Author Topic: Is It Possible For A Non Professional Investigator To Solve The Case?  (Read 105274 times)

Offline ShiningInLuz

Re: Is It Possible For A Non Professional Investigator To Solve The Case?
« Reply #570 on: October 13, 2019, 12:45:37 AM »
It's definitely not an E-FIT, which as the name suggests is a likeness assembled from various facial features - hair, eyes, nose, mouth, etc. on a computer screen, although in its infancy was carried out with paper/cardboard cutouts, as I recall.

The pencil sketch was done by an experienced amateur artist, who I feel actually saw this mysterious person in reality, or by a professional guided by the input of Jeni Weinberger.

This OU video of an attempt at Judi Dench's face shows how poor E-FITs can be...

https://www.open.edu/openlearn/ocw/mod/oucontent/view.php?id=68096§ion=2.4

Best post in ages.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #571 on: October 13, 2019, 11:11:53 AM »
I dont see how any member of the public could solve the case...they could come up with  a theory but this doesnt equate to solving the case until the suspect is charged and proven guilty. Amaral has a theory...the members of CMOMM have a theory...who says these are not right.
Having looked at hollys claims and the clues shes given away I think its very simple to see who she claims carried out the abduction....the problem is she has no proof ...its simply a claim and not much more than a guess
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 11:54:06 AM by Davel »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #572 on: October 13, 2019, 02:32:05 PM »
I dont see how any member of the public could solve the case...they could come up with  a theory but this doesnt equate to solving the case until the suspect is charged and proven guilty. Amaral has a theory...the members of CMOMM have a theory...who says these are not right.
Having looked at hollys claims and the clues shes given away I think its very simple to see who she claims carried out the abduction....the problem is she has no proof ...its simply a claim and not much more than a guess

Holly's theory is interesting but not really a contender imo. SY will have looked at it all the same just in case.

As for a non professional investigator solving the case eventually, I see no reason why not.  IMO, identify Smithman and you have solved the case.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 02:35:35 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #573 on: October 13, 2019, 02:38:45 PM »
Holly's theory is interesting but not really a contender imo. SY will have looked at it all the same just in case.

As for a non professional investigator solving the case eventually, I see no reason why not.  IMO, identify Smithman and you have solved the case.

As Ive already said...if someone had some inside information that would be different...but as it stands I dont see how anyone could solve the case just with the info on the net....
hollys theory is just one of many......and has little or no real evidence to support it
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 03:24:57 PM by Davel »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #574 on: October 13, 2019, 08:18:48 PM »
As Ive already said...if someone had some inside information that would be different...but as it stands I dont see how anyone could solve the case just with the info on the net....
hollys theory is just one of many......and has little or no real evidence to support it

Many non professional investigators like our very own Heri have gone much further than the internet to their credit.  I would include Sadie and Shining and a few others in this.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Online Anthro

« Reply #575 on: October 13, 2019, 08:36:45 PM »
Hi Davel, I agree, a theory is just a theory. Have you considered that in all the theories, there might be a minor detail that might be significant in Madeleine’s case?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #576 on: October 13, 2019, 09:39:29 PM »
Hi Davel, I agree, a theory is just a theory. Have you considered that in all the theories, there might be a minor detail that might be significant in Madeleine’s case?

Davel would have us all believe that keyboard warriors have no value.  Many of our members have been in touch with both OG and the PJ about the Maddie case and to their credit too!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #577 on: October 13, 2019, 11:58:20 PM »
Davel would have us all believe that keyboard warriors have no value.  Many of our members have been in touch with both OG and the PJ about the Maddie case and to their credit too!
How do you square this allegedly worthwhile contribution from our members to Operation Grange with your other firmly held belief that the Met haven’t got a bloody clue?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #578 on: October 14, 2019, 07:56:55 AM »

I certainly do believe that these keyboard warriors have no value.... Do you have any evidence that they do..

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #579 on: October 14, 2019, 07:59:01 AM »

Anything is possible but I don't see any evidence that any member here, has been of assistance to SY.

We have Holly insisting she has solved the case... Ridiculing others.... When it seems her theory has not impressed those she thought it might

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #580 on: October 14, 2019, 08:58:39 AM »

If Smithman is relevant how do you explain the fact the S&R dogs did not scent in his direction?  If must then surely mean that MM was placed in a car close to 5A, hence the dogs did not scent outside the immediate vicinity, and then for whatever reason(s) Smithman left the car with MM where they were spotted by the Smith family?

Some here believe KM deceived investigators by giving the dog handlers items that had not been in close proximity to MM's body to enable the dogs to pick up on her scent.  Although no one has suggested who they were scenting.

My theory/suspects does not involve any straining of the facts.  Its simple the suspects had a legitimate reason to be in close proximity to 5A and had access to a vehicle; MM was placed in a vehicle very close to 5A (sorry I can't provide GPS coordinates  8)--))) and driven away hence the dogs just scented around the immediate vicinity.

Bearing in mind the dogs scent off skin rafts which shed at the rate of 40,000 per minute therefore any slight air disturbance will move these things about akin to snow drifts but the bottom line is the dogs did not scent MM outside immediate vicinity which just happens to stack up with my theory/suspect(s).   8(>(( ?>)()<
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #581 on: October 14, 2019, 09:03:22 AM »

The best theories are surely those where the facts do not need to be strained? 

Do you have any 'minor details' in mind?
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #582 on: October 14, 2019, 09:06:32 AM »
If Smithman is relevant how do you explain the fact the S&R dogs did not scent in his direction?  If must then surely mean that MM was placed in a car close to 5A, hence the dogs did not scent outside the immediate vicinity, and then for whatever reason(s) Smithman left the car with MM where they were spotted by the Smith family?

Some here believe KM deceived investigators by giving the dog handlers items that had not been in close proximity to MM's body to enable the dogs to pick up on her scent.  Although no one has suggested who they were scenting.

My theory/suspects does not involve any straining of the facts.  Its simple the suspects had a legitimate reason to be in close proximity to 5A and had access to a vehicle; MM was placed in a vehicle very close to 5A (sorry I can't provide GPS coordinates  8)--))) and driven away hence the dogs just scented around the immediate vicinity.

Bearing in mind the dogs scent off skin rafts which shed at the rate of 40,000 per minute therefore any slight air disturbance will move these things about akin to snow drifts but the bottom line is the dogs did not scent MM outside immediate vicinity which just happens to stack up with my theory/suspect(s).   8(>(( ?>)()<

You seem to have ultimate faith in the dogs which I think is misplaced... The fact that you think the perps had a legitimate reason to be around 5a really does, narrow it down.  I'm surprised ni one else has cracked your theory.  Its really obvious
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 09:08:35 AM by Davel »

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #583 on: October 14, 2019, 09:20:15 AM »
You seem to have ultimate faith in the dogs which I think is misplaced... The fact that you think the perps had a legitimate reason to be around 5a really does, narrow it down.  I'm surprised ni one else has cracked your theory.  Its really obvious

The S&R dogs have a long proven track record over every environment and terrain imaginable.  What reasons do you have for believing they tracked wrong in this case?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #584 on: October 14, 2019, 09:34:48 AM »
The S&R dogs have a long proven track record over every environment and terrain imaginable.  What reasons do you have for believing they tracked wrong in this case?

The testimony of their handlers

They may also have pucked up a, scent from a previous day
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 09:42:20 AM by Davel »