
Yes well there was problems at the time of writing this article

http://truthformadeleine.com/2008/02/fury-over-kate-and-gerry-mccann-using-photograph-of-missing-mari-luz-cortes/

"The father of five-year old Mari Luz Cortes, who disappeared in January, said he had not given the couple permission to use his daughter’s picture in 17,400 A3-size prints distributed across Spain and Portugal yesterday."

I was surprised at the number of posters printed up.  The easy thing is to print them but what do you do with them then.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2018, 08:09:56 AM »
I am objecting to the misuse of the English language in misdirection and misinformation.
What would have been wrong with saying it's only two hours away and near enough on the same road.

proximity
/prɒkˈsɪmɪti/
noun
noun: proximity
    nearness in space, time, or relationship.

Judge for yourself; is 200km near in space? and is two hours near in time?

Mr Mitchell also once said about a run, K & G are running for the Madeleine Fund and other charities.

To quote a very clever chap...It's all relative

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2018, 09:11:02 AM »
To quote a very clever chap...It's all relative

Very similar to linking a disappearance in Preston to one in Glasgow, for example, even though the details were quite different.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2018, 10:03:23 AM »
Very similar to linking a disappearance in Preston to one in Glasgow, for example, even though the details were quite different.

It's a matter of opinion to believe  the two cases may be linked... A, proper police investigation would look at all possibilities ...Preston to Glasgow is 300 km
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 10:06:03 AM by Davel »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2018, 10:49:25 AM »
It's a matter of opinion to believe  the two cases may be linked... A, proper police investigation would look at all possibilities ...Preston to Glasgow is 300 km

The two children differed in age and colouring. One was alleged to have been taken from her bed, the other from the street. One was on holiday, the other in familiar surroundings. One was English, the other Spanish/Gypsy The parents were quite different. I wonder what the similarities were?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2018, 11:18:48 AM »
The two children differed in age and colouring. One was alleged to have been taken from her bed, the other from the street. One was on holiday, the other in familiar surroundings. One was English, the other Spanish/Gypsy The parents were quite different. I wonder what the similarities were?

As I said... A competent investigation would look at it... Nothing should be ignored

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2018, 11:30:30 AM »
Some of us think Madeleine was out on the street too.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2018, 11:46:26 AM »

They were both on the Iberian Peninsula.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2018, 12:42:15 PM »
They were both on the Iberian Peninsula.

The outcomes were different too.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2018, 12:47:12 PM »

Not necessarily unless you know what happened to Maddie...then theres Joanna
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 12:52:33 PM by Davel »

Offline Sunny

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2018, 01:06:51 PM »
Not necessarily unless you know what happened to Maddie...then theres Joanna

It appears that Mari Luz Cortes was taken by a local man from the village where she lived and would have known Mari. I can't see that man being local to Praia Da Luz as well Davel.  If it was another local man from PDL then the cases are not linked.

From the Anorak link

The arrested man is a former neighbour of Mari Luz’s family and lived less than 100 yards from her parents Juan Jose and Irene on the route the youngster would have taken as she returned from a local sweet shop.

He had already been quizzed by police before his arrest yesterday after arousing the suspicion of locals by leaving Huelva with his wife the day after Mari Luz disappeared…
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2018, 01:15:52 PM »
It appears that Mari Luz Cortes was taken by a local man from the village where she lived and would have known Mari. I can't see that man being local to Praia Da Luz as well Davel.  If it was another local man from PDL then the cases are not linked.

From the Anorak link

The arrested man is a former neighbour of Mari Luz’s family and lived less than 100 yards from her parents Juan Jose and Irene on the route the youngster would have taken as she returned from a local sweet shop.

He had already been quizzed by police before his arrest yesterday after arousing the suspicion of locals by leaving Huelva with his wife the day after Mari Luz disappeared…

Was Clarence aware of this when he made his statement

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2018, 02:42:42 PM »
They were both very young girls.  To a paedophile with a predlictition for very young girls the rest of the stuff you mention is pretty irrelevant IMO.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2018, 03:09:10 PM »

But that was not known for quite some time ... in the interim the families were living in hope.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....