Author Topic: Should the McCanns search for Madeleine instead of wasting money on litigation?  (Read 15594 times)

Offline John

There's plenty of money in the fund... I would offer £100,000
For information that leads to the arrest of those responsible for the abduction of Maddie.... And advertised throughout Portugal... If it was legal to do so

Isn't the priority to get the child back or is a prosecution more desirable?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 07:13:45 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline ShiningInLuz

At this stage, isn't the priority simply to find out more about what happened to Madeleine?  If this led to neither the child's return nor a prosecution, would it be worth the Find Madeleine fund coughing up?

One obvious example is the Smith sighting.  Would it be worth 20k simply to find out Smithman is not pivotal to the case?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 10:16:14 AM by ShiningInLuz »
What's up, old man?

Offline G-Unit

At this stage, isn't the priority simply to find out more about what happened to Madeleine?  If this led to neither the child's return nor a prosecution, would it be worth the Find Madeleine fund coughing up?

One obvious example is the Smith sighting.  Would it be worth 20k simply to find out Smithman is not pivotal to the case?

That sighting is probably the only lead we know about. Were the Smiths really the only people who saw that man?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline John

Bump
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Robittybob1

Bump
The priority is to get the child back IMO.  Then prosecute.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline barrier

The priority is to get the child back IMO.  Then prosecute.

Assuming  the first is obtainable.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline The General

Bump
I'm sure Joe Public believed the funds were to 'find' Madeleine, not to prop up litigation.
I know the line was spun that by stopping Amaral's book more people would continue to search, ergo, expensive litigation was required, yet the search has continued unabated irrespective.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline barrier

I'm sure Joe Public believed the funds were to 'find' Madeleine, not to prop up litigation.
I know the line was spun that by stopping Amaral's book more people would continue to search, ergo, expensive litigation was required, yet the search has continued unabated irrespective.
Indeed there doesn't seem to be any constraints on Grange.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

The problem is the most important  place is Portugal and according to sil most people believe the parents covered up her, death ......because of what amaral has claimed... Looking forward to the ECHR... shame it will be such a long wait
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 10:23:52 AM by Davel »

Offline Angelo222

The problem is the most important  place is Portugal and according to sil most people believe the parents covered up her, death ......because of what amaral has claimed... Looking forward to the ECHR... shame it will be such a long wait

The McCanns brought suspicion to their own door by refusing absolute cooperation with the police in the investigation of their daughter's mysterious disappearance and thereafter attempted to destroy the very policemen charged with finding that daughter.  No wonder the Portuguese people despise them now imo.

They are both a disgrace imo
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Erngath

The McCanns brought suspicion to their own door by refusing absolute cooperation with the police in the investigation of their daughter's mysterious disappearance and thereafter attempted to destroy the very policemen charged with finding that daughter.  No wonder the Portuguese people despise them now imo.

If the entire population of Portugal " despise" the parents of a missing little girl then that adds to my reasons for never having had any desire to holiday there.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Mr Gray

I disagree...
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 10:31:15 PM by John »

Offline G-Unit

If the entire population of Portugal " despise" the parents of a missing little girl then that adds to my reasons for never having had any desire to holiday there.

Imagine a Portuguese couple had lost a child when holidaying in the UK. Imagine them criticising the British police within hours of their child going missing. Imagine the Portuguese press arriving en masse and staying for months.  Imagine the Portuguese press describing the British police as 'bungling' and 'fish and chip eating'. I don't think the population of the UK would be keen on the couple and they wouldn't care if other Portuguese people said they wouldn't visit the UK in the aftermath.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

Imagine a Portuguese couple had lost a child when holidaying in the UK. Imagine them criticising the British police within hours of their child going missing. Imagine the Portuguese press arriving en masse and staying for months.  Imagine the Portuguese press describing the British police as 'bungling' and 'fish and chip eating'. I don't think the population of the UK would be keen on the couple and they wouldn't care if other Portuguese people said they wouldn't visit the UK in the aftermath.

I think if the police were bungling most of us would criticise them too

Offline Eleanor

I think if the police were bungling most of us would criticise them too

I would.