Author Topic: Netflix to air new documentary about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.  (Read 75499 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Netflix to air new documentary about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2017, 01:43:21 AM »
How dreadful.

So the psychological torture of the Mccanns looks like being cranked up a notch or few then.

How some sadists will enjoy that.

IMO

Apparently with the intention of keeping it going over eight episodes, Sadie.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2017, 07:50:06 AM »

There will be nothing new. 

Just the same old rehashed poppycock.

Bundle Man, Creepy Man, Dead tractor drivers & Ocean club staff.

I'm expecting "Formally Cleared", "Ruled out by the MET" & "Not suspects" to feature prominently.

The McCanns can sleep easy.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2017, 08:14:53 AM »

There will be nothing new. 

Just the same old rehashed poppycock.

Bundle Man, Creepy Man, Dead tractor drivers & Ocean club staff.

I'm expecting "Formally Cleared", "Ruled out by the MET" & "Not suspects" to feature prominently.

The McCanns can sleep easy.
They won't get Madeleine back so there is no reason to sleep easy.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline sadie

« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2017, 08:51:00 AM »
Apparently with the intention of keeping it going over eight episodes, Sadie.
Appalling, but some sadists will have a bean feast.   Phew, eight episodes, what a treat for them if it turns out to be like alleged other videos Netfix have produced.

I really am thinking that The Law has to be changed to stop these destructive Media/ video intrusions.   Some are little else than made up disinformation and propaganda.

But sadly seems we shall have to wait and see.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2017, 09:40:18 AM »
Appalling, but some sadists will have a bean feast.   Phew, eight episodes, what a treat for them if it turns out to be like alleged other videos Netfix have produced.

I really am thinking that The Law has to be changed to stop these destructive Media/ video intrusions.   Some are little else than made up disinformation and propaganda.

But sadly seems we shall have to wait and see.

There is always an element of speculation when making a programme about cases with a 'mystery' label attached.

In my opinion the Americans are not terribly precise when it comes to making 'documentaries'. 
Most of those I have seen suffer from hype ~ weird interpretation of what passes for evidence ~ all coupled with sensationalism from presentations on Noah's Ark to the Black Dalhia.

Using JonBenet's story to entertain as described is one thing; JonBenet is is dead and foreign male DNA was on her body.  I'm not sure if turning her death into a community project is acceptable; maybe that is just me; but the fact remains that there is a male predator out there who has not been traced.

Using Madeleine's story for entertainment is another thing.
Madeleine is missing and may be alive ... her case is still an active one which in my opinion will debar any one who actually knows what is happening ... to silence.
Although sceptics have a fluid definition of that, for example ... Martin Grime "cannot" speak but Goncalo Amaral is allowed to write books and become a media pundit detailing the same case which silences Grime.  OK.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2017, 11:07:05 AM »
There is always an element of speculation when making a programme about cases with a 'mystery' label attached.

In my opinion the Americans are not terribly precise when it comes to making 'documentaries'. 
Most of those I have seen suffer from hype ~ weird interpretation of what passes for evidence ~ all coupled with sensationalism from presentations on Noah's Ark to the Black Dalhia.

Using JonBenet's story to entertain as described is one thing; JonBenet is is dead and foreign male DNA was on her body.  I'm not sure if turning her death into a community project is acceptable; maybe that is just me; but the fact remains that there is a male predator out there who has not been traced.

Madeleine is missing and may be alive ... her case is still an active one which in my opinion will debar any one who actually knows what is happening ... to silence.
Although sceptics have a fluid definition of that, for example ... Martin Grime "cannot" speak but Goncalo Amaral is allowed to write books and become a media pundit detailing the same case which silences Grime.  OK.

