Author Topic: “A Laughable Story”  (Read 71278 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: “A Laughable Story”
« Reply #1125 on: September 16, 2020, 01:54:05 PM »
What would be a good word to describe a man who deliberately puts faked pictures of the German's chief suspect in into the media to muddy the waters and in an attempt to derail the German investigation?   I think "evil" sums it up perfectly.
Having taken pains to ensure that the prime suspect's identity was revealed in the public domain while the police were still working on the investigation into him and whether or not he was implicated in Madeleine's abduction.

If that wasn't an attempt to wrong foot an up until then confidential investigation, what was it?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1126 on: September 16, 2020, 01:54:52 PM »
At this moment in time they have the last word on the subject. Amaral is free to express his opinion until (and if) something changes.

and online critics are free to express theirs..

Offline The General

« Reply #1127 on: September 16, 2020, 03:40:22 PM »
and online critics are free to express theirs..
...but it depends on to whom the opinion is directed, it seems.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1128 on: September 16, 2020, 07:20:29 PM »
Yes they are comparable IMO, your language is withering in its contempt, just because you avoid pithier epithets doesn't mean the net result isn't the same.

In any case don't you pride yourself in being quite objective?  Do you think the way you describe the McCanns and their actions is objective?

Well I don't see them as comparable. The first set are mild, not all aimed at the McCanns and mostly true, although the over sensitive or those with an axe to grind may take offence. The second set are unmistakably nasty, personal and insulting.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1129 on: September 16, 2020, 07:29:50 PM »
Well I don't see them as comparable. The first set are mild, not all aimed at the McCanns and mostly true, although the over sensitive or those with an axe to grind may take offence. The second set are unmistakably nasty, personal and insulting.

All your opinion... Other ts may feel a policeman whos job it is to uphold the law condones the brutal torture of a suspect can't complain about the names he's called

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1130 on: September 16, 2020, 07:42:47 PM »
All your opinion... Other ts may feel a policeman whos job it is to uphold the law condones the brutal torture of a suspect can't complain about the names he's called

You seem to be saying that in your opinion nastiness is allowable if, also in your opinion, the target deserves it. On the other hand it's not allowable if, in your opinion, the target doesn't deserve it.

I, however, don't condone being nasty, personal and insulting to anyone, whatever one's opinion of them is.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1131 on: September 16, 2020, 07:58:08 PM »
You seem to be saying that in your opinion nastiness is allowable if, also in your opinion, the target deserves it. On the other hand it's not allowable if, in your opinion, the target doesn't deserve it.

I, however, don't condone being nasty, personal and insulting to anyone, whatever one's opinion of them is.

Nastiness is allowable... Don't you realise that simple fact

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1132 on: September 16, 2020, 08:02:58 PM »
Mostly true?? No    IMO.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 01:18:33 PM by G-Unit »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1133 on: September 16, 2020, 10:21:03 PM »
Nastiness is allowable... Don't you realise that simple fact

Why, if it's allowable, is there so much wailing and knashing of teeth from those who support the McCanns when (in their opinions) someone is nasty towards them?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1134 on: September 16, 2020, 10:34:41 PM »
Why, if it's allowable, is there so much wailing and knashing of teeth from those who support the McCanns when (in their opinions) someone is nasty towards them?
Maybe that too is freedom of speech.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1135 on: September 16, 2020, 10:44:07 PM »
Maybe that too is freedom of speech.

In which case it should be available to all.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1136 on: September 16, 2020, 10:54:04 PM »
You are allowed to be nasty and people are allowed to find you nasty and to say so, or should be anyway, imo. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1137 on: September 16, 2020, 11:12:24 PM »
You are allowed to be nasty and people are allowed to find you nasty and to say so, or should be anyway, imo.

See the rules of the forum;

Abuse will not be tolerated. Break the rules expect a ban!
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1138 on: September 16, 2020, 11:53:41 PM »
See the rules of the forum;

Abuse will not be tolerated. Break the rules expect a ban!
I said you were allowed to be nasty and for others to find you nasty and say so.  I didn’t say anything about abuse.  Wonderfulspam posted a particularly nasty comment which you have allowed to stand.  I am allowed to say it’s nasty am I not? 

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1139 on: September 17, 2020, 12:42:01 AM »
In which case it should be available to all.
That depends on who is giving the freedom.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.