Author Topic: “A Laughable Story”  (Read 71657 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: “A Laughable Story”
« Reply #1110 on: September 16, 2020, 09:45:29 AM »
What you are saying isnt true imo. The initial investigation interviewed the mcCanns who gave a full account of their
actions. Rowley said he looked at everything which would include the revised statements the mcCanns made which they said corrected mistakes due to translation errors in the original statements. based on all this evidence Rowley was happy to rule the parents out which seems perfectly sensible to me. There is no real evidence of their involvement as confirmed by P D Carmo. if you think there is real  evidence please state it...

You're still adding your own ideas to what he said, aren't you?

"the involvement of the parents, that was dealt with at the time by the original investigation by the Portuguese."

"At the time" means in 2007/8.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1111 on: September 16, 2020, 09:50:41 AM »

"the involvement of the parents, that was dealt with at the time by the original investigation by the Portuguese."

think what you wish...i'm bored with you trying...unsuccessfully...to prove you are right. Im far more interested in the fact that the case may soon be solved...which would prove amaral and the dog alerts wrong

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1112 on: September 16, 2020, 10:14:00 AM »

It was dealt with at the time, as was the involvement of Murat, unless you are of the opinion that Murat's involvement has also not been dealt with?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1113 on: September 16, 2020, 10:34:22 AM »
It was dealt with at the time, as was the involvement of Murat, unless you are of the opinion that Murat's involvement has also not been dealt with?

The McCann's lawyer in the defamation proceedings relied heavily on the conclusion of the archiving dispatch, particularly the use of Article 277/1. It's quite possible that in Murat's case that was the correct Article to use. I don't know as it wasn't discussed. In the McCann's case the judges looked at the contents of the dispatch and decided that Article 277/2 should have been used instead.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1114 on: September 16, 2020, 10:36:30 AM »
The McCann's lawyer in the defamation proceedings relied heavily on the conclusion of the archiving dispatch, particularly the use of Article 277/1. It's quite possible that in Murat's case that was the correct Article to use. I don't know as it wasn't discussed. In the McCann's case the judges looked at the contents of the dispatch and decided that Article 277/2 should have been used instead.
Weasel words.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1115 on: September 16, 2020, 10:38:41 AM »

Does the SC always get it right...perhaps the SC believed the rubbish in the proven facts that the dog alerts signalled  a cadaver

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1116 on: September 16, 2020, 11:02:41 AM »
Does the SC always get it right...perhaps the SC believed the rubbish in the proven facts that the dog alerts signalled  a cadaver

At this moment in time they have the last word on the subject. Amaral is free to express his opinion until (and if) something changes.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1117 on: September 16, 2020, 11:21:22 AM »
At this moment in time they have the last word on the subject. Amaral is free to express his opinion until (and if) something changes.

And as Ive said...hes gone quite quiet. Any libel repeated now could be the basis for  a new action...even more so if the ECHR rule in their favour

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1118 on: September 16, 2020, 11:22:42 AM »

That would require a moral compass and failing that a total affront to Portugal in the European Court of Human Rights
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1119 on: September 16, 2020, 11:27:20 AM »
”trotted out”, “complained bitterly” “false stories”, “courting the media”, “shock, horror”,: “their pronouncements”, “90% pure rubbish” - do you see how contemptuous your language is when writing about the McCanns?  And you wonder why people see you as utterly biased and full of contempt?
Bumping for G-Unit.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1120 on: September 16, 2020, 12:46:01 PM »
Bumping for G-Unit.

The context;

Gerry McCann trotted out to address the media on 4th May, despite fearing intrusion by them.
The McCanns complained bitterly about the alleged leaking of their statements to Telecinco.
The very first false stories came from the McCann's friends and family.
So, as usual, they were courting the media voluntarily. Then, shock horror, one of the journalists dared to ask a question Gerry McCann didn't like.
They spoke to the press deliberately, both of them had their pronouncements written down.
but as usual with appeals 90% of it was pure rubbish

Are they comparible to these personally abusive nasty comments about Amaral?

The man’s quite evil imo.
I seem to think Amaral is an arsehole, will that do you?
Rent-A-Gob Amaral

I have never abused the McCanns personally in the manner Amaral has been abused.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1121 on: September 16, 2020, 12:51:53 PM »
The context;

Gerry McCann trotted out to address the media on 4th May, despite fearing intrusion by them.
The McCanns complained bitterly about the alleged leaking of their statements to Telecinco.
So, as usual, they were courting the media voluntarily. Then, shock horror, one of the journalists dared to ask a question Gerry McCann didn't like.
They spoke to the press deliberately, both of them had their pronouncements written down.

Rent-A-Gob Amaral

I have never abused the McCanns personally in the manner Amaral has been abused.

But you refuse to criticise Brenda Leyland... That's hypocritical

what about regerring to the mcCanns a sh*t  parents...as one senior mod did here ..is that acceptable
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 12:57:22 PM by Davel »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1122 on: September 16, 2020, 12:58:19 PM »
The context;

Rent-A-Gob Amaral

some might say thats an accurate description of amaral

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1123 on: September 16, 2020, 01:01:57 PM »
The context;

Rent-A-Gob Amaral

Yes they are comparable IMO, your language is withering in its contempt, just because you avoid pithier epithets doesn't mean the net result isn't the same.

In any case don't you pride yourself in being quite objective?  Do you think the way you describe the McCanns and their actions is objective?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 01:07:15 PM by Vertigo Swirl »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1124 on: September 16, 2020, 01:14:13 PM »
What would be a good word to describe a man who deliberately puts faked pictures of the German's chief suspect in into the media to muddy the waters and in an attempt to derail the German investigation?   I think "evil" sums it up perfectly.