I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiments of this post. I couldn't care less if it is potrayed from a supporter or sceptic view point. It is entertainment, and not  a proper investigative project, from  my understanding.
Madeleine Beth McCann is a financial commodity- her mortal state is only interesting to those people who can ply their wares about what happened to her.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 02:58:33 PM by Brietta »
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2017, 11:19:00 AM »

Probably why the McCanns had the good sense to run for the hills when approached by Netflix.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline misty

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/866627/Gerry-Kate-McCann-snub-new-Maddie-documentary

FILMMAKERS are pressing ahead with a controversial eight-part documentary about the abduction of Madeleine McCann – even though her parents want nothing to do with it.

By JAMES MURRAY
PUBLISHED: 00:01, Sun, Oct 15, 2017 | UPDATED: 09:22, Sun, Oct 15, 2017

The so-called Tapas Seven, friends of the McCanns who holidayed with them at Praia da Luz, Portugal, when Madeleine disappeared 10 years ago, have also snubbed the venture commissioned by Netflix and Paramount.

Despite the rejection of co-operation by parents Gerry and Kate McCann, Pulse Films has put together a team, including producers and researchers, to keep the project on track.

They are working on a “treatment” which will form the basis of the series, which could cost £20million.

Last week an executive working for the London-based firm visited Rothley, Leicestershire, where the McCanns live and spent hours interviewing journalists who have chronicled the story.

The assistant producer, who has expertise in undercover filming, later flew to Portugal where he has already established links with people closely involved with the story.

Another executive has also visited residents near the home.

It is thought producers want to involve former Portuguese police chief Goncalo Amaral, who has been involved in bitter legal action with the McCanns.

Dramatic reconstructions will be made of key events, including the night of May 3, 2007, when Madeleine, aged three, disappeared.
Clarence Mitchell, spokesman for the McCanns, has confirmed Pulse Films wrote to Kate and Gerry asking them to co-operate.

He said: “Gerry said they did not want to get involved and that is also the view of their friends.”

Netflix is hoping to screen the series next spring, but a spokesman for Pulse Films declined to comment.

The company has more than 100 million subscribers with more than half of them living outside the United States.

Scotland Yard and Portuguese police continue to investigate the case but they have not made a breakthrough.

A television insider said: "This documentary series could provide the McCanns with an opportunity to appeal to a vast global audience of possibly 50 million for help, but they may see it as exploitative and too painful.”
=================================================================

So, it's reportedly going to cost a whopping £20m to produce a documentary on an investigation which has cost the taxpayer £12m over 10 years. I wonder if any of the sceptics will spot the irony in that?

Offline barrier

So, it's reportedly going to cost a whopping £20m to produce a documentary on an investigation which has cost the taxpayer £12m over 10 years. I wonder if any of the sceptics will spot the irony in that?

Netflix will probably recoup their money,the tax payer certainly won't.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline John

Personally I don't see how anyone could possibly produce any informative worthwhile documentary on this case when it isn't even known what happened to Madeleine. This is especially true if the main witnesses wont even take part.

The case is as wide open today as it was the night she was reported missing. There are numerous valid possibilities as to what really happened to Madeleine McCann.

A documentary at this stage will not answer any questions.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 04:56:10 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline jassi

One based on the known documentation could be interesting, don't you think?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

One based on the known documentation could be interesting, don't you think?

In my opinion it would be impossible for the production team to gain access to all the known documentation on Madeleine's case.

Offline jassi

Quite right. I should have said documentation in the public domain.
If truthfully based on that, it would be difficult for anyone to dispute the content.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

Quite right. I should have said documentation in the public domain.
If truthfully based on that, it would be difficult for anyone to dispute the content.

If content which was inaccurate and defamatory about any individual concerned were to be promulgated, there might be some measure of difficulty.  Unless the Netflix documentaries are made in Portugal for a Portuguese audience thirsting for 'Freedom of Expression' and 'honour' ... I would imagine the content would be gone over with a fine tooth comb by lawyers versed in libel law.

Offline jassi

Aren't Netflix American?  Can't see them being overly bothered as any legal action would need to be taken there.

Or maybe not -